Do you make or buy luggage tags?

I bought travel toothbrush toothpaste kit from Walgreens Drugs

for one dollar and they worked great using the sleeve wrap for the baggage tags

For cabins .

I did see these today at Walgreens, but they looked a little too long. How did you fit the paper tags?

I will get them and try, got the toothpaste/brush if nothing else...

I bought the luggage tag holders from cruise critic and they worked really well

I just ordered tags from cruisetags.ca - works tho' Amazon - have different tags for all cruise lines. RCI and Celebrity are the narrow ones. I thought they would save a lot of hassle.

Thanks everyone for your input. I ended up ordering a set from Amazon.

Now I have to focus on the excursions. For some reason I am having a tough time finalizing plans.

Also noticed a few of the posters are from Michigan - We are from Sterling Heights, MI.

Thanks

We have used clear contact paper; it works well!

Enjoy your cruise.

We have lost too many luggage tags while flying. I think that the airport workers here and in the states think it is their job to separate our luggage tags from our luggage! :eek:

Most times we fly in for our cruise. Contact paper works GREAT and has stayed stapled and has never come off! :D

Hi - do you make or buy your luggage tags? If you bought them, where from and how much did they cost?

Last year we were on our 1st cruise on Allure and my husband made the luggage tags using clear tape. When we were leaving one of the luggage tags must of came off and we had to find the 1 piece of luggage in an area for unclaimed luggage.

So now I am considering buying luggage tags from online.

Thank you for your input.

Sue

We print them and cover them with tape and use a twist tie to secure them. One trick I picked up from these boards - print two for each suitcase. That way if it gets torn off, you have a back up!

I am not a cruise veteran by any stretch but I just turn up to the terminal sans tags. Go to the luggage drop off point and show some kind gentleman my ticket. He writes something on my bag and it ends up outside my room. Sorry but I don't get the luggage tags issue.

Am I missing something here?

I assumed that people were initially talking about the type of tag that is used to help locate lost luggage, has your name, home address etc.

Cruise Critic sent a code for a birthday discount. We just loaded them tonight for our upcoming Radiance cruise. You can also find them on Anazon.

Not sure I would trust paper alone.

Bought mine using the Cruise Critic birthday code as well. Saved a few $$ and they work well.

A little OT but this may work tho I have not tried it yet. My BIL has a embroidery shop so I thought I would see if he could come up with a luggage tag to be put on after our arrival in our port city. It would have our sail date, ship, our last name, stateroom number, and some kind of logo. The attachment would be a gromet and zip tie thru the canvas material. After leaving the ship, I plan on making a shadow box to put all our luggage tags in to display. There's another way also that involves cutting a cotton tee shirt and applying a vinyl type material with heat. A third idea would be applying this vinyl material to a vinyl material, something like what is used in banners. Don't know the cost or even if it is possible but I will find out this weekend when I see him.

Your input would be appreciated

Xray

Here is a cheap and easy way to do your bag tags.

- Print off tags (in color if you can)

- trim them appropriately

- take them to Staples (or silimar place)

- have Staples laminate them

- trim laminated tags

- buy a cheap single whole punch

- punch one corner or somewhere at the top

- affix to bag with a zip tie

Total cost for 4 tags...less than $3.00

We cruise 4x a year...never do these tags come off.

Here is a cheap and easy way to do your bag tags.

- Print off tags (in color if you can)

- trim them appropriately

- take them to Staples (or silimar place)

- have Staples laminate them

- trim laminated tags

- buy a cheap single whole punch

- punch one corner or somewhere at the top

- affix to bag with a zip tie

Total cost for 4 tags...less than $3.00

We cruise 4x a year...never do these tags come off.

That's not that economical if you cruise 4x/year. Much, much cheaper int he long run to buy the clear tag holders. We got ours through Amazon and have used them 3 or 4 times so far and they are still in perfect shape, so a lot less than $3/cruise after multiple uses with more to come. I bought 8 and they were somewhere around $12 or something. Regardless, it's a one time purchase that will get many uses without having to go somewhere and have them laminated or taping/stapling them on ourselves.

Edited by BND

I actually make my own tags, as I sell them on etsy, I have my own laminating machine. I have my regular tags with name and address, and also locator tags. Since we are Diamond, I put that on there as well!

I got lots of compliments when checking in at Ft Lauderdale for the bus to the port!

RCLTags.jpg.a7dac569b6fcf968d738ea42ed675606.jpg

531519424_3luggagetags.jpg.16d554a0273743038e66e4fdc127936b.jpg

Edited by MCazer

I always design and print my own on photo paper, them laminate them and punch a single hole with which to attach them with a zip-cord/tag. All they have to say is your name, cabin and deck, plus, if you get it from your cruise docs, the ship sector; A,B,C,D etc...

Edited by roysmith99

I always laminate ours, then punch a hole on each end. When wrapped around the luggage handle, I place curling ribbon through it hole and tie it together. The curling ribbon is surprisingly strong, not to mention inexpensive. To further secure it, I then staple across the bottom. The tags have always held on.

I didn't read all your responses, but I like someone else, just print them off when I do the Set Sail pass. I follow the directions on how to fold them. Cover them with Scotch tape, fit under the handle, and staple about 3 times. I have never in my 25 years of cruising, lost any luggage that way. When I put them on my luggage, I do not put it on the "main" handle, as that is normally where the airline attendants pick it up, but on the side.

BND...not that economical? Really. $3.00 4 times a year = $12.00! Pretty cheap really.

As opposed to $12-15 for clear tag holders that last years? Really? You obviously didn't read my post.