Cruise Complainers

Hi to all Royal Caribbean Cruisers.

I am a British Cruiser who has never cruised on Royal Caribbean

but have a question for all those who do. During your cruise to you ever hear of fellow passengers in general discussion Complaing about such things as:

Falling Standards, Poor Food,Poor Entertainment, The standards of Fellow Pasengers etc.

I ask because on a UK forum I contribute to these type of people are referred to as "Moaners" and according to fellow Brits who cruise with American Lines they never hear such complaints aboard American ships.

I thank you for any reply's received.

I think the compaints come with the reviews and not while we are on the ship. It is easy to say this was not as good as past cruises, but most of us love cruises and I do not always sail RCCL but RCCL is a excellent line in general.

We've run into a few moaners (I do like that term!) but not many. I can never figure out if these people are just generally unhappy all the time, or if they think others will be impressed by their superior standards and extensive knowledge of haute cuisine etc.

Maybe they're just lonely...after all, who would want to spend time with them?

iv read a quite a few moaners here and heard some on my last cruise , i think nothing is perfect , so you go on your vacation looking to have fun, some look to find things wrong,some are spoiled by better ships and such, or thats just how some are. if you go in with a positive attitude and know nothing is perfect you will have a great time.

iv read a quite a few moaners here and heard some on my last cruise , i think nothing is perfect , so you go on your vacation looking to have fun, some look to find things wrong,some are spoiled by better ships and such, or thats just how some are. if you go in with a positive attitude and know nothing is perfect you will have a great time.

positive attitude and the all you can drink package will make you a happy person

but have a question for all those who do. During your cruise to you ever hear of fellow passengers in general discussion Complaing about such things as:

Falling Standards, Poor Food,Poor Entertainment, The standards of Fellow Pasengers etc.

I ask because on a UK forum I contribute to these type of people are referred to as "Moaners" and according to fellow Brits who cruise with American Lines they never hear such complaints aboard American ships.

Yes, we have heard people complain. Some complaints may be valid, some not. There's no point in whingeing about things if they haven't raised the issue with crew while on board though. We once asked to be moved to another table the night after we had to endure constant moaning about the lack of chocolates on pillows and towel animals. It was of no interest to us and we didn't go on holiday to dine with people who were miserable!

I have cruised off/on for 25 years. I really haven't heard too much complaining, unless, like someone said, it is put into a review. I will say years ago, we did a brand new NCL ship, the Star, and OHHHHHHHHH were there lots of complaints on the ship, and also on the airplane we were on.

I've seldom heard any complaints and usually quite the contrary (people are excited and love it). There are always exceptions or people who are having a bad experience, but unless you're close to them on the ship you don't usually hear about it until you read Cruise Critic later. One guy last week told me he thought cruising was not for him (nothing against RCI, but cruising in general) because he wanted to spend more time in the places we went. That's fair enough if that is your preference.

Most of the people on the ships we've been on are having a wonderful time and if there are any complaints they are overshadowed by the joy of being there.

Tom

In short answer, contrary to the replies on here, yes. Why are there longer lines at guest relations these days, complaining about RCI and the ineptitude in delivering what was either a) purchased or b) agreed that's why. However, if you make constructive complaints instead of moaning whilst onboard, I can assure that you will receive a more beneficial outcome. Edited by peteukmcr

In short answer, contrary to the replies on here, yes. Why are there longer lines at guest relations these days, complaining about RCI and the ineptitude in delivering what was either a) purchased or b) agreed that's why. However, if you make constructive complaints instead of moaning whilst onboard, I can assure that you will receive a more beneficial outcome.

You hang out in the Diamond or Concierge Lounge. That's where all the whiners are.

;) :D :p :D

You hang out in the Diamond or Concierge Lounge. That's where all the whiners are.

Actually I don't hang out in the concierge lounge (or I didn't even though I should been able to as a suite guest) due to the number of non suite guests monopolising the venue at the detriment of suite guests who have paid for that amenity. Thus why I discussed with Miami and management whilst on board and not in a review on CC to ensure a satisfactory outcome.

Not all people who 'hang out' in the DL are whiners thank you. And I did see the smiley faces, but it's not amusing to label guests who visit the DL or CL as whiners - JMHO.

Edited by peteukmcr

Yes, we have heard people complain. Some complaints may be valid, some not. There's no point in whingeing about things if they haven't raised the issue with crew while on board though. We once asked to be moved to another table the night after we had to endure constant moaning about the lack of chocolates on pillows and towel animals. It was of no interest to us and we didn't go on holiday to dine with people who were miserable!

WHAT??? :eek:

I have been cruising RCCL of and on since 1982. Have things changed? yes. Do I still love to cruise RCCL? YES!

We've heard a few complaints over the years but not too many. My favorite was from our Vision Cruise last month. While at the Pursers desk the lady next to us was loudly complaining about all the loud obnoxious music all over the ship. The cruise was out of Panama and the entertainment was geared towards Spanish speaking cultures. We found it refreshing and really enjoyed it but she obviously did not was letting everyone around know. That was day 2 on the cruise. ....I think she had a long week.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Forums mobile app

Guest maddycat

We've been lucky. We meet people at the Diamond Event who are enjoying their cruise.

Only once, I shut her down very quickly. Also, I have "hung out" in both the concierge and diamond lounges. I have enjoyed meeting some awesome people and having some great conversations. I don't recall anyone in ether of these venues being negative.

Our daughter and SIL took their first cruise with us recently and even though I had let them know that not everything would go smoothly and to not let the little things become a major one and the few minor things that popped up, they quickly learned that all they needed to do was let their waiter know what they would like & it was promptly done. They thought they would have to run to another table and we explained to them to let their waiter etc know and things would be done to their liking. For the most part, we have not encountered many who complain on our cruises.

Edited by Desert Cruizers

i gave up my really nice boss table near the violinist in the MDR , because none of my table mates showed up ,so a family of 8 could all sit together , and not only did i get no thanks , the grumpy old buzzered complained to the waiter that the violinist sucked and he wasnt happy with that table. :mad:

i felt like taking my table back and kicking him in the nuts.

Edited by Harooni

I think there are a few on every cruise. They are generally a very small minority and easily avoided though.

On the other hand, I must have a twisted personality because sometimes I find it wildly entertaining to grab a drink and sit near guest services and eavesdrop :D I'd say a full half of what people bring to them is ridiculous, but pretty funny if you are not the poor worked having to be polite to the person (and that goes way up if high seas keep you from docking in a port, etc)

Only been on one RCL cruise so far, didn't hear anyone moaning, nearly everyone seemed to be having a great time.

There was a minority of frowned faces passengers who looked out of place, the "pecking mother-in-law type", but they were largely subdued. One of our dinner table mates wasn't so lucky, for breakfast one morning he was outnumbered. Apparently he was unworthy to be seated at their table, a trucker was beneath their stature!

Edited by Stateroom_Sailor

I also found that while moaning is plentiful on CC, onboard most people are just there to have a good time. I only encountered one loud moaner on a cruise. We had arrived at the Windjammer before it opened (about ten to six) on the Allure, so naturally a line formed, waiting for opening. This man in front of us was huffing and puffing "I've never in my life stood in so many lines! You have to stand in line for everything here, it's just crazy!!!!". My husband and I said to each other (in our foreign language) if it bothers him so much why doesn't he just come back in ten minutes when the place is open???????? This line is here because we've (we were about 15 people) showed up early, what do you want? He obviously just wanted to be angry and loud about it. We thought it was funny.