is Regal same as Royal?

remydiva

After reading countless comments and complaints about the Royal, many wondered here on CC if changes would be made in the new Regal design.

As I look at the Regal deck plans, it still looks to me that there is NO staircase midships for passengers. Also it appears that the outdoor promenade deck Deck 7 does NOT go all around the ship.

Can anyone on her or has been on her comment? :confused:

You are correct-the promenade deck does not go all the way around and there is no center staircase for pax use. They did add an aft plunge pool.

These are the new features as stated by Princess:

"Two new features of Regal Princess include an additional aft pool and access to the exterior promenade on deck 7, enabling passengers to walk the length of the ship."

It also appears has if they tried to correct the soot issue with extended stacks and added some additional wind protection to the retreat pool. All else should be essentially the same.

These are the new features as stated by Princess:

"Two new features of Regal Princess include an additional aft pool and access to the exterior promenade on deck 7, enabling passengers to walk the length of the ship."

It also appears has if they tried to correct the soot issue with extended stacks and added some additional wind protection to the retreat pool. All else should be essentially the same.

The aft pool is the dipping/plunge pool that I mentioned. The promenade deck still does not go all the way around!

The cost of fixing the center staircase was about 3 million dollars-not cheap.

Seems Regal will basically be the same as Royal ... no major changes.

Well that is good to know as there had been some talk here that Princess surely would correct these " mistakes" .

IF I book on either the Regal or the Royal, i will definitely, not book mid ships like I usually do, as we always use the stairs.

On our 5 day cruise earlier this month, we met two couples who had been on the Royal and they both said "never again" for all the reasons others have voiced.

A real shame to hear that.:(

Edited by remydiva

Well that is good to know as there had been some talk here that Princess surely would correct these " mistakes" .

IF I book on either thenRegal or the Royal, i will definitely, not book mid ships like I usually do, as we always use the stairs.

On our 5 day cruise earlier this month, we met two couples who had been on the Royal and they both said "never again" for all the reasons others have voiced.

A real shame to hear that.:(

To be honest, having a central staircase and full promenade deck are very low on my list of important "must haves" on a cruise ship. The Allure of the Seas doesn't have one and that could be the most impressive and most fun ship ever built. We'll be on the Royal in Copenhagen in 44 days and there's no place I'd rather be.

Well in business money talks. The 10 day med cruises on the regal are selling for less the $1000, well done to Princess for launching a ship that's cheap as chips to sail on. Obviously demand for there newest ship isn't there.

Well in business money talks. The 10 day med cruises on the regal are selling for less the $1000, well done to Princess for launching a ship that's cheap as chips to sail on. Obviously demand for there newest ship isn't there.

LOVE the Brit humour....my laff for the morning :p

My friend from Manchester often says (and excuse my spelling)

'nots the queerest folk'

to sum it up when we can't explain why people do what people do. Perhaps that pertains to Princess ship design team.

I had an aft cabin on the Royal during the latest TA (C-742) and did not experience much soot – but did see a little on 2 days, and that was quickly cleaned by the cabin steward. I really didn’t think it was a problem. Also, I used the stairs aft and forward, and also used the elevators aft and forward without any issues. I only had two complaints on the Royal lay-out, and both were general. 1) the central elevator call buttons are not ganged (6 elevators, a bit smaller than the Grand class), so people would hit all the elevator buttons waiting for a ride. This caused all the elevators to stop on almost every level even when there is no-one still waiting. The aft and forward elevators were much quicker (i.e.: express vice locals)! And the 2nd was the noise level in the plaza. It’s really a large space now, and looks great – but it’s being used to teach people how to line dance and zumba and and pop-star singing and for super loud bands and entertainers/singers. I wish it was a bit quieter so it could be enjoyed vice hidden and quickly run from due to crowds and noise.

I didn’t miss the aft ‘mini’ pool, and I really liked the way you could just sit and/or eat on the aft behind Horizon Court.

So, I’ll probably cruise on the Regal, as I will probably cruise again on the Royal. The positives onboard really way outweigh the negatives – and most negatives are one of perspective, not really material defects. And. as usual, service was great!

Thanks for the report on the incorporated changes to the Regal!

To be honest, having a central staircase and full promenade deck are very low on my list of important "must haves" on a cruise ship. The Allure of the Seas doesn't have one and that could be the most impressive and most fun ship ever built. We'll be on the Royal in Copenhagen in 44 days and there's no place I'd rather be.

The Allure has a full wrap around walking promenade and the 'aft' staircase is really a central staircase, placed between central park and the boardwalk areas of the ship. It is "midship" by any reasonable definition.

The aft pool is the dipping/plunge pool that I mentioned. The promenade deck still does not go all the way around!

The cost of fixing the center staircase was about 3 million dollars-not cheap.

The promenade "extensions" is a "very" narrow walkway that will allow you to walk most likely between the promenade porches. The view will be of the sides of the lifeboats. This walkway was designated "crew only" on the Royal....:(:(:(

Bob

Edited by Woobstr112G

LOVE the Brit humour....my laff for the morning :p

My friend from Manchester often says (and excuse my spelling)

'nots the queerest folk'

to sum it up when we can't explain why people do what people do. Perhaps that pertains to Princess ship design team.

You mean 'nowt as queer as folk' :D

DW and I sailed on the Royal TA last fall, and I must say, there were not many things I would change on the ship. There has yet to be a perfect ship design, and probably never will.

In the future, I would not be surprised to see the seafood bar, and the chocolate shop, both in the piazza, replaced with something else. Neither one attracted any foot traffic that I could see, which means that it is wasted when it comes to producing on-board revenue.

Now, to be sure, these are not deal breakers, and I assuredly would not stay away due to the promenade, small balconies, central staircase, or any other fault others have commented on.

Now, if the Princess designers are listening, what I would really like, is a true forward lounge, like on Celebrity. Do I NEED it? No. Would I LIKE it? Yes.

Stan, loving whatever ship I am on!

to sum it up when we can't explain why people do what people do. - Perhaps that pertains to Princess ship design team.

You mean 'nowt as queer as folk' :D

Judging by the recent posts (applying charges to Afredo's / room service charges / charging for mixers with drinks), this is not just the Princess ship design team but the entire Princess management / business strategy team :).

DW and I sailed on the Royal TA last fall, and I must say, there were not many things I would change on the ship. There has yet to be a perfect ship design, and probably never will.

In the future, I would not be surprised to see the seafood bar, and the chocolate shop, both in the piazza, replaced with something else. Neither one attracted any foot traffic that I could see, which means that it is wasted when it comes to producing on-board revenue.

Now, to be sure, these are not deal breakers, andI assuredly would not stay away due to the promenade, small balconies, central staircase, or any other fault others have commented on.

Now, if the Princess designers are listening, what I would really like, is a true forward lounge, like on Celebrity. Do I NEED it? No. Would I LIKE it? Yes.

Stan, loving whatever ship I am on!

Some of us would.....

Bob

...Now, if the Princess designers are listening, what I would really like, is a true forward lounge, like on Celebrity. Do I NEED it? No. Would I LIKE it?...
Or like the Crow's Nest forward on Lido deck of P&O's Britannia, the third "Royal Class" ship.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app