I Need How To Help re: Upgrading Alcohol Package

lovestx

Hi,

I've tried searching for this answer but couldn't find it. We know we want to upgrade to the Premium package (got Classic during 123Go) but I can't seem to figure out how to do that on the Celebrity website.

Anyone done this recently and can give me some pointers? Thought it would be nice to do it before we embark so that it's loaded on the cards when we arrive.

Hi,

I've tried searching for this answer but couldn't find it. We know we want to upgrade to the Premium package (got Classic during 123Go) but I can't seem to figure out how to do that on the Celebrity website.

Anyone done this recently and can give me some pointers? Thought it would be nice to do it before we embark so that it's loaded on the cards when we arrive.

Greetings

Call Celebrity's cruise enhancement department or your TA and they should be able to take care of that quite easily.

Good Sailing

Tom

I too upgraded easily by phone and the Premium upgrade showed the next day on "My Cruises Account".

I dread getting in Celebrity's phone queue but guess I may not have a choice. Hopefully my online TA will be willing to help me with this.

If you used a TA, just call or email them. Ours just added it to our balance due. The upgrade appeared on "My Celebrity" a few days after we made final payment. We used email to our customer service rep at the online TA, so I have documentation.

You can also do it just as easily when you board. Any bar will arrange it for you in a moment's time as easy as buying a drink. Especially useful of you have OBC to spend, it can be used towards the package.

Don't rely on it being on our card when checking in. I had the package 4 times and 2 times it wasn't on the card. Once was after I upgraded before boarding, and was charged on my credit card. Had to stand in line at Guest Relations and was told that I wasn't o the list. Showed them my billings, and confirmations and was told those didn't mean anything and they would have to check into it. I called my TA and they also got involved. Found it much easier to pay on board and not fight for something.

Sticker or not it doesn't matter. You can have them make a new card if it is that important.

Drink up

🍺🍻🍸

I actually think the sticker is better, as staff can more readily see what package you are on feather than the small print 4 letter font that tells them otherwise.

Hi Curt.

I frequently read your posts. Wanted to say thank you for your thoughtful words and observations.

Come join nov 1, 2014. TA Silhouette, rome to ft laud. Be nice to meet u.

Laters,

Ken

Ken Fort Lauderdale

Sent from my iPad

Edited by Kennyftlaud

Just to let you know as well if you are Elite + you have

a coupon that gives you 15% of drink packages,

I am led to believe that you can use this to get 15%

Of the upgrade price.

Of the upgrade price.

That would be good to know. Has anyone received the 15% off the upgrade? Can you still get as a credit if you upgrade in advance?

I had to call to upgrade. I do not believe it is possible to upgrade on line.

Of the upgrade price.

We are Elite Plus and are entitled to a 10% discount on beverage package purchases. I was told you will not receive the discount when you upgrade to the premium package if you were given the package as part of a promotion (like the 1,2,3 Go promotion).

Hi Curt.

I frequently read your posts. Wanted to say thank you for your thoughtful words and observations.

Come join nov 1, 2014. TA Silhouette, rome to ft laud. Be nice to meet u.

Laters,

Ken

Thanks, Ken! end me an email so I can have you in my personal contacts.

I am watching that sailing actually, but will be hard pressed to make it unless i get some extra money or find a deal I can't pass up by then....as I'm already on the November 30'th Sillhouette Pied Piper post thanksgiving cruise ...

We literally walked on board, turned to the nearest bar..and they upgraded it immediately. It took less than a minute!!

Hi,

Is there any price difference between upgrading in advance annd upgrading onboard?

We upgraded to the Premium package while onboard the Silhouette in April to be able to use some of our onboard credit. The cost was the same as doing it in advance...$11.50 per person per day.