All Access Tour

While I was on the phone this morning with RC adding a drink package, I also added the All Access Tour for both my husband and I.

I was told it's from 10:30-2:00 on day six of our first week, which is a sea day. How large is the group for this tour?

It seems like something we'd really both enjoy.

We've done it on 3 ships - Mariner, Freedom and Allure. We have always enjoyed it. It varies in size from 12-18 people in our experiences. A lot of walking, sometimes in the crew stairs which aren't as nice as the ones for guests. Sometimes steeper and more narrow steps. You must wear closed toe shoes and long pants. Here are some pictures from ours on Mariner to give you an idea of what you'll see.

We've done it on 3 ships - Mariner, Freedom and Allure. We have always enjoyed it. It varies in size from 12-18 people in our experiences. A lot of walking, sometimes in the crew stairs which aren't as nice as the ones for guests. Sometimes steeper and more narrow steps. You must wear closed toe shoes and long pants. Here are some pictures from ours on Mariner to give you an idea of what you'll see.

Glad to hear you enjoyed it. It's something we've always wanted to do, but we've always traveled with a larger group and had other things going on.

We just finished our all access tour on the oasis a few hours ago. Very cool tour. There were 15 people on ours. My only complaint is that they didn't go backstage at the theater or aqua theater. Also didn't see any crew quarters or crew bars / rec areas.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

It's nice that they let you take pictures. I did a behind the scenes tour on Carnival once, but they wouldn't allow any photography.

While I was on the phone this morning with RC adding a drink package, I also added the All Access Tour for both my husband and I.

I was told it's from 10:30-2:00 on day six of our first week, which is a sea day. How large is the group for this tour?

Did it on the Oasis in March. 15 in each group see pictures in my review by clicking on link below

I thought you could only book that once on board the ship and not in advance.

Leaving on Explorer next Sat and planning on doing it (loved the AA Tour on Liberty) ... would love to book it in advance if possible.

Can u do this online or via phone ?

We just finished our all access tour on the oasis a few hours ago. Very cool tour. There were 15 people on ours. My only complaint is that they didn't go backstage at the theater or aqua theater. Also didn't see any crew quarters or crew bars / rec areas.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I;m surprised ... on the Liberty, they showed us the officers cabin area, then down to their rec rooms and their own private staff dining room.

I;m surprised ... on the Liberty, they showed us the officers cabin area, then down to their rec rooms and their own private staff dining room.

It varies by ship and what the ship has to offer in terms of different venues. On ships that may not have as much in terms of unique or special areas of interest they may focus a little more on crew areas, etc. We've seen a different emphasis on certain areas on different ships. But it has always been interesting regardless of ship.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

Leaving on Explorer next Sat and planning on doing it (loved the AA Tour on Liberty) ... would love to book it in advance if possible.

It was by phone. I had called to pre-order a beverage package, and she asked me if she could help me book any excursions. I asked her about the excursion, she told me a little bit about it, and booked it for me. It's not listed in "excursions" part of website. It's on-board activities (adventures?) or something like that.

And I also thought this was something that had to be booked on-board, so I was pleasantly surprised.

We're really excited. We love watching those "behind the scenes" cruise ship shows on Travel Channel. We've seen them all multiple times. :)

Edited by jules815

I had no idea that the tour was that long. tried to sign up the other day but their website wasn't processing credit cards. Tomorrow is another day

I had no idea either. For anyone who's done the tour, is it about that long? (10:00 - 2:00?)

We're really excited. We love watching those "behind the scenes" cruise ship shows on Travel Channel. We've seen them all multiple times. :)

Jules .. then you will absolutely LOVE the tour .. its worth every penny!

And I am so glad you posted this tonight .. u tipped me off that I can book ahead for mine .. thank you !

Yep, it is that long because there is a break for lunch.

We went on the Freedom of the Seas all access tour in October last year. There were only about 15 people and they start by having you order your lunch for the MDR.

LOTS of walking

The areas we saw were:

The theatre and backstage

The ice rink and back stage

The HUGE kitchen and food storage (this is about 1/2 the tour)

The anchor locker

The bridge (and a greeting from the captain with an explanation of the area by him and the first mate)

The engine control room

The crew quarters and living area

At the end we went to the Champagne Bar and were given a glass of champagne.

It was well worth the money, plus we paid extra and got a deal that for 180 we got dinner in Portofino and Chops.

Did it on Allure 2 weeks ago and it was fantastic. Ours was the last sea day from 9:20 to about 1:00 but we had lots of questions. Make sure you have pants and close toed shoes. They don't make exceptions. Capris don't work either, ladies. About 20 people on the tour. Lots of walking so be prepared.

Let me know if you have other questions.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

During our ROS NZ cruise this past March we were in a group of less then 20, yet there were several groups going throughout that time period mentioned. We went around 9:30 and saw a great deal. laudney, Trash, engine control, the Bridge, the crews lounge area etc, very interesting. They will do a security check on you beforehand.

We just did this on FoS last saturday. Ours was from 10:30 till after 3. I had made the reservations on the planner online a few weeks before hand. There were 9 of us on the tour. It was a little too general for me. We saw the bridge and engine control room that I really found interesting as well as the kitchens, but the main focus seemed to be on the ice rink and theater. I didn't love those parts. (The same ice and theater tour could have been done at a land based establishment. It had very little to do with the ship). Next time we sail a smaller ship I plan on doing it again, so we can see some of the more ship relevant things such as the anchor area and crew areas and such. I heard some tours get to see the morgue and brig. That I would have preferred to the ice rink.

We did this on Celebrity Equinox last Feb. Very interesting. We saw the crew quarters, bridge, electronic room, backstage, engine room, plus lots more. We were supposed to go to the helipad but I think it was too windy. Lots of walking, standing, steep narrow steps.

Would do it again!