Name the new P&O Australia ships....

As many of you will know P&O Australia are getting two new cruise ships from Holland America the Statendam and Ryndam.

So I was wondering what do you think the new ships should be named when they come to Australia??

Good morning all, my suggestions....Pacific Sky and Pacific Sun, why not? Rehash the old names of previous P&O Australia ships.

After all Princess has a new Regal.

Edited by NSWP

Good morning all, my suggestions....Pacific Sky and Pacific Sun, why not? Rehash the old names of previous P&O Australia ships.

After all Princess has a new Regal.

Spot on Les. No problems re-using old names that will be easy to sell and readily identifiable as P&O.;)

Spot on Les. No problems re-using old names that will be easy to sell and readily identifiable as P&O.;)

Well, there is a problem that someone who doesn't cruise regularly (as many do) might think 'Er, Pacific Sun, they still have that old ship?!' or 'I sailed on that a few years ago, and wouldn't want to go on it again...'

These will be a substantial step up from those ships.

Well, there is a problem that someone who doesn't cruise regularly (as many do) might think 'Er, Pacific Sun, they still have that old ship?!' or 'I sailed on that a few years ago, and wouldn't want to go on it again...'

Or I loved sailing on the Pacific Sun, it would be wonderful to sail on her again.:)

Or realizing it is a second Pacific Sun would still be inclined to sail on her just because I liked the original and want to compare them.

Edited by sun-set

Well then, Pacific Sky II and Pacific Sun II. Love it, think I will Email Carnival Australia CEO Anne Sherry with my suggestion, might get a free cruise, LOL.

Edited by NSWP

Maybe they could have a competition, like Tui Cruises, with their two new old ships from Celebrity. The winner was Mein Schiff (My ship) 1 and 2 (and now 3 new build).

Rightly or wrongly, I don't look at "Pacific" anything!

Well then, Pacific Sky II and Pacific Sun II. Love it, think I will Email Carnival Australia CEO Anne Sherry with my suggestion, might get a free cruise, LOL.

I think you're on the money there Les

There is precedence (think QE2...although I am not categorising here)

So if Annie was to give you a free cruise on one of these "new" ships, would you take it? I fancy you are bit like me and a few others...any ship with "Pacific" in its name is a no no. :eek:

cheers... and good to see you around after your marathon time away :)

I think you're on the money there Les

There is precedence (think QE2...although I am not categorising here)

So if Annie was to give you a free cruise on one of these "new" ships, would you take it? I fancy you are bit like me and a few others...any ship with "Pacific" in its name is a no no. :eek:

cheers... and good to see you around after your marathon time away :)

Cheers Flipper, good to hear from you. Wise words, not forgetting QM2. ! Go the Blues !! and the Bulls !!

True I am a little adverse to P&O OZ, now P&O UK, different story, equal to Princess.

Edited by NSWP

Hello Folks

Lets get rid of the "Pacific" and return to better things perhaps

Oronsay , Orsova, Otranto , Strathmore , Strathallan, Stratheden.

Cathay, .... or god preserve us Canberra....... Or lets steal from the distant past and call the twins Northern Star and Southern Cross .. nice names for such ships

regards

John

Bring back POSH to P&O !!!

Edited by VK3DQ

Hi Well P&O why not

SS Sir Les Patterson or for Queenslanders Why not call the ships Sir Joh and Lady Flo

I can never see SS Jeff Kennet making the grade

But please no more "Brand Names" Pacific Poison would be too had to swollow

Oh Darn i forgot if based in Queensland the ships would have to be XXXX 1 and XXXX 2

:p

John

I would like to see new names rather than old ones rehashed or given a suffix.

Perhaps something slightly different like Pacific Dream or Pacific Ecstasy or in that type of fashion.:D

Hi MicCanberra

Dont you think that a change perhaps would be a good thing something to upgrade P&O Oz's image in the marketplace , the "pacific" ship carry a certain stigma and are percieved to be "downmarket"

Regards

John

Oh dear my posts are stuck on 310 :-)

Edited by VK3DQ

I would like to see new names rather than old ones rehashed or given a suffix.

Perhaps something slightly different like Pacific Dream or Pacific Ecstasy or in that type of fashion.:D

A rose by any other name............

Hehe. Or could do like Apple and call it the "New Pacific Sun" ;)

Don't know if it can be used as it was the name of a famous racing yacht, but I do like "Brindabella". :confused:

It has a certain female tone, fitting in with ships being female.

A downer is the meaning: "two kangaroo rats".:eek:

Don't know if it can be used as it was the name of a famous racing yacht, but I do like "Brindabella". :confused:

It has a certain female tone, fitting in with ships being female.

A downer is the meaning: "two kangaroo rats".:eek:

In that case, they could be named "Brindabella 1" and "Brindabella 2". Has a nice ring about it!

I could imagine telling someone I was cruising on "Brindabella 1", then waiting to see the look on their face, when I told them what it meant! :)