Slow Sea Princess

Even the consultants at Princess found it very hard to tell the customers that the changes were not major as they had to take the company stand. This stand was a canned response from Head Office America. Why doesn't someone in Australia have the authority to make a call on something like this. When it suits Princess to be an "Australian" company i.e. not offering us the conditions / prices offered to American passengers they take that road, but then in this case they were only following orders from their "American Head Office".

The modern world - cost control is a big issue.

BTW, I am pretty confident that the restrictions on conditions aren't an Australian innovation, but something supported by the US head office as well. ;)

You had more luck then I did. I posted on Facebook and several people joined in but it didn't have any results that I know of.

I have a question since you live in Brisbane. For round trip transportation (airport to port) would you recommend Con-X-ion?

Anyone who has any experience can provide info. I am about ready to reserve it and thought I would ask CC members their opinions.

I recommend you just catch a taxi, if you are cruising from Portside. Just ask the taxi dispatcher for a taxi with room for luggage. If you are cruising from the Grain Terminal, on the other side of the river from the airport, you may need to compare prices.

Princess is being very short sighted by not being truthful and not giving Aussies a fair go with regard to being able to cancel cruises, such as this one, without penalty.

It really is a small world, as I have told all my American friends about this case and recommended they take this into account when considering a Princess cruise from Australia

i recommend you just catch a taxi, if you are cruising from portside. Just ask the taxi dispatcher for a taxi with room for luggage. If you are cruising from the grain terminal, on the other side of the river from the airport, you may need to compare prices.

thank you very much

I was not "offered" the choice either - I requested it and did not take no for an answer - kept contacting them - even when they said they would ring me and didn't, posted on their Facebook site that I hadn't received a promised phone call and within minutes of me putting this on facebook I got a phone call. I asked the consultant if this was as a result of my posting on facebook and she said it was.

Even the consultants at Princess found it very hard to tell the customers that the changes were not major as they had to take the company stand. This stand was a canned response from Head Office America. Why doesn't someone in Australia have the authority to make a call on something like this. When it suits Princess to be an "Australian" company i.e. not offering us the conditions / prices offered to American passengers they take that road, but then in this case they were only following orders from their "American Head Office".

I guess the moral to this story is - don't take the first "no" as an answer - stand your ground when you feel you are right or have a valid case.

However I guess Princess are getting the last laugh at the moment as they still have my money even though they say a cheque was processed on 30/07/14.

Good on you. I have gone the FB route when I keep getting stuffed around or no for a answer. This wasn't Princess, but it was a TA and walloa it was all sorted within 30 minutes of the FB posting. Social media can be a really good tool to sort out stuff. Cause your informing not only that particular company but a wide number of readers that there is a problem.

Good on you. I have gone the FB route when I keep getting stuffed around or no for a answer. This wasn't Princess, but it was a TA and walloa it was all sorted within 30 minutes of the FB posting. Social media can be a really good tool to sort out stuff. Cause your informing not only that particular company but a wide number of readers that there is a problem.

The media and social media can be useful but I really do not understand why companies allow situations to escalate to that level. Surely they must see what is ruining their business and their reputation.

The media and social media can be useful but I really do not understand why companies allow situations to escalate to that level. Surely they must see what is ruining their business and their reputation.

It's a case of one voice can't do damage unless that one voice joins a choir.

It's a case of one voice can't do damage unless that one voice joins a choir.

It is stupid for any business to lose the customers they already have, as it is much easier to keep an existing customer coming back than to get news ones. So when they only do something when it may lose more than the customers affected, is just puzzling.

Edited by MicCanberra

I think Princess misjudges their Aussie customers.

We mightn't make as much fuss as some of their other customers, but when we don't receive a fair go we spread the word.

"Goodwill" is priceless!

Edited by MMDown Under

I think Princess misjudges their Aussie customers.

We mightn't make as much fuss as some of their other customers, but when we don't receive a fair go we spread the word.

"Goodwill" is priceless!

Maybe even takes them for granted. And yes I think they mistake our relaxed behaviour and assume we either don't understand or don't make a fuss. But Aussies are all about "fair go".

It is stupid for any business to lose the customers they already have, as it is much easier to keep an existing customer coming back than to get news ones. So when they only do something when it may lose more than the customers affected, is just puzzling.

I truly agree with you regarding the very poor PR that Princess is demonstrating. However, I have a feeling it is not affecting their bottom line... It would be very interesting to truly know.

I truly agree with you regarding the very poor PR that Princess is demonstrating. However, I have a feeling it is not affecting their bottom line... It would be very interesting to truly know.

It may not affect the bottom line now but it may in the future. For now people that are booked cannot cancel their cruise without penalty but for their next cruises they may choose another line or just wait until the price is best for them when the ship's vacancy rate is driving the price down. People don't like to taken for granted, and once bitten, twice shy.

Edited by MicCanberra

I guarantee that it wont effect their bottom line. Princess will continue to do what they do best. There is good and bad in EVERY cruise company.

If you don't want to cruise with Princess, move on.

The loyal will stay and others will continue to sail with them because most of the time they are a great cruise line.

If you think that Princess will change their ways because of what you write on here or even social media, you are sadly mistaken.

I guarantee that it wont effect their bottom line. Princess will continue to do what they do best. There is good and bad in EVERY cruise company.

If you don't want to cruise with Princess, move on.

The loyal will stay and others will continue to sail with them because most of the time they are a great cruise line.

If you think that Princess will change their ways because of what you write on here or even social media, you are sadly mistaken.

They might not change their ways, however, they will and have done as illustrated above by another poster dealt with the issue after the poster used social media. So, social media does bring about results!

I still want to cruise with Princess, however, I wouldn't like to have been treated like some people have with the only going issues (which Princess knew about) that the Sea Princess is suffering.

Edited by icat2000

We are regular Princess cruises and have up coming cruises on Dawn, Diamond and Golden. However, we will not be sailing on Sea Princess until they fix the propulsion problems.

If the planned dry dock in Oct 15 is when this issue is resolved, Heaven help those on the round the world trip next year.:mad:

Heaven help those on the round the world trip next year.:mad:

The sad thing is that most people won't be aware of any problem until they board the ship, :( unless they find their way here beforehand. ;)

Someone mentioned, earlier in this thread, that the ship will be in Singapore for three days on one cruise this month, and someone else mentioned a rumour (on another thread I think) that a part was going to be replace during a stop in Singapore but they hadn't heard when. Hopefully it's that stop.

We are regular Princess cruises and have up coming cruises on Dawn, Diamond and Golden. However, we will not be sailing on Sea Princess until they fix the propulsion problems.

If the planned dry dock in Oct 15 is when this issue is resolved, Heaven help those on the round the world trip next year.:mad:

I hear you. I wouldn't mind tackling the 35 day South Pacific cruise in April 2016 however its the Sea Princess. No way will I commit until I am satisfied its not going to be putt putt around the South Pacific on a dodgy engine. Who knows what itineraries Princess release in March 2015 maybe there will be a similar one in July like in 2015 that not on the Sea Princess.

Our first & only cruise was with the sea Prinny. Would sail w her in heartbeat again, especially outta Brisvegas ;). However, knowing her engine issues, I'll go elsewhere. I will not book her whilst they are dodging about! I know someone else who was booked on her, & have warned them off due to the engine issues.

At my work there is 1x avid cruiser, & a few others that have cruised etc and will eventually again. My point is they are now all aware of princess's dodgy deals with the sea princess and are looking at X, RCI etc as alternatives. These people may not ever try princess. If they find another brand they like better & stay w their loyalty schemes no chance for Princess. They are losing future cruisers. How many, who knows. :cool: If they are happy to risk that, good luck to them!

BTW. None of these peeps had heard of CC before!

Our first & only cruise was with the sea Prinny. Would sail w her in heartbeat again, especially outta Brisvegas ;). However, knowing her engine issues, I'll go elsewhere. I will not book her whilst they are dodging about! I know someone else who was booked on her, & have warned them off due to the engine issues.

At my work there is 1x avid cruiser, & a few others that have cruised etc and will eventually again. My point is they are now all aware of princess's dodgy deals with the sea princess and are looking at X, RCI etc as alternatives. These people may not ever try princess. If they find another brand they like better & stay w their loyalty schemes no chance for Princess. They are losing future cruisers. How many, who knows. :cool: If they are happy to risk that, good luck to them!

BTW. None of these peeps had heard of CC before!

Word of mouth, especially on social media, is a fast way for a company to get a bad name and for potential cruises to look elsewhere. ;)

Look what happened to P&O's reputation after a certain court case.

Word of mouth, especially on social media, is a fast way for a company to get a bad name and for potential cruises to look elsewhere. ;)

Look what happened to P&O's reputation after a certain court case.

We are still hesitant to sail based on that death and subsequent investigation. :mad:

We are still hesitant to sail based on that death and subsequent investigation. :mad:

I recently sailed on P&O (and luckily I didn't die), I had a great time the service and food was above expectations, and as such I will sail P&O in the future but only if the price and itinerary is right, otherwise other lines will get my custom.:D