Slow Sea Princess

Really poor from Princess Australia. Not in terms of giving a refunds or whatever to this cruise but the fact they know this ship has been limping around for months and they been using bandaid solutions to keep it running instead of cancelling cruises when the problems first started and get it sorted out for once and for all.

I would imagine it would not be everyone and would definitely not applicable for all cruises. Perhaps more a case of those who complain loudest and longest getting what they want, (the squeaky wheels).

Seems like that first time poster might have had some inside info or a lucky guess :D

Really poor from Princess Australia. Not in terms of giving a refunds or whatever to this cruise but the fact they know this ship has been limping around for months and they been using bandaid solutions to keep it running instead of cancelling cruises when the problems first started and get it sorted out for once and for all.

That's true but I guess they had to weigh up people unhappy about missing a port or two, or a whole cruise cancelled.

As it turns out they get both.

That's true but I guess they had to weigh up people unhappy about missing a port or two, or a whole cruise cancelled.

As it turns out they get both.

I wonder how many cruises they will cancel. I would be nervous if I was the next after this sailing.

I am on the next cruise after this and I am nervous. But will see how it goes. All we can so is make the most of it!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

MrsF. Can u please keep us posted if you receive any internal info! Would hate for Wow to get one up on us! :p :D :cool: plus I would like to know, have friends sailing on it soon. :)

Why only first time posters. I've seen some rubbish here claimed as fact from people in the 1000's of posts.

I didn't say "only."

As above, there are some 'first-timers' who just set to cause trouble with a thread.

And by the way, just because it is the first post for that name, it doesn't actually mean it's not a ghost account for a user with "1000's of posts"...

It was just reported the Sea Princess has just cancelled it's northern Australia cruise from Fremantle.

The old story of their actions coming back to bite them.

Now they _have_ to pay refunds, lose the sailing, AND are giving full credit as compensation. And probably still have managed to increase their passenger dissatisfaction.

It's tough for those passengers booked though.

Fremantle Ports now has the SP not leaving Fremantle until 6.00PM tomorrow night (Monday) heading to Geraldton.

At least this gives them another full day to apply more Band aids to the old girl.

Finger crossed for the next cruise.

I am on the next cruise after this and I am nervous. But will see how it goes. All we can so is make the most of it!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are on the October 13th cruise out of Brisbane...and we are a bit nervous. We already had Princess cancel our original cruise...Sun Princess that we booked for October 17th. I don't know why or what happened but it was cancelled out of Sydney. It was very frustrating to have to revamp all our plans....however, we are coming from the US and our flights were already prepaid and non-refundable. Princess stated there was noting they could do about our flights so we booked the Sea Princess.

Edited by ONCRUISEMODE

MrsF. Can u please keep us posted if you receive any internal info! Would hate for Wow to get one up on us! :p :D :cool: plus I would like to know, have friends sailing on it soon. :)

We received notification today that it is unknown how long repairs will take, and they are unsure when sea princess will sail again. We have been advised this will likely affect future c424 voyages.

Edited by LuckiePuris

The future of.....c424 ..... Means what.....?.:confused::confused::confused:

C424 is cruise scheduled to depart Brisbane for NZ on 29/9 - 13/10.

I hope your cruise scheduled to depart Brisbane on 13/10 goes ahead as you've had enough bad luck already with Princess cancelling your first choice cruise.

C424 is cruise scheduled to depart Brisbane for NZ on 29/9 - 13/10.

I hope your cruise scheduled to depart Brisbane on 13/10 goes ahead as you've had enough bad luck already with Princess cancelling your first choice cruise.

Thank you...we are just waiting and hoping..and beginning to think "again" about alternative choices.

You are most kind.

Edited by ONCRUISEMODE

Oh no a first time poster got it right. Should I say sorry?

No I don't work for Carnival but I do work in the travel industry so I weighed into an area I know just a little about. Seemed to me that Princess was getting a bad rap from some that didn't have all the facts. Happy to clear that up for you

Have a nice cruise, cruisers

The comments were accurate at the time of posting. So they were facts. When the post was made that refunds were being made then there were no publically available facts so that post was queried as to accuracy. It took a couple of days for the information to be made on Facebook by Princess. Until that occurred then none of us would rightly consider it fact. Where's the issue?

I did notice you prefaced your post with "do now you all know". Clearly none of us did through our subsequent posts. In fact, you were the only one who seems to have known.

I'm a Carnival shareholder btw, as are several of us here.

Edited by Pushka

Yes, should have happened months ago. Terrible for the passengers to miss their cruise completely but at least it should be fixed properly now. Hopefully.

Edited by MicCanberra