Recent experience with concierge class rooms anyone.

Montana

Hi, not sure what information you are looking for, but we recently had one on the Eclipse. I was really impressed with the room, it was light and airy with plenty of storage & hanging space with plenty of room to walk around and suitcases fitted under the bed. The bathroom was really nice with a decent sized shower, more storage space and plenty of room to get dry after the shower. I personally would have liked more plugs with all the different stuff DH brings each with it's own charger but we managed. we didn't like the afternoon canapes, but that's personal choice and whether you like what's on offer, too many olives for us. Bed was really comfy and we slept well every night. Liked it so much we've just booked another one for next year.

We just stayed in a C2 and liked it. We had a larger balcony which was nice for the three of us in the cabin. The thicker bath towels were a plus but I really didn't think the supposed upgraded shower head was that great. We liked the thicker bathrobes that come with the Concierge class.

The afternoon canapés were good but nothing special. What did come in handy was the golf umbrella as I'm not sure regular balcony cabins have those. We were in Alaska with a few rainy days so I'm glad we had it along with the small fold up umbrella.

We did get extra Captains Club points which now put us into the Elite status . Keep in mind we only paid a total of $40 over what a 1A would have cost us so I say it was worth it. Plus, the location on the hump was nice.

If it doesn't cost much more than a regular balcony cabin I would do it.

Had concierge on the Century earlier this month. Perks aren't all that valuable, but the extra captains club points are. We waited until two weeks before departure to upgrade from a inside cat 7 to a C2 for $120pp. I thought that was worth the points alone.

Avalon Scenery Burgundy and Provence-June 2010

Celebrity Infinity Alaska-May 2012

Celebrity Century Pacific Wine-Sept 2012

Celebrity Millennium N Alaska-July 2013

Celebrity Century Pacific Coastal-May 2014

Celebrity Millennium Malaysia and Indonesia-Nov 2014

Celebrity Infinity Panama Canal September 2015

Thinking of booking this class on Solstice. Any advice?

Really not a lot of difference between CC and regular veranda cabins on the S class ships. Most of the Concierge perks are really superficial or available to anyone on the ship. If the price is close a real difference is between veranda and Aqua Class because you get all CC perks and ability to eat in Blu.

We were in a C2 deck nine on the Reflection last yr, only reason was the extra CC point before the conversion. We are in a 1A deck 8 this year. Both cabins are the same 194 sq ft.

You can also look and read the S-Class cabin stickie at the top of the page for reviews of most cabins.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?key=0AtHczoNeooladEEyVmQwWmJhaGItbFZPUFNudTFZcEE

Edited by wallie5446

Hi, not sure what information you are looking for, but we recently had one on the Eclipse. I was really impressed with the room, it was light and airy with plenty of storage & hanging space with plenty of room to walk around and suitcases fitted under the bed. The bathroom was really nice with a decent sized shower, more storage space and plenty of room to get dry after the shower. I personally would have liked more plugs with all the different stuff DH brings each with it's own charger but we managed. we didn't like the afternoon canapes, but that's personal choice and whether you like what's on offer, too many olives for us. Bed was really comfy and we slept well every night. Liked it so much we've just booked another one for next year.

we got our room attendant to change the Canapes to shrimp cocktails - stuffed mushroom and on a couple of occasions goat cheese suffles - just have to ask and it will be done

Since you are looking at Eclipse, may I recommend a standard balcony room in a good location? I really LOVE the 1B's on the flat part of the hump, so close to the mid-ship elevators and with great views fore and aft.

The 1A's have larger balconies, 2x to 3x as deep. Many people love the extra space. I personally think they make the room too dark, and you can only see forward OR aft, but to each his own.

Being at the mid-ship elevators IMO is such a great location, so easy to get to, I am constantly forgetting something and love having the convenience.

The CC amenities really aren't worth a hill of beans in real life--they sound good but the reality is disappointing. On M class, however, I prefer CC since they are 15% larger and you can feel the difference. On S class, until you get to suites, all the cabins are identical.

We weren't sure it would be worth it either after reading all the posts. We really liked all the little extras but where it really paid off was embarkation. We arrived late thinking we would miss the crowds. Turns out there was a huge problem in Seattle and the lines were really backed up. It was our first cruise so we just got in line outside behind literally hundreds of people. It occurred to me to go up front and check to see if we were in the right line. We ended up being ushered past most passengers and saved waiting in line a good two hours. Yes, we felt guilty but were very glad we spent a little extra.

Thinking of booking this class on Solstice. Any advice?

I agree with everybody. Extra cost make no sense, perks are worthless...

Edited by cruza

We book Concierge class or Aqua class. I really like the C2 cabins on deck 12 of the S-class ships. the location alone is with the money. Walk right out to the pool or up one floor to the food. Aqua class has a nicer shower.

We'll be in c2 for the first time on our next cruise. I booked on board and I believe there might have been an extra on board credit for the class? And a free upgrade. And when I got back I transferred to a travel agency with a group and got even better pricing. Plus the beverage package that had a really good value at the time. I thought I had read that fruit would be included daily in the cabin. Did I make that up? Does anyone have pics of the fruit if it's for real? We stopped in Jamaica at a fruit cart and I thought I had died and gone to heaven when I sampled all the fresh tropical fruit. Thanks for any information!

Bev

We've done CC twice and would not do it again. The first time was because it seemed interesting and the cruise price had dropped (it was not past final payment). I didn't think the room perks were all that useful but we did have one of the bump balconies so that was nice. The second time was this past February and I decided to spend the extra $150pp because I wanted the extra points to get to Elite for our next cruise. Once again, not really worth it (at least the first time they brought afternoon snacks even if you forgot to fill out the form, not now), and even worse, our cabin on Silhouette was right underneath the buffet and I was woken up every morning by carts rolling around overhead. Oh, and neither time have we seen the alleged pillow menu.

On our cruise next week we're in Aqua because I was able to upgrade for only $80pp and I've wanted to eat at Blu for a long time.

We'll be in c2 for the first time on our next cruise. I booked on board and I believe there might have been an extra on board credit for the class? And a free upgrade. And when I got back I transferred to a travel agency with a group and got even better pricing. Plus the beverage package that had a really good value at the time. I thought I had read that fruit would be included daily in the cabin. Did I make that up? Does anyone have pics of the fruit if it's for real? We stopped in Jamaica at a fruit cart and I thought I had died and gone to heaven when I sampled all the fresh tropical fruit. Thanks for any information!

Bev

Don't get too excited. You'll likely get an orange, an apple and a banana. Sometimes a kiwi. It's easier to go to the buffet where they always have platters of cut fruit including pineapple and watermelon. Before we were enlightened and spent $$$ on CC, we never ate the fruit in the cabin!

I have done concierge class before and I must admit the only reason we booked it for our upcoming cruise is because I really wanted to have our cabin right next to the center elevators on deck 10 on the silhouette due to the fact that my girlfriend has a lot of trouble walking, and they are in the adjoining cabin. I would've preferred to not spend the extra money but this was a major consideration because the only other available adjoining veranda cabins were way in the back of the ship.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I like the idea of Shrimp cocktails instead of snacks !

Im in Rome now spending a few days before we depart on Monday on the Reflection.

Booked 1118 C2, will see how it goes.

Blue skies this morning even though the forecast is for rain.

Cheers....

Just off the Solstice this morning and we had a C3 CC cabin. Have had 2 verandahs with Celebrity before this and this was our 1st time in a CC cabin. We loved the port side aft location and our room steward was top notch. Embarkation took all of 10 minutes, at 11 am, and that was a very nice perk. We reserved this cabin/cabin class because it cost less than our usual category and it was something different.

We would not reserve this category again unless the price was less than our usual category as it was this time. Here's why- we could've done without the same 3 green apples "fresh fruit" all week in our room, fresh flowers are no more and I was looking forward to them, upgraded toiletries are no big deal, didn't notice that the towels were more plush, never use the robes, afternoon canape delivery was almost like an appointment as you needed to be there for delivery so although the olives, hummus and homemade pita chips were great...I could do without the commitment of being there for delivery.

I would only suggest reserving this class cabin if there is a true benefit for you. JMO

We book Concierge class or Aqua class. I really like the C2 cabins on deck 12 of the S-class ships. the location alone is with the money. Walk right out to the pool or up one floor to the food. Aqua class has a nicer shower.

I guess you're a heavy sleeper (or early riser) or have never had a cabin underneath the buffet where carts come rolling out.

We upgraded from a 2c to CC last year on Reflection. The upgrade was only £10 for both of us & we had a cabin at the back with larger balcony.

On arrival at Civitiveccia we were invited to a check in line within minutes & were on the ship within 10 mins of arrival....plus extra points, that was well worth it for us!

The extra large towels were great however our room steward was hit & miss replenishing them. The welcome wine & canapés/fruit were ok but I wouldn't spend tons extra for the upgrade for these items alone.

:)FG

In my view, the only ships on which it pays to sail in concierge class are the M class ships. You get a bigger cabin. The rest is just window dressing.

What about C.C class on Century, are they larger cabins?

Edited by upwarduk

I have only stayed in concierge so I don't really know if there is a difference in that and a normal balcony, we picked it because of the location mainly

The reasons I like it,

Bigger towels, any smaller and they would be way too small ( I have no idea how they compare to the regular towels )

Pillow menu ( not sure of you can choose your pillow in regular balcony)

Lovely bed ( not sure if the mattresses are better in concierge)

2 umbrella, handy if it rains

The things I can do without,

Any bathrobe will do I guess but I have no idea of the difference

Sparkling wine, didn't drink it as had a package

Fruit, same fruit all week not changed as didn't eat it

Flowers, one stem not changed

Tote bag, handy but I had my own

Card holder, handy but not necessary

Canapés, cancelled on first day

Binoculars, not very good ones

Unless there was not much difference In price then I would go for standard balcony if the location was good

Can someone please tell me if there is a difference in the mattress on the beds in a standard balcony, also can you ask to have a feather pillow ?