Can you get more Crown and Anchor points?

Hi,

My other half has been on three cruises, as a teen, with his family and now that we're going on cruises together he's one crown and anchor level higher than me.

Are there special offers out there to get more crown and anchor points or to get bonus points?

Does it really make a difference if you're not both on the same level?

Thanks!

Hi,

My other half has been on three cruises, as a teen, with his family and now that we're going on cruises together he's one crown and anchor level higher than me.

Are there special offers out there to get more crown and anchor points or to get bonus points?

Thanks!

You get extra points for cruising in suites!!!! Take a long cruise in a suite.

If you get married you will share the highest level achieved.

If your "other half" is diamond they will have access to the diamond lounge and you will not be included. But sometimes the concierge will let you. That is the only benefit that will make a difference in the feel of the cruise.

Edited by dasi11

Hi,

Thanks!

If you are married or can show residence at the same address travelling together you will share in the highest level earned - your points will be adjusted to reflect his.

There is no way to purchase extra points. There also have not been any promos recently awarding extra points per night sailed and if there were, he would earn them as well when you sail together. But as indicated with your shared status, this becomes moot.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

If you are married or can show residence at the same address travelling together you will share in the highest level earned - your points will be adjusted to reflect his.

There is no way to purchase extra points. There also have not been any promos recently awarding extra points per night sailed and if there were, he would earn them as well when you sail together. But as indicated with your shared status, this becomes moot.

Thanks for the info.

Love those little ship graphics. I'm going on Adventure next year, so excited!

Just have to have same mailing address to get matched tier level, do not need to be married. He can link your two accounts together and you get the benefits of his current tier level.

It would still be a big commitment. ;) :D

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hehehe, very true indeed!

Just keep in mind that unmarried, should your status change and you are no longer SO's and your residency together cannot be confirmed for cruising, your status will revert to those points actually earned by you within your individual C & A account.

So I have to marry him and divorce him to keep the points? lol

Small price to pay! :D

Regarding the ship tickers, click on the link in the upper right corner of any of my ship tickers (or just enter the website) and it will take you to the website that generates those tickers. There is a free registration to use it but nothing further results from registering. It is self explanatory and easy to use.

Small price to pay! :D

OK, Vegas wedding and quickie divorce here I come ;-)

Regarding the ship tickers, click on the link in the upper right corner of any of my ship tickers (or just enter the website) and it will take you to the website that generates those tickers. There is a free registration to use it but nothing further results from registering. It is self explanatory and easy to use.

I'll definitely look into that, thanks! :-)

not accurate.. you will not get any 'free' points. you will however be bumped up to the higher level status with the same number of points you have.

not accurate.. you will not get any 'free' points. you will however be bumped up to the higher level status with the same number of points you have.

I just logged into my wifes account. She has the same number of points I do (93) despite having only sailed 20 nights. Maybe I am not understanding your statement clearly?

Correct - I should have said "status" not "points", which was indicated with my comments on point status should they no longer be SO's.

Yes, YOUR comment is not an accurate statement. The C&A site DOES list the higher point count (like LMaxwell I have confirmed this by looking at our linked accounts).

I believe that C&A does still keep a second count with points that are actually earned (versus the higher point count from the linked account), but this is not shown on your C&A webpage. In the event that the accounts are unlinked, I think that your status will remain the same, but with the point count reverting to the actual earned points. Statements in this paragraph are my understanding, and are not guaranteed:cool:

Thom

Yes, YOUR comment is not an accurate statement. The C&A site DOES list the higher point count (like LMaxwell I have confirmed this by looking at our linked accounts).

I believe that C&A does still keep a second count with points that are actually earned (versus the higher point count from the linked account), but this is not shown on your C&A webpage. In the event that the accounts are unlinked, I think that your status will remain the same, but with the point count reverting to the actual earned points. Statements in this paragraph are my understanding, and are not guaranteed:cool:

Thom

I believe it is correct for non-married couples - as it the case with the OP. And should they revert to single non cohabitating (unlinked) status, they each retain only their individually earned status. But agree - married couples points match.

Just have to have same mailing address to get matched tier level, do not need to be married. He can link your two accounts together and you get the benefits of his current tier level.

Question: How can I verify that my wife and I have "linked" accounts?

Thanks

Question: How can I verify that my wife and I have "linked" accounts?

Thanks

The easiest way probably would be to call C & A at 800-526-9723 and discuss it with them directly.

Another way to verify that your cruise credits are linked (and correctly accounted for) is to look at each account's cruise history once logged in and compare accrued points.

I believe it is correct for non-married couples - as it the case with the OP. And should they revert to single non cohabitating (unlinked) status, they each retain only their individually earned status. But agree - married couples points match.
My case involves non-married and different last names - and we do have the same (higher of the two) points. The cruise history lists actual cruises taken by each person, and those two lists do not match. RCI C&A does not ask if you are married, just requires the same address. Actually I see nothing to prevent three or more roommates being linked, just as three or more family members can be linked. Can you document loss of status upon unlinking (not saying this incorrect, but in my limited searches I have not found this addressed by RCI).

Thom

The easiest way probably would be to call C & A at 800-526-9723 and discuss it with them directly.

Another way to verify that your cruise credits are linked (and correctly accounted for) is to look at each account's cruise history once logged in and compare accrued points.

I logged in and the points are the same. Does this mean our accounts are linked?

As some of you know, I just called them about getting credit for a cruise my husband took that I didn't. They told me I would get the points for it, however, it just doesn't show up under the list of cruises taken...which makes sense to me.

Just offering my two cents!