Shareholders' OBC

hop2it

Not understanding the process is a pain - trying to work out which to choose in uk is a minefield

OK. Now understand the difference since you are in UK. But no matter. Once a year is not the norm. Perhaps you can contact Marilyn's broker See above post.

Thanks for all your replies - we have t decided on a broker yet

I you are former military (or current:D) try USAA. Very easy, the rep will walk you through the process. The first 10 or so trades are FREE and the rep even offered to send the statement to Princess for me.

Great service.

OOPs! Just saw you are in the UK. Too bad, no USAA for you.

Edited by JF - retired RRT

I you are former military (or current:D) try USAA. Very easy, the rep will walk you through the process. The first 10 or so trades are FREE and the rep even offered to send the statement to Princess for me.

Great service.

OOPs! Just saw you are in the UK. Too bad, no USAA for you.

Wow, I did not know that about USAA and I am a member! Thank you.

Wow, I did not know that about USAA and I am a member! Thank you.

Are you aware the active and veteran military are eligible for an OBC every time they sail with Princess. Amount is $50 to $250 depending on length of cruise. Same scale as the Shareholder benefit

Not understanding the process is a pain - trying to work out which to choose in uk is a minefield

Try buying certificated shares. Then you are listed on Carnivals share owner register and it makes it easy to claim your OBC. Here in the UK you just email your request and the credit is given.

Mmm! This is what you do with P&O but it might be different with Princess, don't know why as they share the same building.

Wonder why they won't accept email requests in the USA?

I have just sold my 'online' shares as the broker is closing down and have just purchased again from that company for the over 55's.

For any UK cruisers sailing with Princess just e-mail Sean Sturgess at benefits@princesscruises with your shareholder information and he will sort your shreholder OBC benefit no problems.

Edited by majortom10

Maybe these may help you which includes the UK:

http://phx.corporate-ir.net/External.File?item=UGFyZW50SUQ9MTc1NDY5fENoaWxkSUQ9LTF8VHlwZT0z&t=1

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=317604&d=1403910758

PRINCESS CRUISES (UK)* Princess Reservations Carnival UK

Carnival House

100 Harbour Parade Southampton

SO15 1ST

United Kingdom

Tel 44 0 843 373 0333

Fax 44 0 238 065 7509

So you don't have to fill in the form?

The form is not required but Princess produced it to explain the process & to answer our SOBC questions for those in the US, Canada and UK.

Edited by Astro Flyer

Unfortunately as I'm still a spring chicken the "over 55" company won't broker for men...actually they'll help at 50 but I'm still short of that! Think I've found a solution though - thanks everyone

We bought last week and my husband phoned the stockbroker we bought through with our cruise details and they contacted Princess on our behalf. This morning he phoned back to say it was accepted and yes, it is on our cruise personaliser. Simple. Saved filling in a form and finding a fax machine. We were going to send a copy of the buying deal as we didn't have the other items that Princess asks you to send on the form. This was easier.

Thanks Marilyn - that was worrying me...the broker I have found said they would do this bit I was a bit sceptical

So you don't have to fill in the form?

You dont fill any forms in if you are in the UK just send an e-mail to address given previously with details of your Carnival shares and they will automatically add them to your OBC account. This has always been the way for P&O cruises and its a new way for UK cruisers to do there shareholder benefit with Princess. I did it recently for my cruise in September on Emerald Princess and I received an e-mail within 48 hrs confirming it and it was on my cruise personaliser.

WE are taking a few of the coastals on the Golden this Fall. I felt it was best to submit each cruise with separate form. Started on Tuesday with first cruise (October 13th). When it had not been entered by Thursday, I decided that maybe I had the form in fax upside down and all Princess got was a blank sheet :o. I sent it again along with the next cruise (October 17?) Within minutes, I checked and both were in booking BUT first cruise showed $100 credit (should have been 50). Sent in the next cruise (Oct 21) and checked-within an hour it was listed Here comes the bump; Credit for the first cruise had been removed-Not changed back to $50 as it needs to be-just removed. As of this moment, shareholder OBC is in for 2nd and 3rd cruises but still not for the first.:confused:. I plan on doing it all again on Monday as I don't know if they would be working today.

You dont fill any forms in if you are in the UK just send an e-mail to address given previously with details of your Carnival shares and they will automatically add them to your OBC account. This has always been the way for P&O cruises and its a new way for UK cruisers to do there shareholder benefit with Princess. I did it recently for my cruise in September on Emerald Princess and I received an e-mail within 48 hrs confirming it and it was on my cruise personaliser.

Thank you. I think my husband was getting a bit annoyed with thinking he needed a statement and also a fax so got in touch with the broker. At least we have the credit whichever way. Should pay for some coffees anyway:)

Maybe it's deeply discounted rates such as those employees can get for family members?

Last January when Princess was having problems selling their short four-day cruises they created a special program giving 100% of the rate paid as a future cruise credit. It doesn't get any cheaper than that and we still got our shareholder OBC & other types that we qualify to receive & they're all combinable.

Right! That's what I was thinking!

We always get a great deal from our TA and we have always been able to use our shareholder credit!

;)

I have collected over 45 times the OBC..

Just curious....If you travel and are out of the country about half the year, do you live in a house the rest of the time? I think I might use our RV and travel the states when I'm not cruising! LOL!

Sounds like you have a very blessed life! :)

Me too, Bernadette. Great quick service.

Just bought the stock a little over a year ago and so far have collected $400 OBC as well as dividends and the stock has gone up.

Yup! We have as well!

I sent two requests to Booking Support this morning to obtain Shareholder Credit. In less than one hour each had already been posted to my account. You really can't get service any better than this. A big Thank You to Booking Support at Princess for a job well done!:):):):)

Previously any OBC we had received from our TA, was not displayed on the Personalizer....always made me nervous! LOL!

I think it's great that they now display it! :D

Three Questions about this shareholders thing.

1-- How much are the shares.

2-- How many shares do you need to start getting share holders OBC.

3-- Do me and my wife need to have shares individually or can one of us have them and get the OBC's applied to both people.

Go Princess Cruiser's !!fb

1-- How much are the shares. Currently $36.68

2-- How many shares do you need to start getting share holders OBC. 100

3-- Do me and my wife need to have shares individually or can one of us have them and get the OBC's applied to both people. We jointly own our shares.

Here's a form with info on the procedure to request shareholder credit if you purchase the required number of shares. Even if you each purchase 100 shares the OBC is only per cabin and thus you'd have to be booked in separate cabins for each of you receive SOBC.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=317604&d=1403910758

Edited by Astro Flyer

1-- How much are the shares.

2-- How many shares do you need to start getting share holders OBC.

3-- Do me and my wife need to have shares individually or can one of us have them and get the OBC's applied to both people.

Just to be clear it is only one shareholder OBC per cabin even if you owned 200 shares.

Just to be clear it is only one shareholder OBC per cabin even if you owned 200 shares.

Correct. One per cabin. I've owned more than 200 shares for 15 years, but still only one OBC per cabin. BTW, they have never increased the amount since they starting doing this in 2001.

Correct. One per cabin. I've owned more than 200 shares for 15 years, but still only one OBC per cabin. BTW, they have never increased the amount since they starting doing this in 2001.

Nor have they decreased it.