1 2 3 exclusions

Minoushka

So i need to understand why Celebrity does not honour its Transat guests with 123 i undestand about the drink package as Im sure being on board for so many seadays would put a serious dent in that budget but what about o BC or gratuities . I would appreciate that

Come on Celebrity stop making us feel unspecial ...

I want benefits too ....give us the tips and OBC ...thats the least you could do

Transatlantics are already crazy cheap and apparently Celebrity doesn't fell they need any incentive to sell them at this point

Agree. Celebrity competes on base/list price on the TAs. It seems like they lower the price until they can sell the cabins. If they offered the 123 promo they might be doing a lot of price adjustments. They did offer TAs on one of the initial 123 Promos, but not in the recent ones.

Of course it would be great if they did. They did offer the New Deployment OBC.

But they have reduced the OBC for booking on board for TAs for the same reasons I would guess.

You can also get credit for owning the shares, if you have no other credits. $250 OBC is not bad if you only paid $499 as some say! If Celebrity had to give the beverage package on fares like that, they'd go broke.

You're an early bird Cruise Junky!

People compare prices across lines on TAs simply as a means of getting from A to B, cheaper than a flight in some cases. If they offered 123 the prices would have to rise and those that still chose X would most likely make full use of the drinks package on those sea days.

Having said that, our Royal TA last year had a drinks package and was our least expensive 14 day cruise so it works for them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think it is because the Transatlantic sailings are already dirt cheap. We booked a 1A on a transatlantic for $990 each (13 night cruise). This was before final payment too when the price dropped even lower.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Forums mobile app

So i need to understand why Celebrity does not honour its Transat guests with 123 i undestand about the drink package as Im sure being on board for so many seadays would put a serious dent in that budget but what about o BC or gratuities . I would appreciate that

Come on Celebrity stop making us feel unspecial ...

I want benefits too ....give us the tips and OBC ...thats the least you could do

Cheap cruise means no enticement. Sorry you feel I entitled. Suck it up and buy the package if that's a concern. Or, don't book. That's my philosophy - if it's right buy it.

I want benefits too ....do

Join us on an 11 day sailing that is double what some of the TA sailings cost and you will get some! Ok, ok, just funning wif ya's. With some times upward of 4-5-600 Elites on a TA, they are already handing out free drink coupons out the wazoo, :D all you need do is get a few more cruises and presto! You got free booze.

Cheap cruise means no enticement. Sorry you feel I entitled. Suck it up and buy the package if that's a concern. Or, don't book. That's my philosophy - if it's right buy it.

Nasty aren.t you !!Next time dont hit the wall when you get up on the wrong side of bed

I.m not after the booze but free tips and OBC ....love to shop

I said I was just funnin wif ya! As the reality is truly the large number of Capt Club previous pax that book on a TA. The marketing dept has crunched the numbers and it is not needed to fill the ships.

Maybe celebrity should charge a flat rate for every cruise say $1,000 and then the cabins are allocated on a first come basis & offer everyone a free premium drinks package & $2,000 OBC per person!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Nasty aren.t you !!Next time dont hit the wall when you get up on the wrong side of bed

Not at all. I get tired of people that expect the world. My philosophy is when I book a cruise, the enticements are right and the price is right so I book. I don't look back and I'm having fun regardless. I don't whine nor do I hit the wall....

Not at all. I get tired of people that expect the world. My philosophy is when I book a cruise, the enticements are right and the price is right so I book. I don't look back and I'm having fun regardless. I don't whine nor do I hit the wall....

Your booking preferences are fine.

They don't justify the exclusions though, which were just sweeping generalisations.

It's simple economics really. I think more to do with the ratio of port to sea days than anything else.

More sea days means more consumption means more cost relative to the free beverages, where port intensive cruises, there is that much less time for consuming the free beverage, and therefore costs are less and make the packages less costly to the line.

More sea days without a free package means a whole lot more chance to generate F&B revenue from the captive audience since they haven't given away the booze for free. It's a chance for the lines to maximize beverage revenues on those 2 annual sailings per ship each year to help subsidize the low-cost competitive Caribbean season sailings.

It's simple economics really. I think more to do with the ratio of port to sea days than anything else.

More sea days means more consumption means more cost relative to the free beverages, where port intensive cruises, there is that much less time for consuming the free beverage, and therefore costs are less and make the packages less costly to the line.

More sea days without a free package means a whole lot more chance to generate F&B revenue from the captive audience since they haven't given away the booze for free. It's a chance for the lines to maximize beverage revenues on those 2 annual sailings per ship each year to help subsidize the low-cost competitive Caribbean season sailings.

I only have three TA's under my belt so far but I think you're exactly right. Plus the fares are generally low on a per day basis. I was offered the 1-2-3 package on a TA a few years ago, but the fare was way more than the Tuesday Special price--so I opted for the super low price. Plus I am worried I would drink too much. I am actually fine with the free bevs during the day and my three drink coupons at night--don't want to drink any more than that anyway! And there's never anything I'm interested in buying--have all the logo junk I need!

I agree totally. That's why I typically do not buy a drink package since I spend a lot of time on islands / beach drinking there. I don't think my liver can handle it.

My DW is a light drinker so my bar tab for a cruise rarely equals $100 a day. I normally buy wine packages and on my last cruise my overall liquor cost was about $65-$70 a day (onboard). We don't feel like we skimp and order what we want and when we want and have never averaged $100 a day.

It's easy to justify but when you look at how many hours you are off the ship, it doesn't make sense in our case. As mentioned, if I was on a TA for days on end, it probably would. Thus, the limited offering. Everything on a ship is a profit center.