Live aboard Reflection off the coast of Turkey

buffetking

Howdy,

About 4 days into the cruise from Rome. Ship is nice, but I don't like it as much as I thought I would. Too much "up-selling" for my taste. Seems most everything is geared toward getting you to buy something. Went on a nice tour of the galley, which ended in the specialty restaurant area...to sell you on making a reservation. Just like a ride in Disneyland ending in the gift shop. I'm in CC class, which I would not recommend paying extra for.

Food is excellent, staff nice.

Cheers....

We just left Reflection on Monday. I agree,, there is a lot of selling, more than we used to find on Celebrity ships. Also, many of the activities now seem to either have a fee (such as Martini Tasting or Spinning Class) or revolve around selling (such as a presentation of the watches for sale.) We were AQ and were not too pleased with Blu, more crowded and the staff seemed overworked and harried. However, crew was about the friendliest we have seen, ship was beautiful, food was very good. Enjoy the rest of your trip.

I was on the Reflection TA last fall in AQ. It was our first time in AQ and able to eat in Blu. In my opinion, it was crowded, extremely slow/poor service and food was marginal. Really disappointing. I had a feeling it was the Reflection Blu and was sorry we hadn't had our first Blu experience on another ship. Would never even consider AQ again. Actually, it was my least favorite Celebrity ship and will avoid it.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We just left Reflection on Monday. I agree,, there is a lot of selling, more than we used to find on Celebrity ships. Also, many of the activities now seem to either have a fee (such as Martini Tasting or Spinning Class) or revolve around selling (such as a presentation of the watches for sale.) We were AQ and were not too pleased with Blu, more crowded and the staff seemed overworked and harried. However, crew was about the friendliest we have seen, ship was beautiful, food was very good. Enjoy the rest of your trip.

Martini tastings and certain gym classes have had a fee in all the years I've been sailing Celebrity. I do understand that Zumba now has a fee and used to be free at the pool; this came with the Canyon Ranch spa takeover deal.

Edited by royalcruz

I know it's all a matter of opinion and personal taste but we cruised the Eastern Med last September on Reflection in AQ and had an excellent trip. Whilst I accept that all that selling can get a bit tiresome, surely this is the same on most cruise lines and ship, well it has been in my experience. I find it is easy to avoid and walk around. With regard to Blu restaurant on Reflection, yes it could get very busy and probably is a bit small for the numbers it has to serve, but if you are prepared to avoid the peak times for dinner it is not a problem. You don't have to eat really early either, we used to turn up at about 0715/0730 and never had to queue. By eight, of course, it was a little backlogged. Breakfast was always very pleasant. The ship was full by the way. We have booked AQ again this year as it was so good, on Infinity this time transatlantic and looking forward to it.

Edited by Thameside

Hi My wife and I are on Reflection 5th Sept looking forward to our cruise, I have read lots of different replies on this site and others, and may I say they are varied but everyone has an opinion also different tastes but I feel my wife and will have a great time and will certainly post my review.:):)

The Reflection is our favorite Celebrity ship!! We love the changes to the Sunset Bar and moving the staircase from the Oceanview Cafe further inside. There is much more seating. She is a beautiful ship. Love the change in the pool deck as well. Can't wait for our October trans-atlantic on her!

Reflection is our least favourite ship but since it offers the best deal for cruising in the Caribbean we're booked again.

All the S-class ships are beautiful but we miss the wide open Sky lounge and don't like the restricted dance floor on three. That giant rose is just another obstacle.

However Park West using the Sky Lounge on sea days is a real pain. I don't know if they still take over the lounge but it irked us greatly last year.

Staff is great, food is fine, service great but we all learn to adjust to marketing on board.

Reflection is our least favourite ship but since it offers the best deal for cruising in the Caribbean we're booked again.

All the S-class ships are beautiful but we miss the wide open Sky lounge and don't like the restricted dance floor on three. That giant rose is just another obstacle.

However Park West using the Sky Lounge on sea days is a real pain. I don't know if they still take over the lounge but it irked us greatly last year.

Staff is great, food is fine, service great but we all learn to adjust to marketing on board.

On recent med cruise Park West was in Sky Lounge on Reflection

Also Travel agency private wine party in SkyLounge at sail away time from Rome cruise port first day of cruise

We heard there were fifty people at the gathering which to us seemed a poor time to schedule the event

We found the door closed with no sign to explain why

Enjoy your cruise! We just returned from the Reflection on a cruise to Italy, Turkey and Greece. We had a great time, and the ship was very nice. As I note in my review, I did notice that they are trying to monetize every inch of the ship. Still, everything that used to be included is still included. I remind myself that the more other passengers buy this stuff, the lower my cruise fare can be (true or not, I choose to believe it). :)

Hello again.

We are now pulling into Ephesus. So far I have loved the cruise. Except for the constant sales pitches. Crew is excellent, Captains club perks are excellent, and as a result....I booked 2 more cruises while on board. Ship is beautiful, very clean. No one is ill, crew members are always at the entrance to buffets with hand sanitizer and sanitizer dispensers are everywhere. Can't enjoy a vacation if you are sick. Ports so far have been great.

I very much recommend this cruise very much.

Cheers,

Hello again.

We are now pulling into Ephesus. So far I have loved the cruise. Except for the constant sales pitches. Crew is excellent, Captains club perks are excellent, and as a result....I booked 2 more cruises while on board. Ship is beautiful, very clean. No one is ill, crew members are always at the entrance to buffets with hand sanitizer and sanitizer dispensers are everywhere. Can't enjoy a vacation if you are sick. Ports so far have been great.

I very much recommend this cruise very much.

Cheers,

We sail on Reflection on June 23rd so happy to hear that you are enjoying your cruise. Not looking forward to the 'constant sales pitch' thing though. We usually sail RC and I cant say I ever found their sales days intrusive in any way. We usually sail direct from the UK and therefor the majority of the passengers are from the UK, we were wondering what the mix of passengers is like on the Rome departure? Is it pretty much a mixed bag, more Brits than American, more American? Just curious.

The only sales pitches so far that I can remember when being on celebrity ships is walking past some stands with watches and bags but no one ever approached us and you just browsed if you wanted to

I remember walking down the stairs in Reflection, from the Sky Lounge, and the Spa Staff were always near the elevators trying to draw passengers into their "lair."

I don't know whether the "Ranch" people have continued the practice. We have not had the daily pitch on other Celebrity ships....

(Just an observation from the inaugural sailings)

The spa staff was present on recent Reflection cruise but they were not intrusive in any way.

The specialty dining staff was outside the cafe offering specials which we actually found helpful.

We booked the Lawn Club for four at a good rate on the overnight in Barcelona. It was a perfect evening and the dinner was delicious. We invited our friends to be our guests and it was a memorable evening. We talk of it often

I remember walking down the stairs in Reflection, from the Sky Lounge, and the Spa Staff were always near the elevators trying to draw passengers into their "lair."

I don't know whether the "Ranch" people have continued the practice. We have not had the daily pitch on other Celebrity ships....

(Just an observation from the inaugural sailings)

Maybe you have too much baggage from previous sailings or you are not sure how to navigate the up-sales...but you do need to find a way, especially f these really bother you that much, of dealing with them in your own way so your cruise isn't affected by them. This must be somewhat important or you would not have posited it. That being said, I have to work on those things too; however, I am getting much better with practice! Just smile and walk away or a simple "no thank you." Otherwise, you are allowing them to control you and NOT...:cool: Thanks for posting as we can all realize that this is happening and decide what to do when and if it does...Life is difficult so heads up! ( Yes, I know this was just an observation and just want others to see it as such, but also be aware.)

Edited by Lastdance

Maybe you have too much baggage from previous sailings or you are not sure how to navigate the up-sales...but you do need to find a way, especially f these really bother you that much, of dealing with them in your own way so your cruise isn't affected by them. This must be somewhat important or you would not have posited it. That being said, I have to work on those things too; however, I am getting much better with practice! Just smile and walk away or a simple "no thank you." Otherwise, you are allowing them to control you and NOT...:cool: Thanks for posting as we can all realize that this is happening and decide what to do when and if it does...Life is difficult so heads up! ( Yes, I know this was just an observation and just want others to see it as such, but also be aware.)

So now we must prepare to handle hawkers on the ship like we do for aggressive beach vendors in the ports...on Silho they prowled the atrium area to push the drinks package and wine tasting.

on our last cruise on Royal C we were having a lovely dress up family birthday dinner in Chops..Our waiter actually tried to sell us wine aerators and a cookbook at the end...really tasteless behavior!

Maybe you have too much baggage from previous sailings or you are not sure how to navigate the up-sales...but you do need to find a way, especially f these really bother you that much, of dealing with them in your own way so your cruise isn't affected by them. ....

( Yes, I know this was just an observation and just want others to see it as such, but also be aware.)

Huh?

Wow all this about a passing comment? :cool:

Hello again,

wonderful day here in Mykenos (probably spelled wrong). Had lunch and dinner in Tuscan grille...very good. I keep getting "junk mail" at my cabin....art auctions, watch sales...etc.

What I never did get....was the invite to the CC get together.

Just for the record, this is my 28th cruise. I've been all over on various lines since 1989.

My first was on the RCCL Nordic Prince, still the best cruise I ever took!!!

Cheers,

Hello again,

wonderful day here in Mykenos (probably spelled wrong). Had lunch and dinner in Tuscan grille...very good. I keep getting "junk mail" at my cabin....art auctions, watch sales...etc.

What I never did get....was the invite to the CC get together.

Just for the record, this is my 28th cruise. I've been all over on various lines since 1989.

My first was on the RCCL Nordic Prince, still the best cruise I ever took!!!

Cheers,

Mykonos is beautiful, a great place to walk just to see the windmills.

Could you perhaps post if the following officers are still on this sailing?

Captain: A Bouzakis

or Captain A Peppas

HD: Jamie Petts

CD: Alexander Y.

GRM: Bosco Pires

F&B: Brent Coleman

Chef: Thomas Stellbrink

Captain's Club: Chandru

Thank you.

Peppas is still Capt. Don't know about the others. Now at sea. Not too much to do for me.

I don't shop or drink too much. Nice weather today. Very good food in the MDR. I dined in the specialty restaurants, not too much different from MDR considering the extra cost.

I'll post a better review when I'm home and not paying .65 a minute for internet access.

Cheers....