Just returned from THe Wind

Mayflower1

Disembarked The Wind yesterday in Monte Carlo after 17 glorious days. The ship is in fine condition and we experienced the usual wonderful service from the Crew. The Food was excellent overall albeit that there were a few occasions when Quality/Hotness was less than expected ( A very personal take and probably not a necessarily of a general nature - when brought to the attention of Head Waiter/Maitre D this was quickly rectified ).

I have noticed a general discussion on another Board about the standard on The Cloud - we will be joining her in early September and will be interested to judge comments made ( hopefully you may still be there BriMary ? )

All in all we have had a wonderful time on The Wind and would have no hesitation in saying that the ship still delivers a very good product.

The Line is now celebrating its 20th Anniversary and it is clear things have changed over time - those of us who have sailed throughout that period have noticed differences both in the Product and the Guests but we can only judge from each Cruise as to our level of overall satisfaction.

We apparently shared the Wind for one segment with Mayflower1 as we did an 18-day back-to-back that started in Athens with the change over in Venice and ending for us in Rome. I haven't had the time to do a full review but overall it was a fantastic cruise and the Wind certainly met our expectations. Aside from a fantastic itinerary I'd have to say the service on the was definitely a highlight. If we had a disappointment it was the food and service in the La Terrazza at night. Two years ago it was our favorite venue for dinner, this year the food was marginal and the service sometimes painfully slow.

Yes, we'll certainly remember the Zampone ;):) but more importantly the wonderful company at the dinners. :) Looking for our next Silversea cruise right now. Unfortunately the situation with Russia is an issue because of Carey's government position and it's impacting our desire and ability to do the Baltic and specifically St Petersburg. :(

We were on the Wind from Venice to Rome and I agree with the comments of others. La Terrazza was a huge disappointment and I could tell others there the night we dined there were of the same mind.

Other than that the cruise was outstanding!

Disembarked The Wind yesterday in Monte Carlo after 17 glorious days. The ship is in fine condition and we experienced the usual wonderful service from the Crew. The Food was excellent overall albeit that there were a few occasions when Quality/Hotness was less than expected ( A very personal take and probably not a necessarily of a general nature - when brought to the attention of Head Waiter/Maitre D this was quickly rectified ).

I have noticed a general discussion on another Board about the standard on The Cloud - we will be joining her in early September and will be interested to judge comments made ( hopefully you may still be there BriMary ? )

All in all we have had a wonderful time on The Wind and would have no hesitation in saying that the ship still delivers a very good product.

The Line is now celebrating its 20th Anniversary and it is clear things have changed over time - those of us who have sailed throughout that period have noticed differences both in the Product and the Guests but we can only judge from each Cruise as to our level of overall satisfaction.

Great to hear a positive SS report from a reliable source.Hope you are keeping well.We leave the Cloud in Southampton on 1st Sept. after 28days Iceland,Greenland,and UK round trip.Sadly we will probably just miss you.Hope we both enjoy our respective cruises on the wonderful Silver Cloud.

Hi Randy - Glad to hear that you and Carey enjoyed the experience as much as Gill & I did ( especially the Zampone !!!!! ). Hope to meet up with you again before too long.

I failed to mention that we after we got off in Rome we thought often of our meals and discussions with you, Gill, and Michael. We also have very special thoughts about Michael and Judy and think about them often. Michael graced us with his company in Dubrovnik and shared a ride on the tramway and a lovely break in a sidewalk cafe. Special memories. :)

Good morning Brimary - so sorry that we will miss each other this time - have a great time and try to leave The Cloud in good shape for us !!! - hope to catch up with you again soon.

Good morning Duct tape - hope you are keeping well - I understand that J is on board Cloud right now for the D Day Celebrations - hope all goes well and we look forward to meeting up again soon.

Randyk47 - thanks for the response - we thoroughly reciprocate your comments re friendship - hope to meet again before too long.

Hello MayFlower and RandK47.

We will be on Wind next month. Are either of you able to tell us who is the Captain, MD, HD and CD. Also who is the bar tender in the bar on deck 5? Are either of you able to remember the always available menu...has it changed at all. Does the dinner still start at 7pm and do you still have to attend the second and third lifeboat drills when doing back to back cruises

Hello MayFlower and RandK47.

We will be on Wind next month. Are either of you able to tell us who is the Captain, MD, HD and CD. Also who is the bar tender in the bar on deck 5? Are either of you able to remember the always available menu...has it changed at all. Does the dinner still start at 7pm and do you still have to attend the second and third lifeboat drills when doing back to back cruises

Unless there is a change:

Captain Michele Macarone Palimieri

Hotel Director Flavio Gioia (left ship near end of our cruise for his wedding :) and I didn't catch the name of his replacement)

Cruise Director was the ever present and wonderful Colin Brown

Head Maître D was Antonio (spelling?). A true delight and the best ever.

Sorry. Didn't spend much time in the Deck 5 bar. Pool bar was Myryna (spelling?) and the Panorama Bar was Marilyn.

Yes, dinner in the Restaurant starts at 7 PM. I don't remember the details of the always available menu. We ordered from the menu of the night probably 95% of the time. One night was Greek night and we tried the recommended dishes but my wife really didn't care for what she ordered...at least she tried....and the MD quickly got her a replacement meal off the always available menu. :) Funny thing was he bent over and whispered to her that her first order was not one of his favorites.

While it was recommended we were not required to attend the second lifeboat drill. We were overnighting in Venice at the changeover and didn't want to go back to the ship at 4 or 5 PM so we talked to our butler and he said he'd tell the appropriate person that we'd not be attending. Heard nothing more about it.

Good morning Your Lordship: To add to the above, the HD is Helmut and the Bar Tender on 5 is currently Verlin assisted by Marco & Ricky. The ' Always Menu ' included Prawn Cocktail, Tomato Veloute, Lobster Bisque, Steaks, Salmon and Scallopine ( There are Others ).

The Drill for In Transit Guests is ' Strongly Recommended ' but not Mandatory.

I hope this helps - have fun.