Not trying to be morbid, or funny.....

Would you get a liiiiiittle bothered at all, if you found out that someone had died or was murdered in the room you booked? ......

Unless there was a taped outline of a body on the floor, "no" it wouldn't bother me.

Why would you have your picture taken outside the door? You actually knocked on the door and asked to look around?? What did you expect to see and did the people let you in??? Not getting why any of that has anything to do with the behavioral aspects of a crime.

No I didn't knock and look around. That was a joke. Good grief.

A picture outside the door was just something to go along with the history of the ship.

I'm not clear on why ANY of this mattered to you?

we just got off the Fantasy and had to helicopter a passenger off the ship. He was alive when he left but died later. All ships have a morgue so if he had died on the ship there wouldn't have been a helicopter needed.

Hmmmm.....Who knows what went on in the cabin/room before I occupy it? It could have been something that would make me more apprehensive then if someone died there. So, no....don't think about it. Actually, have never given any thought to the prior occupants at all.

Edited by marco

A picture outside the door was just something to go along with the history of the ship.

Well, I guess it mattered because you started a whole thread about it asking what we thought. Sorry we didn't recognize your humor from what you wrote. I mean, you actually sought out the door of a cabin where someone died (I'm guessing brutally) and took a picture - and you judge us?

As long as the body is not still there and they did a clean up I'm ok with it. I just don't want to share already limited cabin space! Although it might be a way for some folks to avoid paying the solo cruiser supplement.

As long as certain conditions are met I would not worry or even think about it:

1. The ''casualty'' is not me.

2. There is no white line marking where a body was.

3 No black and yellow tape.

4. The body had gone.

I have stayed at an old UK hotel where a sign at the bedtime table informed that the room was haunted by a headless lady. I thought it a bit unfair as if I am to share a room with a strange lady at least let me see that shes pretty!

I certainly am not going to ask if anyone died in my cabin.

IF you asked, I think it doubtful even if there had been such an event in that cabin, no crew would be eager to share that knowledge. I don't think they would tell you.

I don't think about it in hotel rooms, cruise ship rooms or hospital beds/rooms.

As long as the room isn't haunted and there are no ghosts, I'm okay. :)

The ghost of the girl who went over board trying to climb into the next cabin from the balcony has been spotted many times on the Dawn. Some people went on the ship and were not aware of the ghost, but reported seeing some of the same things others did.

Well, I guess it mattered because you started a whole thread about it asking what we thought. Sorry we didn't recognize your humor from what you wrote. I mean, you actually sought out the door of a cabin where someone died (I'm guessing brutally) and took a picture - and you judge us?

I didn't start this thread? What are you even talking about? I commented ON the thread.

You did not indicate it was a joke, only now.

Why did it have to be that particular cabin? "Oh, and here's THE cabin where someone was brutally murdered."

On a public forum, all posts are open to comments. Lets just say that I'm curious about the behavioral aspects of someone.;):)

You did not indicate it was a joke, only now.

Why did it have to be that particular cabin? "Oh, and here's THE cabin where someone was brutally murdered."

On a public forum, all posts are open to comments. Lets just say that I'm curious about the behavioral aspects of someone.;):)

The winky face didn't give the indication of a joke I guess. I apologize, as those well versed in internet jargon and emoticons would have understood that.

It was THAT particular cabin because in researching the ship I came across the information on the murder, and knew which cabin it was in. As I said, it's a piece of history, and also fits in with my my interest in true crime and criminal behavior. If you don't understand that, feel free to keep on scrolling. I won't hold your judgemental views against you. :D

Interesting web pages but so what. I am with those who could care less but not by much. The history of events in my cabin are history and as long as no sign is there for me to see, why should I worry. I echo the person who commented about deaths in auto collisions and you don't avoid that part of the road. Heck, if you did try to avoid any such intersection, you probably not move through most cities!

If I were in the cabin where some lady knocked to the where somebody else was murdered, I would have freaked. You deserve a medal for both stupidity and callousness. Your curiosity does not justify disturbing those in another cabin.

Later,

M

You should obviously read the entire thread. I didn't bother anyone, and even if I had knocked, not everyone may feel the way you do. Thank you for your judgement though, it really shows who deserves the medal....

You should obviously read the entire thread. I didn't bother anyone, and even if I had knocked, not everyone may feel the way you do. Thank you for your judgement though, it really shows who deserves the medal....

Hey, read this thread.:D Can't imagine the comments if you had knocked and posted about it.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2055533

My house was built in 1827. The odds are that someone's died there. What do the super-superstitious do - always buy brand new houses? Even then, there's always a chance a builder had a fatal accident or illness on the spot.

The more you travel and the more places you stay the likelier it is that you will be in a place where someone died. Death happens. No one seals off places where it occurs. Have you ever visited the Tower of London - think of the queens and traitors and others who met their ends there; or the Place de la Concorde - where the guillotine did its work over several years - so?

My house was built in 1827. The odds are that someone's died there. What do the super-superstitious do - always buy brand new houses? Even then, there's always a chance a builder had a fatal accident or illness on the spot.

I was thinking along those lines, too-our house was built in 1765- and the land outside was cleared by Vikings, then Normans, who certainly wouldn't have come with a smiley face. People didn't die in hospital, so there will have been many residents before me who died in our bedroom.

A cabin is just a prefabricated cubicle which has been slid into the ship; it doesn't sound like the usual haunted house.