C&A Status Change Mid-Cruise

Anyone have any experience with moving tiers mid-cruise lately and possibly getting benefits?

I know that the rule is upon completion of the cruise. We will be diamond mid-cruise this summer and wonder if anyone has had luck asking the loyalty ambassador for access to the diamond events?

Thanks.

Anyone have any experience with moving tiers mid-cruise lately and possibly getting benefits?

I know that the rule is upon completion of the cruise. We will be diamond mid-cruise this summer and wonder if anyone has had luck asking the loyalty ambassador for access to the diamond events?

Thanks.

Status does not change until the end of the cruise. That being said some folks have reported success doing this. I Personally don't think this should be done but it's only my opinion. Edited by FLACRUISER99

As mentioned, you can try to ask the LA on board to see if they would recognize the change in status, but typically they do not. They would need to do this for all if they made the exception for one, since the policy is for points to be accrued after each cruise with status change recognized on the next cruise.

Our change both to Diamond and Diamond Plus occurred mid-cruise (as it frequently does with many tier changes) without recognition during the cruise.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

Thanks.

You can always ask. No harm in that. Events typically require the invitations that are sent to Diamond and above members.

We are in the "No" category. We turned Diamond during a cruise and asked politely if we would be able... uhh... to get... the LA was shaking her head NO before the words were even out of my husband's mouth. She was rather rude. We absolutely would have accepted either answer as well because the Diamond perks are great, but felt she was a bit snooty with us. No congratulations or recognition at all. Oh well. :)

We did this, but not with diamond, just moving from lowly gold to slightly less lowly platinum. What it meant for us on board was that we were invited to the top-tier cocktail event and had a "platinum" sticker placed on our seapasses. Didn't cost them much, but it made us happy. It probably helped that we asked as we were booking the next cruise.

They probably do it far less for diamond because the benefits are greater, and there seem to be so many more diamonds nowadays. In any case, I agree with a poster above who suggested asking politely and receiving either response with a smile.

They probably do it far less for diamond because the benefits are greater, and there seem to be so many more diamonds nowadays.

I think it may have more to do with how many D's and higher are on board at the time. I understand what you mean, however, and I'm sure you realize that there are - in order of numbers - by far many more Gold, Platinum and Emerald members than Diamonds and higher in the program.

I cannot confirm this as actual numbers, but from what I've been told, there are - all in approximate totals - 6MM+ C & A members world wide, of which only around 10,000 are Diamond, 5,000 Diamond Plus, and just over 500 Pinnacle members. :)

We are in the "No" category. We turned Diamond during a cruise and asked politely if we would be able... uhh... to get... the LA was shaking her head NO before the words were even out of my husband's mouth. She was rather rude. We absolutely would have accepted either answer as well because the Diamond perks are great, but felt she was a bit snooty with us. No congratulations or recognition at all. Oh well. :)

That's too bad since it is a significant number of nights that you have chosen to spend on their ship:eek: The cost for her to congratulate you and buy you a drink to celebrate would probably have made for a very different story for you to tell!

I think it may have more to do with how many D's and higher are on board at the time. I understand what you mean, however, and I'm sure you realize that there are - in order of numbers - by far many more Gold, Platinum and Emerald members than Diamonds and higher in the program.

I cannot confirm this as actual numbers, but from what I've been told, there are - all in approximate totals - 6MM+ C & A members world wide, of which only around 10,000 are Diamond, 5,000 Diamond Plus, and just over 500 Pinnacle members. :)

Not sure about the numbers for the individual tiers but on our last cruise we were told that there was over 7million total members.

On several of our cruises at the Top Tier event the LA would announce the numbers of each level that were on board. Maybe it was just me but I found that interesting and was a bit disappointed when they did not mention this. It always amazed me how many on board were first time cruisers.

That's too bad since it is a significant number of nights that you have chosen to spend on their ship:eek: The cost for her to congratulate you and buy you a drink to celebrate would probably have made for a very different story for you to tell!

Aww thanks, so very true. :) I honestly wasn't expecting anything, but the congratulations and a hand shake would have been a nice touch. And if she hadn't been so rude to my husband by cutting him off. ;)

If Royal Caribbean continues along the path that has been SOP (Standard Operating Policy), upgrades to any new tier level is reached at the end of the cruise. So, starting the next cruise, anyone that has achieved a new tier level will be recognized with the new tier level.

The only exception to this standard is when someone has achieved the level of Pinnacle. On that cruise, when a person, or couple achieve that status, it will be announced, and the people will be honored, and their status changed.

Rick

Because of that same issue with Platinum and Emerald, we timed the next one right where we'll be Diamond on the last day of the next cruise. ;)

It was a little weird as the last two have been on Radiance and Serenade in a GS and OS, so we had CL access and, umm, heh heh, our keys also opened the Diamond Lounge just next door. Shhh.

Think about it.

The vast majority of tier changes occur DURING cruises. Most people are not going to coincidentally hit the precise number needed to move up with the precise number of days of a cruise.

So it just makes more sense for Royal Caribbean to say: We will credit your account with earned cruise points 7 to 14 days after the completion of your cruise.

THAT is when you have "achieved" the next tier.

:)

I too achieved diamond status mid cruise and asked politely if I could be recognized, but the answer was no, so alas, I must wait until my next cruise!!

Good luck and welcome to the club!!!

Hi Lynn, we can hang out in the diamond lounge together in March!!!! :D

Cheryl

Not sure about the numbers for the individual tiers but on our last cruise we were told that there was over 7million total members.

On several of our cruises at the Top Tier event the LA would announce the numbers of each level that were on board. Maybe it was just me but I found that interesting and was a bit disappointed when they did not mention this. It always amazed me how many on board were first time cruisers.

I actually believed that as well but went with the last total enrollment I thought I was sure of.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

When we turned Diamond in the middle of our first sailing on our last B2B they made us wait until the second leg of the cruise to receive the perks.

I do have a question for everyone, when do you get your pins? It's been since January and we haven't received them yet or a certificate. Thank you!

When we turned Diamond in the middle of our first sailing on our last B2B they made us wait until the second leg of the cruise to receive the perks.

I do have a question for everyone, when do you get your pins? It's been since January and we haven't received them yet or a certificate. Thank you!

You should have gotten your Diamond pins on the first cruise after you turned Diamond. See the Loyalty Ambassador on your next cruise.

You should have gotten your Diamond pins on the first cruise after you turned Diamond. See the Loyalty Ambassador on your next cruise.

What seems very strange is that we haven't received pins since platinum. I sent them an email when we turned Emerald and they mailed them to us. I think I'll do the same for our Diamond Pins.

My guess is that they give them out during the C&A event in which my husband refuses to go to. He likes to sit in the CL or DL rather than go to the event.