BOGOHO Pricing and the RC Math

Bingo! You know it. While some may get such a fare at the right time and experience good savings, this is just marketing smoke and mirrors to get people to book, who **think** they are saving. :cool:

While not a direct correlation, cruise cabin prices for the same cruise can be compared to airline seat prices. They can vary from day to day.

Yep, and it pays to monitor.

I don't see why this is so hard for people to understand.

Prices include all discounts. If it has a military rate, residency rate, senior rate, balcony rate, crown and anchor rate or bogoho rate the price reflected will include that rate. It says so right on their website. It makes sense to me.

It even says - right on their website - "Deals pricing reflects special rates you may qualify for." That means the pricing reflects the special rates. It says that on every page that shows pricing.

Edited by cruisnseas

I didn't come through the sale page, so I didn't see the disclaimer.

Then I guess you also missed it on the pricing page itself;)

"* Prices are per person, based on double occupancy, for cruise only on select sailings and stateroom categories. For new reservations only. Subject to availability. Certain restrictions apply. May not be combinable with any other promotion and may be withdrawn at any time. "Deals" pricing reflects the special rate(s) you may be eligible for."

Edited by orville99

I was able to use the BOGO sale to get another $600 off the price quoted when I originally booked, so it is not just smoke and mirrors - some are saving. It is confusing, and YMMV.

Deb

Sent from my KFJWI using Tapatalk HD

Yeah, we have been eyeing a 2015 cruise for a while now, but with this "sale", it's almost $300 more than before the sale. :(

We saved 4000. on 3 cruises (previously booked) the first day because of an awesome TA, who sent new prices on his own. We are wanting to book

Liberty Nov. 13, '15, but because of the higher prices for the BOGOHO, we are stuck

with higher prices or not booking until after the promotion ends July 15.

The worst part is that if we book before July 15, we can only book using

the higher BOGOHO prices. No other prices can be used!

Cruzin Lady

Edited by cruzin lady

THis is an example of what I got for a Balcony

Vacation Charges Guest 1 Guest 2 Total

Cruise 1069.00 1069.00 2138.00

BOGOHO 0.00 -535.00 -535.00

NCCF 150.00 150.00 300.00

BOGOHO 0.00 -75.00 -75.00

Vacation Subtotal 1219.00 609.00 1828.00

Taxes, fees and port 120.85 120.85 241.70

expenses

VACATION TOTAL 1339.85 729.85 2069.70

Please clarify, the math does not add up. BOGOHO for 2nd passenger seems to be adding up to $610n rather than the $535. Also, are you eligible for D balcony discount? NCCF--what is this? next cruise certificate?

NCCF stands for "non-commisionable cruise fare" it is a portion of the cruise fare that passengers don't usually see (they usually see the "base" and the "nccf" added together).

To simply the math the previous poster is paying

Pax 1: Pax2: Total:

Cruise Fare $1219 $609.00 $1828.00

Tax $120.85 $120.85 $241.70

Total $1339.85 $730.85 $2069.70

I just find it too funny so many people are having such serious issues with the price viewing set up. I didn't have any problems when booking a cruise through the sale. Idk maybe I'm not confused easily like others.

NCCF stands for "non-commisionable cruise fare" it is a portion of the cruise fare that passengers don't usually see (they usually see the "base" and the "nccf" added together).

To simply the math the previous poster is paying

Pax 1: Pax2: Total:

Cruise Fare $1219 $609.00 $1828.00

Tax $120.85 $120.85 $241.70

Total $1339.85 $730.85 $2069.70

Thanks for the clarification. Math does add up now. Never saw a breakdown, although I heard the terms, as such from either my TA or when booked via RCL.

We saved 4000. on 3 cruises (previously booked) the first day because of an awesome TA, who sent new prices on his own. We are wanting to book

Liberty Nov. 13, '15, but because of the higher prices for the BOGOHO, we are stuck

with higher prices or not booking until after the promotion ends July 15.

The worst part is that if we book before July 15, we can only book using

the higher BOGOHO prices. No other prices can be used!

Cruzin Lady

You can't check prices without being stuck in "SALE" mode. I wish the darn would just get over with too. :D:):D