Bottled Water

I've brought a case of water (sealed) in my checked luggage on multiple cruises over the last couple years and never had any trouble. It was sealed just as I purchased it at the store.

So just throw a luggage tag on it? I am wondering the same thing as the OP since we are driving and would like to have bottled water without necessarily the ship cost.

So just throw a luggage tag on it? I am wondering the same thing as the OP since we are driving and would like to have bottled water without necessarily the ship cost.

You can try and it will probably be allowed. It's technically against the rules to being any beverage onboard, except for the two bottles of wine. We've had a case of water refused by the porters, but that was during spring break period.

We bring empty water bottles and fill them from the water container located by the pool at no charge. And before you ask, yes it tastes just like the bottled water we have to buy at home.

We do the same. Ship water tastes great and it's also much better for the environment.

Every cruise we've been on we have brought water. By the case with a tag, never been refused, or just a bunch of loose bottles along with Gatorade or cokes in our carry on.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We bring empty water bottles and fill them from the water container located by the pool at no charge. And before you ask, yes it tastes just like the bottled water we have to buy at home.

We do the same. Ship water tastes great and it's also much better for the environment.
Not always true, ships water (especially the older ones) can have a strong chlorine taste. No it is not all made on the ships by RO or evaporators. City water is put on when in port, thats what the blue hoses are.

Yes...bring a few refillable bottles...doesn't weigh as much...easy to refill! All municipal water sources that might be used are perfectly safe...iced water takes away the "flavor"....if any.

Edited by cb at sea

I would never refill a bottle from a public water fountain.... and if I'm not mistaken there are signs next to outlets on board to that effect.....

No one ever suggested that. You take a prepoured glass and pour it into your bottle. Not exactly rocket science. I also use lemonade or iced tea to drink by the pool or in the cabin at night.

Generally the ship water is pretty darned good.

Most bottled water products are just bottled municipal water. Seems like a waste of money to me, but to each their own.

The ship water tastes fine to us. However, we have had problems with ankle swelling on board. I suspect that sometimes the ship's water has a high level of sodium. Since we have switched to drinking bottled water, we've had no problems with ankle swelling.

Edited by clarea

Ship water may taste fine to some, I can tell the difference.

I enjoy my cups of hot tea and bring my own tea AND at least 1 case if bottled water. The case is wrapped in original packaging and I tape bright paper with our names, reservation number and cabin number.

NEVER had a problem.

Last time? June 6th-Radiance in Seward, Alaska.

Take your water. It's a snap!

We bought those brita water bottles, and used the water at the windjammer to fill up the bottles.

Ship water may taste fine to some, I can tell the difference.

I enjoy my cups of hot tea and bring my own tea AND at least 1 case if bottled water. The case is wrapped in original packaging and I tape bright paper with our names, reservation number and cabin number.

NEVER had a problem.

Last time? June 6th-Radiance in Seward, Alaska.

Take your water. It's a snap!

It might sound snotty, but i actually brought my own "travel mug" and used that for my coffee and tea. Too many lipstick stains I have found on the mugs. I also buy mugs in port.

Happily, you don't need to bring bottled water unless you wish. The tap water on ships is perfectly safe to drink and taste fine. :)

LuLu

if you like tap water at home, you'll probably like the ship's tap.

I think the water on the ship's has a chlorine taste. I Don't drink it

shelton

I would never drink out of the tap on a ship. Do you know how many plumbing problems are on each ship? You are daring indeed.

Sent from my SCH-I915 using Forums mobile app

Do you order all your drinks with no ice? If not, then you get ships water in your drinks.

Do you bathe in the ships water?

I don't understand how someone would be daring for drinking the tap water on a modern cruise ship.