Liberty of the Seas Aft Balcony

When we cruised last on the Liberty in an aft balcony we were told that after that cruise they were taking the lounge chairs off the balconies except for suites. Has anyone cruise lately in one of the non suite aft balconies? Were the lounge chairs gone?

When we cruised last on the Liberty in an aft balcony we were told that after that cruise they were taking the lounge chairs off the balconies except for suites. Has anyone cruise lately in one of the non suite aft balconies? Were the lounge chairs gone?

We had this issue a couple of years ago, with only Liberty. If a JS you could have a lounge but NONE were allowed, period, on a D Aft cabin. They had no logical reason why, when on Smaller class ships- Radiance Class and above, we had lounges on aft cabins.:confused:

Unless, this is a new RCL policy to pay more for cabins with Loungers???

We were in JS 1406 on Liberty on the May 2014 TA and had two loungers, two chairs, and a small table. Our friends in aft D1 cabin 1704 had the same set up as us. All the afts on deck 10 had them. Not sure about the other aft balcony cabins because we had the royal suites below us. They get everything!

Shelton

We were on Liberty in December in 1702 and only had the 2 chairs. Told by cabin attendant that captain had asked the loungers to be removed.

We were in an aft JS in March on the Liberty and had 2 chairs and 2 loungers.

I can not even imagine why the captain would care, or even know they were there. If this was true, he would be noted by name in my guest satisfaction survey. And before you flame me, can you think of a reason it can be allowed on one ship in fleet and not the other of the same class. It's more than likely either a lazy room steward, or a corporate policy that is not being followed by everybody. Because of the size of those balconies they could charge more for those cabins and people would still pay it.

I can not even imagine why the captain would care, or even know they were there. If this was true, he would be noted by name in my guest satisfaction survey. And before you flame me, can you think of a reason it can be allowed on one ship in fleet and not the other of the same class. It's more than likely either a lazy room steward, or a corporate policy that is not being followed by everybody. Because of the size of those balconies they could charge more for those cabins and people would still pay it.

Certainly not going to flame you but there are many instances where things are done differently at the Captains discretion. One of those being whether or not the balcony dividers can be opened.

Who knows why but whether or not there are loungers on balconies does vary by ship. I was just repeating what the cabin steward told me and judging by how he performed he certainly did not appear lazy. There were also no loungers on the other D1 balcony cabins on either side of us.

We were in a GS on Navigator a month ago and there was no lounge chair, but I had heard from cruise critic that all you had to do was ask for one , which we did and it was there a few hours later

We just did the TA on the Liberty of the Seas in an aft facing JS and had two chairs and two loungers but two years ago we were on the Liberty and had an E1 aft facing cabin with a very large balcony and only had two chairs. I asked the room attendant and he said they weren't allowed. When I got home I emailed RCCL and there answer as I recall was that the room attendant was correct and the reason was it was a safety issue. I think fire was the excuse they used. I didn't really buy that excuse as the suits had loungers. And I had the same E1 cabin on the Freedom before and did have loungers on the balcony.

How could having a lounger on a balcony be a "fire hazard"? That makes no sense whatsoever.

On ships where the Captain won't allow the balcony dividers to be opened, it's generally because they aren't designed to be opened, and can't be locked in place, so that could create either damage to the ship or a passenger. (Some ships have the dividers bolted into place or are part of the hull) On ships where the dividers ARE designed to be opened, they rarely refuse to open them.

We didn't even wait until 2 am. It was about 8 in the evening when we went and got ours. If you think the walk to the aft cabins is long try it carrying a lounger.:D

No one questioned you about carrying chairs all that way. Hubby would be afraid we would get put off the ship at the first port if we tired that. Guess I'll have to find some younger adults and buy them drinks to do it for us lol

No one questioned you about carrying chairs all that way. Hubby would be afraid we would get put off the ship at the first port if we tired that. Guess I'll have to find some younger adults and buy them drinks to do it for us lol

The only ones that gave us a second glance were fellow passengers. The couple of crew that we passed seemed as if they'd seen it before.:)