Civitavecchia Temporary Drop Off Point

euro cruiser

Taking train from Rome to Civitavecchai train station.

Is there a shuttle or bus or taxi to go to train to port entrance?

Thanks

There is a shuttle bus from the port entrance to your ship; there also is a bus that runs from the train station to the port entrance for about 1 Euro I believe.

The bus fare is .80 euro from drop off parking lot to train station. There are also big tour bus round trip to rome I think it is 25 eruo, I am not sure. We use share shuttle from Rome hotel to ship port, it is 75 Euro in total. The company is shareshuttle and service is excellent. We only have 2 people, driver arrived early to our hotel with mercedes Van. When we returned to Rome after cruise, we took train and it was not bad. We bought brig ticket and cost 12 euro with 24 hours free transportation include bus and metro. It worth .80 euro, it was hot in Rome

Do you recall the name of the shuttle company and how many passengers they required for the cost to be 25 euros pp?

We shared with folks from our toll call so I don't remember the name of the company. There were 6 of us in the van.

Sorry I can't be more help.

When we returned to Rome after cruise, we took train and it was not bad. We bought brig ticket and cost 12 euro with 24 hours free transportation include bus and metro. It worth .80 euro, it was hot in Rome

Just so you know, and for other readers, you bought a round trip ticket for a one way trip. The actual one way fare from Civitavecchia to Rome is only 5-6 €.

To Cathy's point, it's slightly less expensive (11 Euro vs. 12 for the BIRG) to purchase a one-way regional ticket to Rome (5 Euro) plus an all day bus/tram/metro BIG ticket (6 Euro).

Also, please note that these are all-day tickets, NOT 24-hour ones. They expire at midnight on the day they are activated, regardless of whether that activation happened at one minute after midnight or one minute before midnight.

Does anyone know when the construction for the shuttle will be over, and if they but the drop off back to the ordinal location , going to be there being of October

Yes, we would like to know this, too.

Anybody been there in the last couple of weeks? Is it possible yet to walk from the ship directly to the train station and vice-versa?

I was there 3 weeks ago. Civitavecchia is a huge port. While I can't speak to each situation, I've been in port there a number of times & on no occasion would we have been able to walk from the ship to the station.

Have a great trip!

To Cathy's point, it's slightly less expensive (11 Euro vs. 12 for the BIRG) to purchase a one-way regional ticket to Rome (5 Euro) plus an all day bus/tram/metro BIG ticket (6 Euro).

Also, please note that these are all-day tickets, NOT 24-hour ones. They expire at midnight on the day they are activated, regardless of whether that activation happened at one minute after midnight or one minute before midnight.

Right. if you're planning to use the metro and buses then it's not much of a difference but I think a lot of people don't use either and it seems a shame to pay for something you're not going to use.

I was there 3 weeks ago. Civitavecchia is a huge port. While I can't speak to each situation, I've been in port there a number of times & on no occasion would we have been able to walk from the ship to the station.

Have a great trip!

Which is why the port run a free shuttle from ship to port entrance. From the normal (which is currently under construction) entrance to the port to the C'ccia train station is a level 4 block walk; and hundreds of people do this to go to and from their sailings.

I just return from cruise last thursday, I took the free ship shuttle to new drop off point, then take the city bus to train station. It seems to me a long walk to the station. I am not sure about walking , but it is hot even in early morning.

Brig ticket is worth it for us because we stay overnight and visit many place after cruise. You have to use more than 4 times to get money worth and that is what we did.

Wansbrough,

Is this where the port shuttle dropped you off?

I only saw this stop on the way back (from the street above----there's a staircase right by this stop). And I did see it picking up passengers. For those who haven't been there recently, this stop in the photo is through the gate by the old shuttle drop off and up the road, not too far down.

But we weren't dropped there in the morning. We were dropped quite a ways down/up the road to connect with the local bus.

Just curious if others have been dropped at the stop in the photo.

Wansbrough,

Is this where the port shuttle dropped you off?

I only saw this stop on the way back (from the street above----there's a staircase right by this stop). And I did see it picking up passengers. For those who haven't been there recently, this stop in the photo is through the gate by the old shuttle drop off and up the road, not too far down.

But we weren't dropped there in the morning. We were dropped quite a ways down/up the road to connect with the local bus.

Just curious if others have been dropped at the stop in the photo.

Sorry I can't help as I didn't use it. I only wandered down there to see if I could see what was going on. We embarked the next day but at the terminal at the other end of the port which RCI and Celebrity use and used a shuttle provided by our hotel.

FWIW, (even though this is a few years old) check out page 3 on this link:

PLANIMETRIA del porto dal 2000 al 2010

translation: FLOOR PLAN of the port from 2000 to 2010

http://www.shortsea.fr/MOSTEUROPE_PORTCIVITAVECCIA.html

This looks like a major construction project; and if that's what they are still doing, they are already years behind schedule. :p

More information; see links at "Cruise terminal", "Sea highway", and "Second lot of Strategic works":

http://www.port-of-rome.org/en/front_progettien/civitavecchia

• 2 weeks later...

Well, yes the walk is easy, but when you are doing a port call and trying to catch a train for Rome, the walk takes forever. You must walk briskly! Also, if you are doing this walk on a hot day it makes a difference. I would not want to be hauling suitcases either! If you are just "out for a walk" then it is great! Otherwise the walk is long!

FWIW, (even though this is a few years old) check out page 3 on this link:

PLANIMETRIA del porto dal 2000 al 2010

translation: FLOOR PLAN of the port from 2000 to 2010

http://www.shortsea.fr/MOSTEUROPE_PORTCIVITAVECCIA.html

This looks like a major construction project; and if that's what they are still doing, they are already years behind schedule. :p

More information; see links at "Cruise terminal", "Sea highway", and "Second lot of Strategic works":

http://www.port-of-rome.org/en/front_progettien/civitavecchia

I wonder if some ships will be docking in Fiumicino

Check out the picture

http://www.port-of-rome.org/en/front_progettien/fiumicino

What if you’re using a purchased transfer, either through the cruise line or private company, from the port to Fiumicino airport? Are they presently picking up passengers directly at the ships or do you have to take the port shuttle to the pier entrance and meet your transfer there? Anyone have any recent knowledge on this as I will be debarking at Civitavecchia on November 1st.