oasis having propulsion problems

I agree, may have been on the same Allure cruise with you (Thanksgiving?). Quite frankly it pisses me off that this happens on Allure and we didn't get ANYTHING (barely even an apology or extended port time, let alone OBC), and the exact thing happens with Oasis and they do this? W.T.F? I mean kudos to those on board Oasis that got this, but that is otherwise just BS. Poorly handled, RCI, poorly handled indeed.:mad:

Wow - Move on already it was 6 months ago! I was on the Allure in November when there was still confusion around the propulsion issue. It did not have an impact at all on the cruise, we had a fantastic time on a fantastic ship

Have a great time Andrew! Let us know if Lady O makes it into St. Thomas on time.

Thanks Dave. It's nice and hot, at the beach pool. However, I am still thinking of those strips of bacon at Peter Lugers. MMMM, bacon and red sauce. You and Daniella have a great 4th of July.

If there is a delay I will post.

Thanks Dave. It's nice and hot, at the beach pool. However, I am still thinking of those strips of bacon at Peter Lugers. MMMM, bacon and red sauce. You and Daniella have a great 4th of July.

If there is a delay I will post.

You and me both :p

Thanks, and have a great time!!! We certainly wish we were there with you guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

You and me both :p

Thanks, and have a great time!!! We certainly wish we were there with you guys.

Oasis three, we shall sail again.

We were on the Allure in May and yes my cabin was quite warm even at the lowest setting, balcony door all closed correctly and my travel alarm has a thermostat on it showing my room at 78 at night, in the daytime 76. I was hot most nights and two nights was sweating during the night and not one night did either of us sleep with even a sheet on we threw it onto the floor because we were warm.

I booked up the Oasis hoping the rooms be cool at night but hearing some rooms aren't I think I am going to cancel soon and book the Carnival Breeze, 8 nights southern caribbean instead. The Allure was my favorite ship ever (been on 53 cruises so far) but not to have a good nights sleep because the ac didn't work properly isn't worth me going on the Oasis.

All the GTV's were change back to diesel

They added diesel engines to the Radiance class ships, but they did not remove the turbine engines. The turbine engines are used to generate power to propel the ship. The diesel engine is used for power while in port.

Oasis arrived in St Thomas right on time. No noticeable propulsion problems.

Great news! Hope you guys have a fun evening and a nice day in St. Maarten tomorrow.

Wow - Move on already it was 6 months ago! I was on the Allure in November when there was still confusion around the propulsion issue. It did not have an impact at all on the cruise, we had a fantastic time on a fantastic ship

Oh I have moved on, but seeing this OBC crap really rubbed me the wrong way, so don't ask me to pretend it didn't. Just making my (perfectly valid) point (and if you read further back you'd see I wasn't the first to make this comment). And by the way, did I see above that people got port fees back for a missed port? We actually missed Nassau on our Allure Thanksgiving sailing but didn't get that $$$ back and certainly weren't offered any OBC, so what gives there? Never really thought of this, but why did we pay port fees for a port we didn't enter? That's like an paying or baggage fees for a flight, where the airline then cancels the flight but doesn't refund the baggage fees. Like that makes sense... :rolleyes:

Edited by joeski27

Oh I have moved on, but seeing this OBC crap really rubbed me the wrong way, so don't ask me to pretend it didn't. Just making my (perfectly valid) point (and if you read further back you'd see I wasn't the first to make this comment). And by the way, did I see above that people got port fees back for a missed port? We actually missed Nassau on our Allure Thanksgiving sailing but didn't get that $$$ back and certainly weren't offered any OBC, so what gives there? Never really thought of this, but why did we pay port fees for a port we didn't enter? That's like an paying or baggage fees for a flight, where the airline then cancels the flight but doesn't refund the baggage fees. Like that makes sense... :rolleyes:

I bet you did get a refund of port charges for missing Nassau. It would have shown on you on-board account as a credit. It's not a huge amount and can be easily missed.