need advice ASAP from experienced Royal travelers

Background: We booked our upcoming (we leave Sunday) Allure vacation 18 months ago with a travel agent. We booked 3 ocean view balcony cabins - 1 D1 for for DH and me, 1 regular balcony for DD and friend, both 18, and 1 reg. balcony for DD #2 who is 16 and bringing a friend also 16. We were told this was allowed as long as minors under 21 were in adjoining cabins. No problem. Then my parents and in-laws decided to come so we now have 5 adjoining cabins which our TA booked as a group.

BIG PROBLEM - I was printing luggage tags this week and noticed that the room number for dd #2 was different than the others, and not even in the same baggage zone. Sometime between original booking and now, they moved them out of their cabin because they were in a cabin for 4 people, but there are only two of them. We got no notification and the travel agent said they were not specifically told of the change. The 16 yos are now about 20 cabins away - which is not acceptable. I called Royal twice trying to talk to a supervisor but they said since it is a group booking only my TA can do anything. She has been on the phone with ROyal for 2 days trying to resolve this. They are trying to contact the family who has our ocean view room and convince them to take two boardwalk view balconies. Added to the mix is that this is international booking so they are having trouble reaching them.

Aside from the huge question of how can this happen (I know they can move people if they are in cabin that holds more people, but minors?), we are desperate to talk to someone at Royal to get this resolved. Essentially, we booked 3 adjoining cabins in accordance with their policy on traveling with minors, and by moving them they are violating their own policy. My TA is trying to resolve this, but does anyone know who I can contact at Royal with the authority to make this right? We leave on Saturday morning.

Background: We booked our upcoming (we leave Sunday) Allure vacation 18 months ago with a travel agent. We booked 3 ocean view balcony cabins - 1 D1 for for DH and me, 1 regular balcony for DD and friend, both 18, and 1 reg. balcony for DD #2 who is 16 and bringing a friend also 16. We were told this was allowed as long as minors under 21 were in adjoining cabins. No problem. Then my parents and in-laws decided to come so we now have 5 adjoining cabins which our TA booked as a group.

BIG PROBLEM - I was printing luggage tags this week and noticed that the room number for dd #2 was different than the others, and not even in the same baggage zone. Sometime between original booking and now, they moved them out of their cabin because they were in a cabin for 4 people, but there are only two of them. We got no notification and the travel agent said they were not specifically told of the change. The 16 yos are now about 20 cabins away - which is not acceptable. I called Royal twice trying to talk to a supervisor but they said since it is a group booking only my TA can do anything. She has been on the phone with ROyal for 2 days trying to resolve this. They are trying to contact the family who has our ocean view room and convince them to take two boardwalk view balconies. Added to the mix is that this is international booking so they are having trouble reaching them.

Aside from the huge question of how can this happen (I know they can move people if they are in cabin that holds more people, but minors?), we are desperate to talk to someone at Royal to get this resolved. Essentially, we booked 3 adjoining cabins in accordance with their policy on traveling with minors, and by moving them they are violating their own policy. My TA is trying to resolve this, but does anyone know who I can contact at Royal with the authority to make this right? We leave on Saturday morning.

This would be extremely aggravating for me also. Short of any resolution by the TA and RCL, I would move either one set of the grandparents or the older daughter to the non-adjoining room.

Edited by comxkid

Why not just have the 18 year olds in the cabin 20 away...not that far from you... and put the 16 year olds near you? Or put the grandparents 20 cabins away... You booked a cabin for 4 for 2... and to me it sounds like the TA hasn't kept on top of the situation. It isn't horrible and you have some options.

This would be extremely aggravating for me also. Short of any resolution by the TA and RCL, I would move either one set of the grandparents or the older daughter to the non-adjoining room.

I was going to suggest the same thing.

"Move the in-laws"

The TA should never have booked 2 minors into a 4 person cabin in the first place. An experienced TA should have know of the possibility of the move and booked accordingly to start with. If it doesn't get sorted before, you may be stopped from boarding.

Why not just have the 18 year olds in the cabin 20 away...not that far from you... and put the 16 year olds near you? Or put the grandparents 20 cabins away... You booked a cabin for 4 for 2... and to me it sounds like the TA hasn't kept on top of the situation. It isn't horrible and you have some options.

I certainly won't let it ruin our vacation, but it is a pain. I can't move the grandparents because they all paid for and deserve to keep their D1 balconies. That leaves moving the 18 yos who certainly won't mind, but I had planned to have the dividers opened between the 5 cabins and now none of the kids will be connected to us. I just can't believe RCL would move minors away from the parents. If it was just my kids, I wouldn't be so upset, but I'm responsible for 2 minors who aren't my own, and they agreed to let their children travel with us with the understanding that we would have 3 cabins all in a row.

In addition, I ordered room decorations for my daughters' birthday and something for my other daughter, and I can't even call to confirm that they will be delivered since I don't know what cabins they will be in. AARGH!

I am sorry this happened to you. I hope your TA is able to work with Royal Caribbean to solve this problem. But if not....Do I understand correctly that the sixteen year old will be traveling with both her maternal and paternal grandparents? And neither set of grandparents will happily move to keep their sixteen year old GD closer to her parents, because it means a bit smaller balcony?:eek: Really...or are you uncomfortable asking them to sacrifice a bit for the GD and you? My GP did so much for me, I find it shocking that others would not. If they are unwilling and the cabins stay as is, move the 18 year olds twenty cabins away, unless they are terribly immature for age. many of us were hundreds of miles for our parents at age 18; they may not admit it, but may even enjoy the extra privacy. I'll keep my fingers crossed that you get your original cabin back...Have a wonderful trip no matter how the cabins shake out.

I am sorry this has happened to you. I know that you can plan and plan and plan and then one thing happens and everything snowballs. I do have to say that I've never seen 5 connecting balconies with all the partitions open... not saying they wouldn't do it, just have never seen it! So... far as I can tell now you have 3 cabins in a row... a family in between... and a cabin... and then 20 cabins down another one. And although I guess the girls would like to have their balconies open to yours (I know when I was 18 I would have much rather had some privacy.) How about this... the parents, and the two sets of grand parents take the three connecting cabins. Put the 16 year old in the cabin that is one away -- close enough for comfort? and far enough to show they are responsible ladies. And the older girls down the hall... Yippee (Ok... I'm channeling my 18 year old now). You can open the three connecting cabin balconies and have a huge balcony to share.

The difference in the different category staterooms is insignificant. I think your TA needs to come up with some perks to keep you as a client. Your TA should have been on top of this long before you found it printing out luggage tags.

I do hope this works out for you. The Allure is a beautiful ship and even with the balcony you won't be in the cabins for the majority of the trip. There is so much to do on the ship... you'll want to be out and about. I hope you can enjoy your cruise.

Switch people around on the reservation so there is at least one person over 21 in each cabin and then when you get onboard just switch everyone back to their cabins. They will even switch your sea pass cards as like someone already said,once you're onboard they don't care who sleeps where.

Thanks for all of the suggestions. In the worst case scenario, the 16 year olds will be one cabin away and the 18 yos down the hall (which as some of you have pointed out, they will probably prefer). I think it's bugging me more since we are travelling with two minors who are not ours. They are both very mature young ladies or I wouldn't have allowed my girls to bring them, but i feel an obligation to their parents to make sure I'm doing what i can to keep them close to us.

My TA is currently working with both the sales and the resolution department so I'm sure they will work something out. I just appreciate having a place to vent where people understand how i feel. i realize it's a first world problem, but when you plan a big trip for so long, you want everything to be perfect.

I have been on many lovely ships, but never the Oasis class, so we are definitely looking forward to sailing on the Allure. I've never been on a cruise yet where I didn't have fun, so I know this trip will be great too.

Thanks for all of the suggestions. In the worst case scenario, the 16 year olds will be one cabin away and the 18 yos down the hall (which as some of you have pointed out, they will probably prefer). I think it's bugging me more since we are travelling with two minors who are not ours. They are both very mature young ladies or I wouldn't have allowed my girls to bring them, but i feel an obligation to their parents to make sure I'm doing what i can to keep them close to us.

My TA is currently working with both the sales and the resolution department so I'm sure they will work something out. I just appreciate having a place to vent where people understand how i feel. i realize it's a first world problem, but when you plan a big trip for so long, you want everything to be perfect.

I have been on many lovely ships, but never the Oasis class, so we are definitely looking forward to sailing on the Allure. I've never been on a cruise yet where I didn't have fun, so I know this trip will be great too.

I am hoping that they just put all of you in the Presidential Family Suite... Ok.. I know it is rarely available... but that would be the perfect solution!!! I'm keeping my fingers crossed!!!

First let me say the idea of the people who were put into your dds room will not agree to move to Boardwalk Balcony because at this point any BWB will be far from the rear of the ship that gives the best view of the water. Too far towards the middle of the ship and you really don't have a water view from the balcony.

Next since you are considerate of the Grandparents not moving why don't you move down the hall and let all the girls stay in between the grandparents rooms. You could visit on balconys whenever you want and you and your DH will then be able to have your alone time also without hurting the grandparents feelings when you are not attached at the hip for 7 days lol. After all it won't be "your" fault for the separation.

To me this is the key point, Royal requires adjoining cabins but have themselves made a change which is in violation. Seems that Royal has stuffed up and needs to do the work of fixing it. Your TA needs to express this in strong terms and see what resolution Royal can suggest before you tie yourself up in knots trying to work something out. Good luck!

Just took a look at what's left to choose from in rooms. No suites at all...1 family ocean view way up front (think it was front) 2 boardwalk bal. and I think 2 C1s. I thought maybe if there was a decent room to get upgraded to it would help make the move nicer for one of the adults rooms. Looking like a full ship.

Thanks for the kind words and positive thoughts. Just what I needed.:) I'm leaving for FLL Saturday but this will be resolved one way or another tomorrow - no way I am leaving home without knowing exactly where we will all be. I promise to post once I learn our fate!

The Presidential Family Suite is showing up as not available to book on line... and not in the sold out category (for the June 22 Allure sailing)... Talk to your TA... this could solve all your problems if they would just upgrade you to this WONDERFUL gold card cabin!!! 4 bedrooms... 4 bathrooms... and the SUITE life... I would consider this a win... if you TA has any pull it is dooable!!! This would put the WOW back in your cruise...