Diamond and Up Drink Vouchers - List of Ships Using them

Does anyone know if there are going to be "limitations" on the drink types? In the "nightly Diamond event" there were only certain types drinks available. I believed that is the case in the DL also even though I think there is more variety in the DL (but no frozen drinks). If using it at "any lounge" will frozen drinks now be included? (Mr Ski doesn't drink but loves his frozen Non-alcoholic Miami Vice).

Does anyone know if there are going to be "limitations" on the drink types? In the "nightly Diamond event" there were only certain types drinks available. I believed that is the case in the DL also even though I think there is more variety in the DL (but no frozen drinks). If using it at "any lounge" will frozen drinks now be included? (Mr Ski doesn't drink but loves his frozen Non-alcoholic Miami Vice).

The drink vouchers will include the same limitations as the lounges do.

Any other Diamond Level members get an email from RCCL about some new benefits? Here is the crux of it:

Your SeaPass Card will be pre-loaded with three complimentary drink vouchers for each night of the sailing, which can be used during nightly lounge hours. Toast your way around the ship, on us!

Although we booked the Oasis about 2 wks. before our friend, we have been diamond members for some yrs. and I believe he only recently reached Diamond level, we haven't received such an email though we do rec'v. promotions etc. from them.

Just wondering if ALL of us Diamond Members will get this? Further on it mentions RCCL wants to roll this out fleet wide within the next few months.

Old news , check other threads

Any other Diamond Level members get an email from RCCL about some new benefits? Here is the crux of it:

Your SeaPass Card will be pre-loaded with three complimentary drink vouchers for each night of the sailing, which can be used during nightly lounge hours. Toast your way around the ship, on us!

Although we booked the Oasis about 2 wks. before our friend, we have been diamond members for some yrs. and I believe he only recently reached Diamond level, we haven't received such an email though we do rec'v. promotions etc. from them.

Just wondering if ALL of us Diamond Members will get this? Further on it mentions RCCL wants to roll this out fleet wide within the next few months.

I'm D+ and no email for me yet.

In other posts on these boards, someone mentioned that the 6/14 sailing of the Explorer was going to have the drink vouchers. Maybe if someone was on that cruise and experienced this they can fill us in on exactly how it worked, especially since I believe they only had a diamond event prior to this sailing. thanks

I would just like to get any email. Signed up time and time again for emails, both RCI and C&A and nothing. I do like the idea of the vouchers when cruising with friends, but I also love the DL and CL. Just give me my mimosa and I'm a happy camper., but I really want an email (winnnnne!)

I would just like to get any email. Signed up time and time again for emails, both RCI and C&A and nothing. I do like the idea of the vouchers when cruising with friends, but I also love the DL and CL. Just give me my mimosa and I'm a happy camper., but I really want an email (winnnnne!)

I didn't get this email on vouchers but finally after 2 years got back onto their mailing list for usual stuff. But I was a very squeaky wheel!! Many of us are just dropped off their list.:confused:

Write C&A about it and if you still don't get any emails from RCL, I would keep that C&A reply and then Reply to that in a string of emails about still not getting it. :rolleyes:

I applied on RCL web site and someone recently said to delete your old email address and re-enter it again into your Profile

Good luck!!!

I got my e-mail for the Oasis in May of '15 = but that will be old news by then!:D

I was getting the e-mails, but they were falling into the "Promotions" tab on my Gmail, so I wasn't seeing them. I tend to get so many e-mails under that tab each day I just delete the whole bunch. I moved RCI back over to "primary" so I will see this kind of stuff in the future.

Edited by Sunny AZ Girl

Somehow I see a thread I posted yesterday was placed into the body of another thread someone had started re: the new Diamond and up benefit re: the 3 drinks per day thing. (Maybe a moderator blended the 2 threads, which is ok by me.) Like others, as long as I get the benefit loaded onto my sign and sail card, the email isn't important. I initially had only been trying to figure out if it was a special perk random Diamond members who had rec'd. an email were going to get.

Jared, I see the thinking in what you are saying and agree it certainly will make it a lot more enjoyable when there are mixed groups of friends/relatives when not all are Diamond members (as in our case, as will be traveling with friends next yr. and not all are Diamond members). On the Legend, some of the Diamond Plus people from our roll call and others were taking their beverages in the regular Diamond Lounge (showroom stand in lounge) where most people were gathering. (Think it had something to do w/we got sauce for our chicken wings when the other lounge didn't, lol!) This time we'll be able stick w/non-diamond friends that we are specifically cruising with for pre dinner drinks. :D

I didn't get that email, but I've gotten a ton of various sale promo emails lately.

Me, too! If I get one more email asking me to sign up for MTD that I'm already signed up for, I'm going to scream.....................

Hi any Brits had the email, I've just spoken to C&A who say it is only available to American guests. :-(

Keith

That does not seem to be correct info, if you go by the September date of fleet wide implementation. I believe there will still be 3 ships based in the UK in September.

The September implementation date was widely rumored on my Vision sailing last week. Also, rumored was that there would no longer be overflow lounges. So it looks like those nice evening snacks that accompanied the drinks are a thing of the past except in the CL or DL.

I hate the whole idea of vouchers. They had them on the cruise we did on Infinity in May and it took away a big social part of the cruise. I know you can be social anywhere but it's just nice to relax for a while. There is no dedicated lounge on Infinity.

So will there still be a D Lounge with the evening event as usual? We enjoy going to the D Lounge, meeting fellow cruisers and chatting for a while. The feel with the vouchers just isn't the same. I can see how it helps those cruising with friends who aren't D.

Edited by joandian

I hate the whole idea of vouchers. They had them on the cruise we did on Infinity in May and it took away a big social part of the cruise. I know you can be social anywhere but it's just nice to relax for a while.

My point is... We enjoy going to the D Lounge, meeting fellow cruisers and chatting for a while. The feel with the vouchers just isn't the same. Oh well, since we are D+ I guess we will go to the Concierge lounge instead, unless that is going to be the same.

Both the DL and CL will be open and have regular service. This is an additional option. It is your option to choose where you'd like to enjoy your evening drinks; in the DL, CL, pool bar, schooner bar, R bar, theater, etc.

Like minded individuals will still go to lounges, those that want to mix it up or who are traveling with others that don't have lounge access now have additional options. If anything, this should free up lounge space for you and help ensure more attentive service. It's a win-win as far as I can see.

As far as closing overflow lounges; on a ship such as Oasis/Allure there are SO MANY bars that it would add whole new dimensions to your experiences instead of being shoved into the coal mine, I mean Blazes.

Both the DL and CL will be open and have regular service. This is an additional option. It is your option to choose where you'd like to enjoy your evening drinks; in the DL, CL, pool bar, schooner bar, R bar, theater, etc.

Like minded individuals will still go to lounges, those that want to mix it up or who are traveling with others that don't have lounge access now have additional options. If anything, this should free up lounge space for you and help ensure more attentive service. It's a win-win as far as I can see.

As far as closing overflow lounges; on a ship such as Oasis/Allure there are SO MANY bars that it would add whole new dimensions to your experiences instead of being shoved into the coal mine, I mean Blazes.

I agree, as long as they keep the lounges as they are now, it's a win/win for all.