Just back from marina

ronrick1943

Just got back from the “Marina”, had a good time however I’m wondering if Oceania

is cutting back on general cabin maintenance. We had several things go wrong in

Our Oceania Suite. 1/ Deck door got locked and had to have service to get it unlocked, then it wouldn’t lock (took two days to get fixed). 2/Bathroom flooded two times from leak under shower. 3/ Came back one night from dinner and had workmen in bathroom taking the toilet apart. Had a nice day (sunny) so we when to take a Jacuzzi outside the suite, not working-had to have workmen come to fix it, that also took two days.

About dining, all restaurants super good, with the exception of the Grand Dining Room, (food good, but service really bad) and Polo one of my favorite - service was more like order takers than service driven.

You may not agree but that’s OK, this is the way I see it. This is are 7th cruise on "O".

Also have the best Butler “Churchill” and the best Room Stewart ever-they made the trip for us.

Rick

Thanks for the cabin number. We are in 12009 and would have changed cabins if we were staying in the same cabin you had. Bummer about the plumbing and maintenance issues while on board.

Did you receive any apologies or OBC for the cabin issues?

Hi and welcome home.

What storeroom cabin were you in?

We are going on Marina very shortly and want to be prepared.

Thanks.

You must live a large mansion if you consider an Oceania Suite a storeroom :eek:

Edited by LHT28

I questioned using a smartphone Obviously it is not too smart as when I put stateroom it came up storeroom. You never saw the next thread that printed correctly. No mansion either.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Forums mobile app

I questioned using a smartphone Obviously it is not too smart as when I put stateroom it came up storeroom. You never saw the next thread that printed correctly. No mansion either.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Forums mobile app

Just kidding :D

It was cold, we were on the Viking Passage and the North Sea Coasts. But I don't mind the cold. The suite is in the back of the ship which I perfer.

Also Communications wasn't so good on the ship, we got 3 invitations to parties from people we didn't even know (it was a mistake), and we got an invitation to a dinner that we shouldn't have gotten. We also had a mix-up on a dinner night. However all got taken care of and we still had a great time.

Rick

We booked dinner at Privee, is it worth it? Yes it is, how for $250.00 they really need to improve on the service. Way to much time between course's, not ready with the water. However I have to say it was worth the money, but service does need to improve a lot.

Had a Cocktail party in the suite, 10 people. We ordered Hors d' oeuvres. Served right on time, the chef did an outstanding job. We ordered from the $12.00 per person from the menu. Not only did it look good but tasted great.

Rick

Just got back from the “Marina”, had a good time however I’m wondering if Oceania

is cutting back on general cabin maintenance. We had several things go wrong in

Our Oceania Suite. 1/ Deck door got locked and had to have service to get it unlocked, then it wouldn’t lock (took two days to get fixed). 2/Bathroom flooded two times from leak under shower. 3/ Came back one night from dinner and had workmen in bathroom taking the toilet apart. Had a nice day (sunny) so we when to take a Jacuzzi outside the suite, not working-had to have workmen come to fix it, that also took two days.

About dining, all restaurants super good, with the exception of the Grand Dining Room, (food good, but service really bad) and Polo one of my favorite - service was more like order takers than service driven.

You may not agree but that’s OK, this is the way I see it. This is are 7th cruise on "O".

Also have the best Butler “Churchill” and the best Room Stewart ever-they made the trip for us.

Rick

We also just returned from the North Sea Coasts and Baltic Marvels cruises on the Marina. Sorry you had so many maintenance issues with your suite. During the second week (Baltic Marvels) the 11th and 12th floors were experiencing issues with the toilets not flushing. They were very quick to respond and we were told that someone had been flushing face cloths down the toilets! :eek:

We were also on the 11th floor and wish we had seen Churchill! Have had him as a butler on a prior cruise and love him! He is so cheery, upbeat and funny!

Roseann

We also just returned from the North Sea Coasts and Baltic Marvels cruises on the Marina. Sorry you had so many maintenance issues with your suite. During the second week (Baltic Marvels) the 11th and 12th floors were experiencing issues with the toilets not flushing. They were very quick to respond and we were told that someone had been flushing face cloths down the toilets! :eek:

We were also on the 11th floor and wish we had seen Churchill! Have had him as a butler on a prior cruise and love him! He is so cheery, upbeat and funny!

Roseann

Besides "O" being a good cruise line-Churchill was just the best-if it wasn't for him we would have never got to the right person regarding the maintenance problem(s). When asked what I wanted-I said nothing, I just wanted someone in management to listen. They said WOW.....thanks! But really we had a great time, a few problems with maintenance isn't going to spoil are trip. Rick

Roseann

Hi Roseann

Interesting...we also had issues with slow flushes on 7. If we tried again in about 15 minutes we usually met with success. Was the situation worse on 11 and 12?

Marian

Hi Roseann

Interesting...we also had issues with slow flushes on 7. If we tried again in about 15 minutes we usually met with success. Was the situation worse on 11 and 12?

Marian

I think so...We had one problem that was only are cabin with the push button. Then later we had the other problem because of what some did in the system. If I recall right it happen around 4 or 5 times. But was always fixed fast.

Rick

Hi Roseann

Marian

Hi Marian,

I believe it was worse on 11 and 12, but as Rick stated, the ship's staff were very quick to address and fix the issue each time.

Hope you had a great time in Stockholm--we loved it!

Roseann

Hi Marian,

I believe it was worse on 11 and 12, but as Rick stated, the ship's staff were very quick to address and fix the issue each time.

Hope you had a great time in Stockholm--we loved it!

Roseann

Actually, Stockholm was our favorite of all the cities. We would go back there in a heartbeat. The sites in St. Petersburg were great, but even on a small group tour, it's hard to get a feel for a city.

Marian

• 3 weeks later...

We were also on Baltic Explorer July11-23 in Oceania suite 11080... Opposite side of ship from Rick at ImageUploadedByForums1406218221.251880.jpg.34d18f687905584b8d343986c1bbe9e9.jpgaft. We had zero issues with maintenance. We have booked 2015 in 11083... So hope it was just a one time thing!

11080 photos for those considering. Our 4 th cruise with Oceania. First time on Marina. Suite is same size as Owners Suites on Nautica, Insignia and Regatta...but space i seems so so much bigger.If you love the Aft of ship...you will love these 2 suites.

#oceaniacruises, #oceaniamarina

Sent from my iPad using Forums

ImageUploadedByForums1406218010.733832.jpg.a4472dd2365d7b7155daaed46f2dd866.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1406218089.771180.jpg.78fc85a10c75c9d1ea1004479479025b.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1406218147.228727.jpg.434ba8fd06490a0f68cef522733ac0c2.jpg

Update...Just realized...we were on the ship the west after Rick sailed the Baltic's. 12 days of chatting with fellow travelers on deck 11 heard no cabin or suite complaints...so ...hopefully...they were corrected for our cruise. It always amazes me how they turn around the ship so quickly.

Sent from my iPad using Forums