Cape Liberty to LaGuardia

Our ship (Quantum) arrives at 7:00AM on a Friday, and we would like to book an 11:55AM flight at LaGuardia. Is this doable? Can we make this? We're OK with carrying off our own luggage.

I would assume Royal offers a shuttle to LGA. Anyone know the cost? Or would we be better arranging for a private car? And how long would it take to get to LGA on a Friday morning?

thanks for your help.

Our ship (Quantum) arrives at 7:00AM on a Friday, and we would like to book an 11:55AM flight at LaGuardia. Is this doable? Can we make this? We're OK with carrying off our own luggage.

I would assume Royal offers a shuttle to LGA. Anyone know the cost? Or would we be better arranging for a private car? And how long would it take to get to LGA on a Friday morning?

You DEFINITELY need another plan. Have you ever been in rush hour in NYC? To get to LGA you either have to go through Manhattan or south to Staten Island, then Brooklyn, then Queens. I assume you must have some reason to choose LGA over EWR, but it better be a good one.

Thom

Edited by TravelerThom

No shuttle to LGA. You must book a private car service or go to the taxi dispatcher at Cape Liberty to get transportation.

11:55 is definitely too early. No one knows how well the Quantum is going to work at Cape Liberty. If the terminal is not complete, they will be using shuttle buses to haul 4000+ folks off the ship.

No....

There is no cruise shuttle to LGA, you'll not make this flight.

Honestly, can you change to EWR....still might be pushing it as who knows what will happen....but you're not going to be to LGA in time for a flight that early.

Heck EWR is only 20-ish minutes away and the shuttle from the cruise line technically is only for flights AFTER 1 PM.....

PLUS you're traveling on a FRIDAY (not sure when, you didn't say and I have signatures off) during rush hour...you'll need at least 60 minutes to get there...and probably 60 to check in and through security...that's a minimum...

You're looking at at least $100 for a private car service, and that's a guesstimate...

Cape Liberty is in NJ...much of the savings you would get flying into JFK or LGA will be eaten up in transportation....

Edited by megr1125

You definitely should not do it. Your ship arrives at 7:00 but if it doesn't clear customs for whatever reason they do not allow anyone off the ship. It has happened to us one time in Ft. Lauderdale. Luckily we had extended our vacation by a few days so it didn't matter what time we got to the hotel.

Besides that I am from the area and on a good day with you being the only person on the road which is extremely unlikely its going to take you over an hour from port to airport. Why don't you try to fly out of Newark...it's much closer.

If LGA is your only option, book a later flight. This airport is on the north side of Long Island. While the distance doesn't look like much, the traffic is a nightmare!

I agree with the others. If you must fly out of LGA, pick a later flight. If you do that you'll see NYC traffic and the transit costs. If you have not been there before (or even if you have), perhaps consider staying over night(s) to enjoy some of the attractive things about NYC, then fly out.

LGA is the last airport that I would choose to travel, especially while cruising. EWR is the only airport I fly out of locally. While it is a close 15 minutes away from port, I wouldn't book a flight that early from EWR either. I'm sure EWR's flights cost a little more, but being from Hudson County, now living in SI (all 5-10 mins apart), I willingly spend the extra to leave out of EWR. Also, to travel from EWR to port is a easier more direct shot. LGA to port you travel through a few boroughs, and not a easy shot. Hope the information helps.

EWR , Newark would have been soooo much easier and closer .

LGA on a Friday can be a horror story.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Thanks for all your good thoughts on this. We shall fly out of Newark instead as I did find a good flight that will work.

Thanks for all your good thoughts on this. We shall fly out of Newark instead as I did find a good flight that will work.

Good call. I'm in NJ 36 miles from LGA - took me 2-1/2 hrs. to get home one Sunday afternoon.

• 1 month later...