Name on luggage tags?

SA71

Leaving in 34 days on Alaska cruise out of Vancouver BC. Ordered luggage tags two weeks ago and they arrived today in the mail. The question I have is that there is only tags in my name (6 tags sent) and none in the name of my cabin partner. I booked the room and paid for it so I presume that is the reason and we just put my tags on her bags? Thanks.

Our cabin was occupied by both my husband and I and X sent luggage tags with both our names. We each had maybe 3 or 4 tags with our name on it. Do both of your names show up in your reservation? If so, not sure why this happened. Maybe someone else can chime in.

Yes both names show on the reservation. Perhaps her's will come in a separate mailing. A third member of our party in a second cabin also got his tags today.

Who knows? As long as the cabin number is correct on the tags, I wouldn't worry about it. Just put some of yours on her bags.

Yes that is what i figured. Thanks.

The only thing necessary on the luggage tag is the cabin number. That determines where the bag will be delivered.

Many bags are checked in with no name on the luggage tag at all.

You could put my brother's dog's name on your luggage tag and it will be delivered to your cabin, as long as you have the correct cabin number on the tag. :)

Really?! Only US and Canada get luggage tags! I am sure I had some last time I went on Eclipse! I thought I was directed to a web page to print them off with my cruise docs and Express Pass.
They do provide a sample where you can print them yourself if you wish. There are some people who like to do that and even decorate their luggage tags however they wish.

But it certainly is not necessary, and for most of us not worth the time or effort.

Just a reminder, for security reasons today they recommend that you don't put your name or address on your luggage as the crooks look for that knowing that you won't be home. All you need is your reservation number for the air line or cruise and they should be able to determine who it belongs to.