Royal moving to Asia

Yes. http://www.royalcaribbeanpresscenter.com/press-release/1095/royal-caribbean-announces-2015-16-deployment-for-new-york-and-galveston/

In order to keep stock prices rising while combating a stagnant Caribbean market, RCCL is turning to emerging markets in Asia. The Asian economy is outpacing that of the west, therefore speculation is for waves of disposable income. RCCL would be remiss if not to explore this opportunity and with some of its groundbreaking ships.

They are committed to keep their customer base content. While some have seen cutbacks and cost-cutting measures implemented the impact on one's overall cruise vacation is minimal. Looking ahead, RCCL will debut two Oasis-class ships and a third Quantum-class.

Let me guess you have a few shares of Royal Caribbean stock.:D

By any measure, USA is still a great country, a superpower no less. But increasingly, many countries are growing strongly.

We have had to travel long distances to cruise and we see it as part of the experience, whether it is sailing out of Southampton, Rome or Sydney.

Thank you, well said. I have been fortunate to cruise to/from five different continents & look forward to visiting Singapore & southeast Asia someday. I, for one, am happy to see ships being deployed to different areas of the world.

By any measure, USA is still a great country, a superpower no less. But increasingly, many countries are growing strongly.

We have had to travel long distances to cruise and we see it as part of the experience, whether it is sailing out of Southampton, Rome or Sydney.

This was very well said. Sometimes it is hard for my fellow Americans to realize that we aren't the sole leader and economic powerhouse we once were. I try to keep it in perspective and remember it isn't a bad thing to have many successful, economically prosperous nations! But, as is human nature, it can be hard to accept such change.

The key is seeing this as an opportunity. For so long no one would have dreamed of homeporting a major ship in Asia, there simply was no market. And, as I don't like land tours, I likely would have never seen this part of the world. Now, I have so many options to do so!

I hope to see Singapore soon, the culture looks so beautiful.

Sorry, I don't really understand your requirements for the website.

Is this website supposed to showcase a certain country or city? Or more like a travel-type of website?

A site suitable for 9 & 10 year olds to see places in Singapore while I am there. I send emails with pictures, but it is so much fun for them to look at my schedule, see where I am and explore that place on the web. Language Arts teacher then has them write about what they saw, social studies has them doing a project for a surprise to give me on, in this case Singapore, as a welcome back "surprise". The teachers also agree on a famous person from there and they do 'lots' of 'research' on them. It is a way for them to see the world. Hope this clarifies my request some. If not do not worry. The sites are always there and will be found before I go.

I for one, am loving the fact Royal is finally realising the huge potential in bringing ships over to Asia and Australia! After many trips from Australia to the U.S and Europe, purely to cruise Royal (including a number of trips the Australian dollar was so poor against the US we were getting 50c to our dollar = ouch!!! Just pay and don't convert the sea pass account!!) we are loving the newer ships making their way down under! While the cruises are not cheap here (some of hue gem are so expensive it would be cheaper for me to fly to the US and cruise!) it does mean an hours flight to Sydney as opposed to a 24 hour plus flight to Florida - and now with a 20 month old that is the last thing we want to do!!!

Hopefully if the Asian market provides a huge boom to RCI's bottom line, they will put some of that surplus back into their entire fleet to reduce/rollback some of the cost cutting measures they have put in place.

Wishful thinking anyway! :rolleyes:

Dan.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Forums mobile app

A site suitable for 9 & 10 year olds to see places in Singapore while I am there. I send emails with pictures, but it is so much fun for them to look at my schedule, see where I am and explore that place on the web. Language Arts teacher then has them write about what they saw, social studies has them doing a project for a surprise to give me on, in this case Singapore, as a welcome back "surprise". The teachers also agree on a famous person from there and they do 'lots' of 'research' on them. It is a way for them to see the world. Hope this clarifies my request some. If not do not worry. The sites are always there and will be found before I go.

For a start, I think your best bet would be our official tourism website -

http://www.yoursingapore.com/content/traveller/en/experience.html

The site has write-ups as well as links to all the various places of attraction.

As for interesting topics for them to research on, if you let me know what are the areas of interest and I can see if I can help find the resources.

In terms of learning more about Singapore and our history, there are quite a number of good Youtube videos.

Some links:

The Fall of Singapore (The Great Betrayal) - BBC Documentary

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Vig-N7kLxo

Battlefront - Fall of Singapore (National Geographic)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NX1ZqEWtu0

Generals at War - The Battle of Singapore

Megastructures - World's Busiest Port

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZyBWa3PRtQ

History of Singapore Channel

This was very well said. Sometimes it is hard for my fellow Americans to realize that we aren't the sole leader and economic powerhouse we once were. I try to keep it in perspective and remember it isn't a bad thing to have many successful, economically prosperous nations! But, as is human nature, it can be hard to accept such change.

The key is seeing this as an opportunity. For so long no one would have dreamed of homeporting a major ship in Asia, there simply was no market. And, as I don't like land tours, I likely would have never seen this part of the world. Now, I have so many options to do so!

I hope to see Singapore soon, the culture looks so beautiful.

A bit like us Brits thinking we are fab at football :D

From a UK perspective I can't wait to sail Royal in Asia. I have been to HK but like you I don't like land tours and think this is a fab opportunity. Can't wait.

Edited by Adayatatime

I for one, am loving the fact Royal is finally realising the huge potential in bringing ships over to Asia and Australia! After many trips from Australia to the U.S and Europe, purely to cruise Royal (including a number of trips the Australian dollar was so poor against the US we were getting 50c to our dollar = ouch!!! Just pay and don't convert the sea pass account!!) we are loving the newer ships making their way down under! While the cruises are not cheap here (some of hue gem are so expensive it would be cheaper for me to fly to the US and cruise!) it does mean an hours flight to Sydney as opposed to a 24 hour plus flight to Florida - and now with a 20 month old that is the last thing we want to do!!!

How fantastic. If ships sail from you what is likely to be the itinerary? I'm getting really excited now!

It is disappointing to see virtually the entire Voyager class move away. However, regarding Oasis and Allure, they are only in Europe as a consequence of their dry docks that take place in Rotterdam. I also thought Anthem was coming to Bayonne year round.

I think you will find that the Anthem is homing in Southampton UK

I agree. As much as I wanted to try Oasis/Allure, I didn't like paying those prices for those ports. Many ships, for much less, go to the same and better ports. And, I'm sure the other cruise lines are building more innovative ships to compete against. I understand the ship is the thing, but for how much longer can they charge premium prices for the same old ports?

I'm finally going on Oasis; I grabbed it as soon as I saw it was in Europe. I'm also planning on being on Quantum in Asia.

IMO the Oasis class is the wrong ships to sail in Europe with. Europe is very port intensive and cruise on OA is for the ship not the ports.

IMO the Oasis class is the wrong ships to sail in Europe with. Europe is very port intensive and cruise on OA is for the ship not the ports.

Not the cruise I'm on - short 5 nights, with 2 sea days and 2 Italian ports (leaving from Barcelona, where I will be staying a few nights before). It's a perfect compromise. But, I agree with your statement - I wouldn't do the 7 night itinerary that they are doing next year with Allure.

Depends how far from UK s sails. If it is a longer cruise to, say, Greece and Turkey, there are lots of sea days too.

Does anyone else feel as though Royal is sending all its best ships to Asia?

I know that where they think the money is right now but the reason they were able to build these newer and better ships is because of all the money they made over here in the United States.

I don't feel like all their best ships are going to Asia... just a couple are, and none unique.

As for the second part about all the money coming from America, more than half of their passengers are non-American, so that claim is simply wrong.

Just a bit agravating to see the ships that were essentially built off the business in the US leaving to the other hemisphere while the older ships(nothing wrong with them) stay here

Well, we've been building the market with one of the oldest ships, Rhapsody for about 7 years. Then we built it further with Radiance. And now we're building it further with Voyager.

So we're building RCL progressively, just as was done there. And no new ship joy here.

Edited by The_Big_M

Disappointed guess we will not be sailing out of Bayonne in 2015.Would love to see a Voyager class ship there.:)

A Freedom class ship (Liberty of the Seas) will sailing out of Bayonne from May to the end of October in 2015. Anthem doesn't get their until November 2015.

I don't feel like all their best ships are going to Asia... just a couple are, and none unique.

The Quantum is going to China and is she not unique?

No more than any other ship with others in the same class.

She has a sister in Anthem, and then another sister after that.

Edited by The_Big_M

China (Shanghai, Tianjin) is a summer port, and not a year-round port.

I wonder where the Quantum will be deployed to, during the Chinese winter months.

Australia? Singapore? Some other place?

According to RCL, she'll be based on Shanghai year round.

http://www.royalcaribbeanpresscenter.com/press-release/1094/china-is-new-home-for-royal-caribbean-internationals-quantum-of-the-seas/