Kids sail free coming back

We have two cruises booked within the upcoming 'kids sail free' promotional dates. I did a mock booking for both cruises, last night, using two adults to see the current price. I then manually added the taxes/port charges for DS.

The problem we have is that since we booked these trips pretty early, the cruise prices are now way up! I don't see 'kids sail free' working for us this time around unless they also drop the price on the first and second person, and I don't see that happening!

Good luck to those who can take advantage. :)

I am looking to book a cruise for 3 of us. I can do it today and pay $400 per person deposit or I can wait until the July 1 sale and hopefully get a better price and maybe even a reduced deposit and more. Of course, I know I can book today and then cancel and rebook but here is my

question...

Does anyone think that the prices for the 1st and 2nd pax will actually go up on July 1st? Thus, when they give the 3rd person free, you are actually paying somewhat more for the 1st and 2nd pax on a July 1st booking versus booking today and just paying the fairly reasonable IMHO current quoted price?

in other words, for those of us who live and breath cruising and for those who have actually taken advantage of 3rd person free deals...is it really going to save me money to wait until July1st or is it just a reshuffling of the per person prices to make it look like a deal and will prices for 1st and 2nd actually increase?

btw we we going for "steerage" cabins lol

Edited by luvtheships

We have two cruises booked within the upcoming 'kids sail free' promotional dates. I did a mock booking for both cruises, last night, using two adults to see the current price. I then manually added the taxes/port charges for DS.

The problem we have is that since we booked these trips pretty early, the cruise prices are now way up! I don't see 'kids sail free' working for us this time around unless they also drop the price on the first and second person, and I don't see that happening!

Good luck to those who can take advantage. :)

this is what I am concerned about. The price I see right now is actually good enough for me to book it. If I wait until July 1st I feel the price for 3 will still be the same or maybe even more.

of course there might be OBC or something thrown in on July 1st.

question...

Does anyone think that the prices for the 1st and 2nd pax will actually go up on July 1st? Thus, when they give the 3rd person free, you are actually paying somewhat more for the 1st and 2nd pax on a July 1st booking versus booking today and just paying the fairly reasonable IMHO current quoted price?

in other words, for those of us who live and breath cruising and for those who have actually taken advantage of 3rd person free deals...is it really going to save me money to wait until July1st or is it just a reshuffling of the per person prices to make it look like a deal and will prices for 1st and 2nd actually increase?

Your observation is very astute - seldom does 'NCL' offer a promotion that really saves you money. A good place to research the movement on price would be at the website you get when you Google 'Cruise Fish'.

I am looking to book a cruise for 3 of us. I can do it today and pay $400 per person deposit or I can wait until the July 1 sale and hopefully get a better price and maybe even a reduced deposit and more. Of course, I know I can book today and then cancel and rebook but here is my

question...

It is a crapshoot, I booked a suite on the last KSF and the price of pass 1 & 2 went up only after the promotion ended (and has remained at the higher price since) I also had priced out another date and that price had gone up (but that was during a dash sale) so there really is no answer.

My best suggestion to you would to put a courtesy hold on the room you want on June 30th to lock in the current price and if need be call NCL on July 1st and have them reprice it if the KSF benefits you, that way you have both options.

this is what I am concerned about. The price I see right now is actually good enough for me to book it. If I wait until July 1st I feel the price for 3 will still be the same or maybe even more.

of course there might be OBC or something thrown in on July 1st.

To clarify, I can't say what this KSF promo will bring, but I will tell you that a friend and I booked a cruise taking our kiddos last December on the Pearl just because of the KSF promo. Neither family had planned to book another cruise for 2013. During the KSF promo for that sailing, I had been watching the prices and they did not raise the 1st and 2nd passenger price when the KSF rolled out.

In the example I posted, our B2B family cruise was booked when the itineraries became available (booked it almost 2 years out) so the prices are up simply from demand, not because of the upcoming rollout of KSF. The prices have been up for awhile.

question...

Can't say what will happen on yours, but this was our experience with the last KSF sale... We had been booked in a mid level balcony cabin before the sale. We were able to upgrade to a MA mini suite (on epic) during the sale since our third passenger was free and it was still $80 less than we had paid for the balcony room to start with. We were very happy since our son will be 10 months old during the cruise and we could really use the extra space for his pack n play and the bath tub!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've been looking to book a four day Bahama's cruise out of Miami, Aug. 4, 2014 (Norwegian Sky). We'll be in Florida the first two weeks of August and was looking to initiate our 4 year old daughter to cruising (Wife and I have not been on a cruise since having her :() I was just about to book until I read this thread (Thanks for posting it BTW). Can anyone let me know if this sailing is included in the promo. I can't find any info anywhere and would really appreciate any info. On a side note I don't understand why a 4 year old's fare is only 50$ cheaper than an adult. Kids this age eat like birds and end up squeezing into our room anyway not taking up extra space.

I believe what you are seeing is the "average" price per person. When they revamped the website the prices you first see are for an average price/person. You won't see the actual price pp until you finalize your cruise. I am not sure what NCL charges for a third person for a four day cruise but on a seven day the third person rate is $249. Maybe someone else give the rate for a four day cruise. Hope this helps...

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Forums mobile app

I've been looking to book a four day Bahama's cruise out of Miami, Aug. 4, 2014 (Norwegian Sky). We'll be in Florida the first two weeks of August and was looking to initiate our 4 year old daughter to cruising (Wife and I have not been on a cruise since having her :() I was just about to book until I read this thread (Thanks for posting it BTW). Can anyone let me know if this sailing is included in the promo. I can't find any info anywhere and would really appreciate any info. On a side note I don't understand why a 4 year old's fare is only 50$ cheaper than an adult. Kids this age eat like birds and end up squeezing into our room anyway not taking up extra space.

The reason kids are priced that way is because the ship has a certain capacity of people, does not matter the age matters the head count based on the lifeboats. So basically they are a body, they really don't care how much they eat or how much space the take up they count towards capacity so they charge that way. I'm not sure if the way I explained it makes sense but that's the reason.

The reason kids are priced that way is because the ship has a certain capacity of people, does not matter the age matters the head count based on the lifeboats. So basically they are a body, they really don't care how much they eat or how much space the take up they count towards capacity so they charge that way. I'm not sure if the way I explained it makes sense but that's the reason.

It makes sense I guess. Economically IMO, it makes less sense. All I know is my wife and I discovered cruising on our honeymoon and did a few after that loving the vacation experience. When we had a child, the thought of paying close to full price (or third person rate) for a baby/toddler seemed nuts. We stayed away from cruising and vacationed in Caribbean resorts, where most times children under a certain age were completely free (no taxes and definitely no port fees) That's four years of my vacation dollar that could have went to the cruise industry going elsewhere (and I'm sure we're not the only ones). Not everyone is savvy enough to wait for KSF deals or demand price drop credits. They get quotes from their travel agents and get discouraged. The proof is there. The cruises I am looking at now are barely a month away and plenty of space left (during primo family vacation time). Prices seem to be going in a downward spiral tempting me to wait till the very last minute.

So back to my question. Anyone know if this deal will apply to August 2014 sailings out of Miami?

It will be available on NCL.com on or about July 1st. From what I understood it includes most sailings through May of 2015. The fine print will explain it all.

Through April 2015 and it looks like most summer 2014, Thanksgiving week and Christmas/New Years week cruises are NOT included. And it starts on July 1st, not "on or about"

Thanks for this post. I love me some "KSF" promo's and try to book almost every cruise that way. I compare prices all the time and I have always saved $$ by doing this promo. :)

As far as the 3rd person fare, that rate is the same for every cabin on the ship on that sailing date. So, it's a bargain in the upper suites, but may actually be more than the first 2 fares in the more economical cabins one prices have come down.

Also, there is no "children's" fares on most of the cruise lines now, they've gone to a 3rd - 8th guest fare....so the pricing is the same if it's an infant or an adult in that space.

The baby, under age 3, doesn't have the DSC (discretionary service charge).

***With Kids sail free you will see an average price per person listed at first, taking the first 2 full fares and the other free fares and adding together and dividing by the number of guests in the cabin. Once you select the cabin and see the total price on the right side of the page click below that in the "details" to see the actual price per person breakdown. This clears up the "average price per person" confusion that comes up when you first see pricing.

Margaret :)

Edited by Got Tequila?

It is a crapshoot, I booked a suite on the last KSF and the price of pass 1 & 2 went up only after the promotion ended (and has remained at the higher price since) I also had priced out another date and that price had gone up (but that was during a dash sale) so there really is no answer.

My best suggestion to you would to put a courtesy hold on the room you want on June 30th to lock in the current price and if need be call NCL on July 1st and have them reprice it if the KSF benefits you, that way you have both options.

When I called the TA that booked us, they said they would wait and reprice the KSF offer on July 1st to see if in fact it would save us over what we currently have booked. She mentioned that there are times when your prior in advance booking may price out better.

I am not sure what NCL charges for a third person for a four day cruise but on a seven day the third person rate is $249.

There is no such thing as fixed rate for extra persons on any cruise length.

It all varies by ship, cruise date and itinerary - rate for extra persons on any cruise can be anything, even higher than the rate for first two passengers (this usually happens on high-season cruises when ship is close to full capacity and they try to steer people to book extra cabins that would otherwise need to be left empty if there are too many third+ passengers in other cabins).

But back to the actual topic of this thread:

I'm too waiting for the actual info about this promo to emerge - there is already a promo page on ncl.com but the link to T&C doesn't work (yet) and the link to "Select sailings" is just a link to generic search page without any parameters.

Edited by Demonyte

It all varies by ship, cruise date and itinerary - rate for extra persons on any cruise can be anything, even higher than the rate for first two passengers (this usually happens on high-season cruises when ship is close to full capacity and they try to steer people to book extra cabins that would otherwise need to be left empty if there are too many third+ passengers in other cabins).

But back to the actual topic of this thread:

I'm too waiting for the actual info about this promo to emerge - there is already a promo page on ncl.com but the link to T&C doesn't work (yet) and the link to "Select sailings" is just a link to generic search page without any parameters.

It looks like select sailings from Sept 2014 through Feb 28, 2015.

It looks like select sailings from Sept 2014 through Feb 28, 2015.

That's too bad if it's true (given that people in this thread have talked about April/May too), for medical reasons we most likely can't fly to US next year and Jan/Feb in Med is way too cold -- personally I'm hoping to postpone our already booked cruise from Mar to May. :D

I was able to book May 23, Jewel to Alaska with the kids sail free.

I just found this on another site

That's right! If you act now, the 3rd and 4th passengers sharing a cabin with 2 others who are paying full price get to sail for free! Savings like this are rare, so hurry and start planning your escape today!

ACT FAST - SPACE IS LIMITED

Search Norwegian cruises

Additional Terms & Conditions

Offer is valid only for new individual bookings made between 7/1/14 and 8/2/14 in select category staterooms on select Norwegian Alaska, Bahamas, Bermuda, Caribbean, and Europe sailings departing between 8/22/14 and 5/31/15. Not all dates in this range qualify. Offer is valid for third through eighth guest sharing a cabin with the first and second guest paying full fare.

Other restrictions may apply. Not combinable with all fares; may not be combined with any other offer. Deposit is required. Offer is subject to availability, capacity-controlled, limited by the cruise line, and may be changed or withdrawn at any time without notice.

Just called and upgraded our 2 br suite to a 2 br haven suite on the Jade for our December Med cruise, Saved 400 dollars from the original fare.

Very happy to have the indoor haven mini pool and hot tub in December.

good news..locked in a courtesy hold with no payment required on June 30th, called on July 1st, saved $600 got $25 OBC and got the deposit reduced from $1200 to $400!

just an fyi, the ncl rep I spoke with could not have been more pleasant or well informed. Trust me I know TA knowledge when I hear it..or don't hear it! lol

Edited by luvtheships

Agreed. I've paid as little as $199, and as much as $899 for the 3rd person.