Price of drinks aboard the marina

kerrianno

Does anyone know the price of drinks (ex: Malibu rum and coke)? We are trying to decide between the drink package and just purchasing as we go. Also, can you bring your own liquor on board? Thanks!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just a little bit down the page you will find this thread regarding liquor prices and policies regarding bringing your own: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2059960

I think there is a link within it that will take you to a sample drink menu. I will do some more checking. Good luck, and I know others will respond quickly and better than this!!!

Donna

Go to this page

http://www.oceaniacruises.com/ships/marina/restaurants/lounges.aspx

Select one of the lounges, you will find an option to view a sample drink menu.

That was from a thread that addressed your exact question last week:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2017940&highlight=drink+prices

That person was also deciding what to do about buying a package or pay-as-you-go.

Good wishes.

Donna

Edited by Toranut97

Does anyone know the price of drinks (ex: Malibu rum and coke)? We are trying to decide between the drink package and just purchasing as we go. Also, can you bring your own liquor on board? Thanks!!

Good brands (both wine and spirits) will be $10-$12 plus tips. Basically 4-5 drinks per day equates to premier package.

Good brands (both wine and spirits) will be $10-$12 plus tips. Basically 4-5 drinks per day equates to premier package.

Plus tips, indeed...

Remember that an 18% Service charge is added to all Bar purchases on Oceania, whereas if you sign up for a Beverage Package, the daily fee covers everything.

We use the OBC credits from our T.A. to pay for our drink tab. Taking the pack. or not depends on how much you consume. Several posts on topic. You can definitely bring your own liquor&wine on board. Wine can be brought to the dining venues & a corkage fee will be charged. The bottle will be accessible where ever you are dining.

The package is a clear winner for cruises of 14 days and under...no question if your healthy enough.

However as the cruise length grows to 20-30-40 day, one needs to consider just how long you could keep up a heavy drinking schedule, health wise. Putting away 5+ drinks a day is possible for a week to 10 days without consequence ... Even Spring break kids don't hold up for longer. So be honest with yourself can you take it ? Are you on medications where a long term heavy drinking schedule might have problems?

Too, on longer cruises you have to buy for the WHOLE cruise booked, not a portion or a segment if it is back to back as and example. Thus a cruise comprised of 2 , 14 day segments would require one to purchase for a minimum of 28 days not 14 !

On a recent 34 day cruise...there was no way I could have kept up such a schedule , day after day.

So, its not just the price you pay but also a price you might pay

Whatever choice you make I hope you have a great time

:o

By the way..prices charged on the ship for liquor are very competive as to what id charged in most places I have seen in the past year..

Too, on longer cruises you have to buy for the WHOLE cruise booked, not a portion or a segment if it is back to back as and example. Thus a cruise comprised of 2 , 14 day segments would require one to purchase for a minimum of 28 days not 14 !.

Are you sure about a B2B? I can see on a Grand Voyage or World Cruise as you book it as a whole package.

What are you basing the info for a B2B on?

Not if she is in the same cabin. All adults have to buy the package as do children have to buy the soda package.

What soda package would that be? If soft drinks are complimentary for adults why would children need to buy a soda package?

I agree with Hawaiidan. I think a package would encourage me to drink way too much for my health. I already drink too often when I'm on holiday :o .

Can I buy a drink package & buy individual drinks for my wife (who only has a glass of wine with dinner)?

Yes you may, Waikele Ali'i must be referring to some other Cruise Line.

One adult in the cabin may take the Beverage Package while the other does not, although "sharing" is not condoned.

Oceania treats it's clients as responsible adults.....unless and until they prove otherwise.

Not if she is in the same cabin. All adults have to buy the package as do children have to buy the soda package.

Not on Oceania ...you must be thinking of another cruise line

Hawaiidan just came off a 34-day B2B Papeete-Lima/Lima-New York cruise last month, and most probably checked it out in person.

But was it sold as a Grand Voyage or a B2B?

He had complained before about doing a GV & would be subject to paying for the package for the whole cruise

But was it sold as a Grand Voyage or a B2B?

He had complained before about doing a GV & would be subject to paying for the package for the whole cruise

That's a good question when you consider Hawaiidan's post of December 8, 2013 where he says:

"First the package, either, I am told is or will be available only for the first 2 days aboard. Once started it can not be cancelled and will run the duration or remainder for the cruise your booked. A note of caution If your taking 2 cruises and booking as a back to back then you can not book for just one segment ( first or second) and must book for the remaining duration of gross days booked. The April 19 cruise is and example as it is 17 days to Lima and then 16 days to NY.. People booked on either but not both segments can buy the package for their respective cruises. However, passengers booked on the 33 day grand cruise must, once started, do the entire 33 days".

That's a good question when you consider Hawaiidan's post of December 8, 2013 where he says:

"First the package, either, I am told is or will be available only for the first 2 days aboard. Once started it can not be cancelled and will run the duration or remainder for the cruise your booked. A note of caution If your taking 2 cruises and booking as a back to back then you can not book for just one segment ( first or second) and must book for the remaining duration of gross days booked. The April 19 cruise is and example as it is 17 days to Lima and then 16 days to NY.. People booked on either but not both segments can buy the package for their respective cruises. However, passengers booked on the 33 day grand cruise must, once started, do the entire 33 days".

Sounds like it was sold as a Grand Voyage then

Sounds like it was sold as a Grand Voyage then

I had conversations with several others on the same cruise . According to one guy, who booked a 31 day comprised of a Tahiti-Tahiti-Lima back to back, which was not a grand cruise to my knowledge, required him to pay for the package for the total duration of his time onboard.

On my 34 day trip with my wife, I kept a tally, for the fun of it as to actual consumption over the weeks. The results were interesting over all, not counting wine by the bottle ( which is not included) averaged about 67.00 a day total for the 2 of us ( not individually) Whereas, it would have cost $120 a day with the package f0r 2 .

On that note if one bought the $60 a day and the other went drink by drink then the cost would still be more at the end of the day than both going drink by drink.

Another interesting item was that as the time onboard grew beyond 21 days our total liquor consumption began to taper off, week by week so that at 30 days we were drinking about 1/2 of what we were drinking on weeks 1 and 2 !

I think this poor-mans actuarial is what Oceania counts on and profits from... After several weeks a person gets tired of drinking and naturally cuts their consumption...

Noticed this too in the Lobster consumption department....!!!

Too much of a good thing and the good thing becomes routine....and loosed its luster/allure.

Just my observations...... you can take it form there.

Hawaiian,

Not sure what you meant in your price comparison when you said your you were "not counting wine by the bottle ( which is not included)." When you buy the drink package, you can still order wine by the glass in all the restaurants and they will refill your glass when it's empty.

"Yes you may, Waikele Ali'i must be referring to some other Cruise Line.

One adult in the cabin may take the Beverage Package while the other does not, although "sharing" is not condoned.

Oceania treats it's clients as responsible adults.....unless and until they prove otherwise.

Jim & Stan"

Yes - I got that screwed up. It was another cruise line. Sorry

Edited by Waikele Ali'i

I had conversations with several others on the same cruise . According to one guy, who booked a 31 day comprised of a Tahiti-Tahiti-Lima back to back, which was not a grand cruise to my knowledge, required him to pay for the package for the total duration of his time onboard.

So no official Oceania response? Just through conversations with other passengers?

I'll get the company response next week as I'm thinking about getting the package on part of our upcoming B2b.

Hawaiian,

Not sure what you meant in your price comparison when you said your you were "not counting wine by the bottle ( which is not included)." When you buy the drink package, you can still order wine by the glass in all the restaurants and they will refill your glass when it's empty.

In my tally I only included actual purchase of singular drinks, wine or sprits and excluded bottles because they were not included .Refering to my notes I found that by day 20 the average daily liquor consumption for 2 fell to $45.00 a day average from the $67.00

My point was to make persons aware that you may not be able to keep up the same tempo as you envisioned or experienced earlier

(sent from a lap top in a desert motel near Indio)

In my tally I only included actual purchase of singular drinks, wine or sprits and excluded bottles because they were not included .Refering to my notes I found that by day 20 the average daily liquor consumption for 2 fell to $45.00 a day average from the $67.00

My point was to make persons aware that you may not be able to keep up the same tempo as you envisioned or experienced earlier

(sent from a lap top in a desert motel near Indio)

I really do agree with your point, but am I being a bit dense? Surely one can drink a bottle's worth of wine "by the glass", just by getting the glass refilled several times. I don't think you can exclude wine by the bottle from your calculations on that basis unless you didn't buy any.

Wine by the glass does give you the opportunity to have different wines with each course, or for couples to chose different wines.

One must exclude wine by the glass, because:

1. wine by the bottle can vary wildly from 40 to 300 a bottle and that the small range of "wine by the glass" does not cover much.

2. Wine by the glass is , as said limited to about 3or for NV red and 4 or so White NV selections

3. when you get wine by the glass I have observed, you get a much smaller pour than you would get if you expected 4 glasses at 6 oz They get a good 8+ pours from a wine by the glass ...you get a 3 oz from the ship..maybe!

(at least)

And for me, I find the longer I drink in days, the less I drink overall so to reiterate, on a cruise over 14 days I would not take the drink package .