Upgrades

Go from guarantee to an Neptune complimentary.

Personally, I think the odds of going to a Neptune Suite as an upgrade at no cost are poor.

For an upsell, your odds might be better and a SY or a SS ought not to make much difference.

My only experience at this was to go from a VB to a SY to a SC, a reasonable upsell at each step.

I know there is no rhyme or reason. What do you think, better from an SS or SY on the Westerdam to a Neptune suite? Flame away.

Not sure I understand your question, but if you are asking if a Neptune suite is better than an SS or SY, it is an easy answer - YES YES YES! I would pay $200 or more per person for this upgrade. So many more benefits and larger cabin.

DaveOKC

Go from guarantee to an Neptune complimentary.

I have to be misunderstanding.........

IF you can have a free upgrade to a Neptune Suite why would you take a free upgrade to a lower category cabin?

Of course, it's better to get the Neptune Suite.

That's what we wanted to know. From an SY or SS, which has better chance. SS is only 100.00$ more. Well spent or not? I also understand from deck 8 to deck 6.

Less chance of noise if we do not get upgraded.

Free upgrade, I would think the SS, since you paid more than the SY.

However, lately it seems that HAL has been aggressively pushing UPSELLS (for $199 or more) from SY and SS cabins to a Neptune suite and they seem to be getting lots of takers (the normal price difference between the two groups is at least $1000 (pp) for a 7 day cruise). As I mentioned before, for that amount I personally would take the upsell.

As to decks, yes deck 6 has less noise, but I just booked an SY on deck 8 of the Zuiderdam. The trick is to get a cabin just aft of the mid-ship elevators and under the carpeted dining area of the Lido buffet. Review the deck plan carefully and you will see what I mean. I like being on deck 8 as it gives you quick and easy access to the Lido deck.

DaveOKC

How good would a room under the" Dive In" be?

Not good IMO. Lots of foot traffic and potential moving of chairs on the hard deck (that is where the noise really comes from). One thing you DO NOT WANT on deck 8 - never be below the ping pong table.

DaveOKC

Edited by DaveOKC

Free upgrade to a Neptune Suite from a SS/SY, chances are slim as they usually do only up sells to Neptune Suite, notice I said usually. Going up to deck 8 certainly there is noise from the Lido deck but we have found nothing that bad. Most noise is in the afternoon and you hear it more out on your balcony then in the cabin.

Should we go with an SS on deck six rather than an SY on deck eight? Cost today is only 50.00$ per person.

If I had the choice I would go to deck 6 if noise bothers you. Other wise go to deck 8, more convenient. Remember location, location, location.:D:D

You do have a better chance of getting an upgrade or even an upsell when you book an SS.

I would never want a cabin under the "Dive-In".

Upsells go out to people in a group of cabins for example va to VH would all be offered an upsell to ss to sz. They do not go category by category. If it's an upgrade I would agree that ss might have a better chance.

So deck six is better than eight?

Sent from my LGL86C using Forums mobile app

If noise is a factor for you, then yes. As far as which category would have a better chance of getting an up sell to a Neptune, I think its a draw. I personally have seen more movement with SY then SS's but like I said, easily could be either.

Edited by PathfinderEss

So deck six is better than eight?

Depends. While deck 6 likely will be quieter, deck 8 has better access to the lido deck (deck 9). The deck 8, SY cabin I selected for my upcoming trip is under the carpeted area of the lido dining area (so likely no significant noise) plus it is just steps away from the center stairs (and elevators) for very quick and easy access to the lido buffet (like if you want a quick cup of coffee or ice cream cone!) - also great access to the lido pool and the Spa area.

To each his/her own of course.

DaveOKC

Edited by DaveOKC

We have booked a guarantee SY stateroom on Eurodam July 27th Baltic, haven't been allocated cabin number yet. How soon before do they allocate the suites? Been with HAL many times before and is usually 2 weeks ish before. Also earlier someone mentioned $199 up sells to Neptune suites. Can you ring them about these or do they strictly select people, any advice?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The suite categories on your cruise are showing sold out. That means they are probably assigning guarantees and offering upsells now. You may even have an assignment by the time you read this.

You can call and ask about an upsell, but I think $199 for a Neptune on a Baltic cruise is unlikely. Still, they may offer something that is acceptable to you.

Let us know how it turns out.

We have booked a guarantee SY stateroom on Eurodam July 27th Baltic, haven't been allocated cabin number yet. How soon before do they allocate the suites? Been with HAL many times before and is usually 2 weeks ish before. Also earlier someone mentioned $199 up sells to Neptune suites. Can you ring them about these or do they strictly select people, any advice?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You are on a 12 day cruise - most of the Neptune upsells for $199 are for 7 day ones. But you never know......

DaveOKC

Last year, on the Zuiderdam, to Alaska, we took an upsell from an obstructed ocean view to a VA. We were later offered an SY upsell, for $19 pp. Which we took. Twice turned down an upsell to a Neptune Suite. 3 days before sailing we were upgraded (yes, an upgrade, no cost to us) to the Neptune Suite. What a wonderful cruise!!!