Tenders

beachlover777

I have only cruised once in my life and it was 15 years ago. We docked in Bermuda so tenders aren't something I'm familiar with. We are going to be tendering at CoCoCay and my almost two year old will be traveling with us. I assume the boats are safe, but do they have life vests for everyone? If not, should I bring one for my son? I obviously wouldn't normally let him ride a boat without a life vest (unless it was a huge cruise ship or ferry). Can someone provide me with insight on these "tenders?"

It's not really a "boat", but more of a ferry. Not a rowboat or motorboat by any means! It holds about 150 or more...double decker.. and yes..there are lifejackets, should the need arise.

You aren't going THAT far from the ship to the tender dock! It's all good!

I hope nobody minds if I jump in with my own question as I hate to start another post when there are already a few going on CocoCay.

How long does the tender take to get from the island back to the boat? Do the lines tend to be long? I'm planning on doing the 1:15 glass bottom boat excursion (90 minutes) but need to be back on the ship for a wine tasting. I assume I will have more than enough time, but just wanted to check my timing. Thank you!

Reading some of the posts have me getting a little excited about this port! We had to miss it the one other time it was scheduled for me.