Royal Family Suite Oasis of the Seas or Owners

So, we (family of 4, 2 adults; 2 14 year old children) have decided to take the 7 night western on Oasis June 6, 2015. We have decided to be in the same room. We were going to book an OS until we heard about the RFS, which seems awesome and way better fit for our family. Both would cost about $10 k even. We REALLY want a RFS but there is that pesky 5 passenger minimum and the rci reps wont budge even after me offering to pay for a fifth person but not bring one. Does anyone know ANY ways around the pesky minimum? Travel agents who can bend the rule? ANYTHING? And no, we will not bring a fifth passenger.

The royal suites available that sailing. Why not book that:confused:

Two bathrooms and master bedroom is separate. I am guessing would be similar in price to RFS?

Otherwise get your kids to bring a friend!!!!!!

Edited by Spurschick

The royal suites available that sailing. Why not book that:confused:

Two bathrooms and master bedroom is separate. I am guessing would be similar in price to RFS?

Otherwise get your kids to bring a friend!!!!!!

The price for the royal Suite is a LOT more than the RFS. Don't know the price of the RFS but Op said it was comparable to an owners suite. The Royal suite is $4100 more pp than the owners suite. Don't think that would be an option.

No way around the "pesky minimum" as the RFS is one of very few staterooms that holds up to 8 people and they want to be sure it is available for larger parties to book. Even with 5 as the minimum they hope to - and usually get - more than that on the reservation which maximizes the value to RCI as well as those in the suite.

So either add and pay for a 5th person (which IMO would be of questionable value if it is a phantom booking) or check into other arrangements. The owners suite option you mention would be viable. Sometimes they will open the RFS to less than the minimum closer to sailing date, but that is usually a long shot and not something to count on.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

The price for the royal Suite is a LOT more than the RFS. Don't know the price of the RFS but Op said it was comparable to an owners suite. The Royal suite is $4100 more pp than the owners suite. Don't think that would be an option.

Wow - I must have got a great deal when I booked it - see you are on my sailing for that one:D look forward to meeting you:)

Sorry op in that case get your kids to bring a friend;)

Edited by Spurschick

Wow - I must have got a great deal when I booked it - see you are on my sailing for that one:D look forward to meeting you:)

He will be easy to spot. He will be the one on his balcony in a hammock strung from a tree sipping on his beverage of choice while being fanned with palm frons by pretty women in grass hula skirts and coconut bikini tops! Right Ken?? :D:eek:;)

See you on board. Glad I'm not the only one that booked that far in advance.:D

He will be easy to spot. He will be the one on his balcony in a hammock strung from a tree sipping on his beverage of choice while being fanned with palm frons by pretty women in grass hula skirts and coconut bikini tops! Right Ken?? :D:eek:;)

Already been to Home Depot and picked up a couple of C clamps and they are packed. Hammock ready to go.:D

Edited by Ourusualbeach

What are the suite perks? Our friends are booking tomorrow and looking at the grand suite and kids in a regular balcony.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

From the RCI website:

Enhanced Program for Suite Guests Staying in the following suites*:

Royal Suite, Royal Family Suite, Presidential Family Suite, Owner's Suite, Grand Suite

Oasis Class: Royal Loft Suite, Sky Loft Suite, AquaTheater Suite & Crown Loft Suite

*Excludes Junior Suites

Priority check-in

Personalized attention throughout the cruise with complimentary Concierge Club service on select ships

Reserved prime seating in the main theater for entertainment shows, where available

Priority tender tickets on select cruises. (Tender service is provided when smaller vessels are necessary to reach shore in locations without docking ports large enough for cruise ships.)

VIP pool deck seating, where available

Full breakfast, lunch and dinner dining room menus available for in-room dining

Private breakfast and lunch seating in specialty restaurants on our Voyager and Freedom Class ships

Mattel® board games available to order for in-room entertainment for the kids

Complimentary luggage valet service

Luxury spa bathrobes for use onboard

Complimentary pressing service on formal night

Priority departure with exclusive suite* departure lounge featuring continental breakfast

Suite guests also receive double C & A points for every night at sea in a JS or higher.

We were able to snag the royal family suite on the Oasis for October 27, 2014. We got very very lucky,party of 6,for $6200 including port charges taxes insurance and gratuities on the BOGOHO . Although it is a five night cruise it is still a super price.

Edited by dep