Afternoon Tea?

There is no special afternoon tea as such, but tea and snacks are available at Cafe Promenade all day long :D

Sorry but this is incorrect...RCI has what they call "Tea Time" in the WJ on all ships from 3:30-5:00pm daily...Great selection of food/snacks with my favorite being scones and bread pudding.

Sorry but this is incorrect...RCI has what they call "Tea Time" in the WJ on all ships from 3:30-5:00pm daily...Great selection of food/snacks with my favorite being scones and bread pudding.

Thank you for your correction.

Sorry my mistake.

Sent using Tapatalk. Sorry for typho.

Thank you for your correction.

Sorry my mistake.

Sent using Tapatalk. Sorry for typho.

No problem....I learn something new also everyday thanks to Cruise Critic..even though I've sailed with RCI exclusively for many many years :)

I have only ever seen it once, on Freedom in 2007, they had an invite only afternoon tea for all the brits onboard. it's a shame they don't do it more often.

We were on Freedom of the Seas October 2012 and were invited to Afternoon Tea. Sadly we had to forgo the invitation as had prior booking for something else. It was specifically aimed at the British who were sailing with them.

Edited by Catz24031

Royal used to call it Afternoon Tea, but lately all I've seen it called Afternoon Snacks. In any case, people have posted that it's nothing like the have on other lines, such as Princess.

This is the only thing that disappoints me about RC. The afternoon on both Princess and P&O were amazing. Served in the MDR, with tiny sandwiches, tea in nice china cups and lovely cakes / scones.

Wish RC would start serving proper afternoon tea in the MDR :)

yeah, I don't recall Royal having a dedicated afternoon tea, just afternoon snacks in the windjammer.

There is a decent spread of food available in the Windjammer during afternoon snacks, at least from my perspective.

Here are 2 short videos of what was available during afternoon snacks, on the Adventure of the Seas.

Part 1

Part 2

Apropos of teatime, if you actually appreciate good tea, you may wish to bring your own. Royal has largely switched over to some "organic" brand that has no flavor to speak of. There was still a mix of the former brands and the new hanging around when we were on Allure last November. I'm curious if they have just the one kind now.

Minor correction. On our recent b2b on Rhapsody (April/May) from Sydney to Vancouver, the WJ was closed from 3PM until 6:30 when it reopened for dinner.

Edited by cruisenfever

Royal used to call it Afternoon Tea, but lately all I've seen it called Afternoon Snacks. In any case, people have posted that it's nothing like the have on other lines, such as Princess.

They still call it that "Tea Time" just off ROS on June 6th and it was still listed that way everyday in the Compass ;)

I have had the "High Tea Time" on PCL but felt we were herded in like cattle then the seating is so close together (crammed) not my idea of a relaxing tea time at all and then rushed...very disappointed at this whole Tea Charade...certainly with as many people that are interested the cruiselines could come up with something better especially when sailing in Europe.

Minor correction. On our recent b2b on Rhapsody (April/May) from Sydney to Vancouver, the WJ was closed from 3PM until 6:30 when it reopened for dinner.

Then this may have been the exception..or the ships I have been on were :confused::)

But it's not a ""special" tea time like Carnival ships have. A special area set aside in the MDR for a "high tea" service.

We really enjoyed this on Carnival.

Edited by WishIwerethere

I think you (we) should check a recent Allure Compass. When we sailed Oasis, the Windjammer did not offer "Afternoon Snacks" and closed promptly every day at 3:30 pm. Imagine our frustration coming back from port, heading up to WJ for our usual lemonade and snackies, and having the doors closed. This is because the other venues were open - they didn't have to have WJ open.

I think you (we) should check a recent Allure Compass. When we sailed Oasis, the Windjammer did not offer "Afternoon Snacks" and closed promptly every day at 3:30 pm. Imagine our frustration coming back from port, heading up to WJ for our usual lemonade and snackies, and having the doors closed. This is because the other venues were open - they didn't have to have WJ open.

You are absolutely correct about the Oasis :o because that's the first ship that I didn't ever bother to check out the "Tea Time" aka Snacktime on our cruise...I was much too taken with the Park Cafe and the Wipe Out Cafe for my afternoon snacks.

As I said above...I continue to learn something new everyday..thanks to you many friends on Cruise Critic

Hope you continue to do well :)

Edited by Ashland