Final payment

Skip111

Our T A did not contact us until about 2 hours before final payment was due. After they got everything together it was about 20 minutes after the 5 o clock deadline. I am wondering if it will be ok or if we will not get our cruise and not only loose our deposit but also our celebrity air that we have already paid for plus our gratuities ,insurance just a bit unsettled with the way our T A is handle in our account

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Often the deadline for a TA is well in advance of celebrity's deadline often days or weeks. I would check celebrity's actual deadline :)

Our booking confirmation from Celebrity shows July 3rd by 5 eastern time

I'd call and try it rather than spend time on these boards asking about it....

I totally agree. I have to ask though if your booking shows that why did you wait for a TA to remind you two hours before? :confused:

Our T A did not contact us until about 2 hours before final payment was due. After they got everything together it was about 20 minutes after the 5 o clock deadline. I am wondering if it will be ok or if we will not get our cruise and not only loose our deposit but also our celebrity air that we have already paid for plus our gratuities ,insurance just a bit unsettled with the way our T A is handle in our account

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

If the deadline is today and you made your final payment you should be fine. Celebrity is not in that much of a hurry to cancel a booked cruise. If it was a week or more then there would be a problem. Just stay on top of it with your travel agent and Celebrity.

Mary Lou

Edited by CHEZMARYLOU

US Resident, so if you aren't this might not apply (I forgot to look if your location was listed)

We just made our final payment for a cruise (it is due in 4 days). The first page of Our Celebrity was accurate, it showed a zero balance, but when you clicked on Show Details of our payment to see what the charges were, it showed we owed ~$180 more. I had gotten a day credit just for me (illness on last cruise), and it didn't show up. So I called - I really don't want to lose our cabin on a nearly sold-out cruise - and was told by the agent that they wouldn't cancel me for this, but would call us to inform us that we hadn't paid.

So that good news is it is entirely possible that Celebrity would make sure you knew you had missed your payment.

Then again, since you used a TA, maybe they would call the TA. I didn't use one.

The only caveat here is that I never know if what I'm being told is accurate, nor if not paying at all would have the same results, but I felt a little better. We will keep checking since as I said, I really don't want to lose this cabin.

Beth