Aft seats at Tuscan Grill

cl.klink

Never been on a S-class. My wife and I are sailing on TA Equinox in October.

How do I make sure that I get those aft seats at Tuscan Grill? Or, how hard is it to get these? I assume it's wherever they seat you based on availability, but can I reserve ahead of time? Or, is there a time/day to strategize to go in order to increase chances will be available?

I really want those seats by the window.

- Joel

We found the best way to get those prime aft tables is make your reservations early in the evening. When we have gone as just a couple we always get those prime seats. But more than you two will most likely be away from them.

Regards,

Kelvin Reid

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

We just came off the Silhouette two weeks ago and dined in Tuscan. We, also, wanted the two-tops at the window and when we made our reservation that they can't reserve them but that if you show up within a half hour of them opening there's the best chance of getting one. Otherwise, if you dine later, try around 8:30-9 when the early window diners are finished and the table is clear...but that's hit or miss apparently. We arrived around 6:30 and were pleasantly surprised to get one of the coveted tables, however, we were heading East, so the blinds were down on the West facing windows and it wasn't the view we had been anticipating since the sun was still high and beaming right into our eyes. Dinner that night might've been better if we'd come closer to 9pm but I can't eat that late. No matter where you're seated, service and food was excellent...enjoy your cruise and your meal at Tuscan!!

Cathy

I noticed last AK cruise this May we were always directed to window seats in specialty restaurants. We did go early but 1) are Elite + ,so I SUPPOSE that helps 2) had purchased the 'ultimate' dining pkg which is all meals at specialty. So situations like this explain why these preferred tables are often not available. I think arriving at opening is best chance. Good Luck

My advice would be not to fret about where in the Tuscan Grille one is seated. The dinner and lunch that I enjoyed on Celebrity Eclipse at that venue was the best that I have enjoyed at any ship's specialty restaurants: Todd English on Queen Mary 2, Sun King on Carnival Freedom, or any of the Pinnacle Grill Restaurants on the HAL ships (lunch excluded: excellent lunch on Nieuw Amsterdam). [HAL's Signature Class ships have the Tamarind Restaurant and that is unfailingly delightful. Celebrity does not compete in that area, in my opinion.]

I believe that you will enjoy the menu, the service, and the cuisine at the Tuscan Grill regardless of where you are seated. It is a prime experience.

You may want to try the 2nd formal night. Everyone wants the puny lobster in the mdr so no one goes to the speciality restaurants. We did that on the silhouette on or recent trip coming out of Split Croatia and the scenery was amazing. The restaurant was a third full.

We love Tuscan Grill and part of that is the view so I disagree with those that say it doesn't matter. Having said that as long as we were only 2 persons we've always been seated at the windows, but that also involved us actually showing up there in mid afternoon and confirming our reservation and making the request at that time. Yes, they've always said they couldn't promise it, but none the less we've been lucky and gotten them everytime. Sometimes a small tip to the Maitre'd is helpful....:)...just saying.....:)

Lately, I have found myself dining late whether it was late seating in the MDR or Aqua Class dining in Blu. Generally I book the specialty dining reservations to occur around 8:30 - 9:00 pm because the dining room for each specialty venue is less crowded, less noise, more option at seat selections, etc. I've been seated at one of the aft tables in Tuscan with an 8:30 pm reservation. It really depends on how busy the restaurant is on any given night.

Sent from my Samsung Note 2 on the T-Mobile 4G LTE Network

Edited by vulcan1971

Lately, I have found myself dining late whether it was late seating in the MDR or Aqua Class dining in Blu. Generally I book the specialty dining reservations to occur around 8:30 - 9:00 pm because the dining room for each specialty venue is less crowded, less noise, more option at seat selections, etc. I've been seated at one of the aft tables in Tuscan with an 8:30 pm reservation. It really depends on how busy the restaurant is on any given night.

Sent from my Samsung Note 2 on the T-Mobile 4G LTE Network

And of course they seat you whenever you want...you wear a Packer hat.....everyone loves Packer fans!!!:D:):D