Celebrity Overnight Port - Tendered

Jane2357

We have our 1st ever overnight port next year in Dun Laoghaire (Dublin), Ireland - 2 full days. The schedule also shows that we are tendered :( How does that work - I am assuming that there must be a cut off on the last tender back to ship - I guess if you were to miss it at least you don't miss the ship. :o Do they run fairly late in the evening? Can someone give me an idea of how Celebrity does an overnight port that is tendered and also do they require that you stay overnight on the ship. Do they bring on any special entertainment? Thank you.

The tenders run all night. They do not run as often, however, during the evening. You an easily have a dinner off ship and evening entertainment if you want. They will give you approximate tender times when you are there. Enjoy, Dublin is a fantastic City

I have no way of knowing, but my thought is at night they will park at the pier and wait for people needing a ride and then take you to the ship as needed.

They have radios, so figure if someone is shipside wanting a lift to shore late, they would come grab them "on call" Or maybe they just stick to an every 30 minute turn or something but this leaves room for roundtrips empty both ways, so assume they would just park and tender as needed. But i imagine very few leave the ship after 10 pm.

I could easily see having too much fun in an Irish pub and not making it back till the late hours - I have a girl friend that lives there. :D Although the overnight is Day 8 on a 14 night cruise - I hope that wouldn't be the 2nd formal night! I doubt it would be the next night either as we are docked till 9:00 p.m.

I could easily see having too much fun in an Irish pub and not making it back till the late hours - I have a girl friend that lives there. :D Although the overnight is Day 8 on a 14 night cruise - I hope that wouldn't be the 2nd formal night! I doubt it would be the next night either as we are docked till 9:00 p.m.

I seriously doubt they would do formal night on an overnight stop.

We have our 1st ever overnight port next year in Dun Laoghaire (Dublin), Ireland - 2 full days. The schedule also shows that we are tendered :( How does that work - I am assuming that there must be a cut off on the last tender back to ship - I guess if you were to miss it at least you don't miss the ship. :o Do they run fairly late in the evening? Can someone give me an idea of how Celebrity does an overnight port that is tendered and also do they require that you stay overnight on the ship. Do they bring on any special entertainment? Thank you.

Not sure if you're aware that Dun Laoghaire (pronounced dun-leerie) is a 25 minute train journey from Dublin using the DART (Dublin Area Rapid Transit).

In 2004 we took Infinity to Hawaii and were tendered overnight at Lahaina, Maui. We had a private excursion which began at 5 a.m. to see the sunrise at the top of Haleakala and ride bikes down the mountain 38 miles. We were told to meet at 2:45 a.m. at the dock, so we got down to the tenders at 2:15 a.m. and there were one or two sleepy guys there, and we got our tender to shore. It was very surreal and interesting but something we'd do again and which we'll remember forever.

So - I guess the simple answer is they have people "stationed" down there and take people as needed. I'm sure they rotate who has to do this, but the ship really never shuts down - things are going 24/7, we just don't always see them.

Have a great time in Ireland! That's on my bucket list!

In 2004 we took Infinity to Hawaii and were tendered overnight at Lahaina, Maui. We had a private excursion which began at 5 a.m. to see the sunrise at the top of Haleakala and ride bikes down the mountain 38 miles. We were told to meet at 2:45 a.m. at the dock, so we got down to the tenders at 2:15 a.m. and there were one or two sleepy guys there, and we got our tender to shore. It was very surreal and interesting but something we'd do again and which we'll remember forever.

So - I guess the simple answer is they have people "stationed" down there and take people as needed. I'm sure they rotate who has to do this, but the ship really never shuts down - things are going 24/7, we just don't always see them.

Have a great time in Ireland! That's on my bucket list!

We've done the bikes down Haleakala twice - what a BLAST that is!!!! We were land vacationing both times and yes they picked us up at the hotel in the middle of the night - lol. I'm too old for that now.

Not sure if you're aware that Dun Laoghaire (pronounced dun-leerie) is a 25 minute train journey from Dublin using the DART (Dublin Area Rapid Transit).

Yes I am aware that we are a ways out of Dublin but wasn't sure how we were to get back and forth - I was thinking buses. I'll have to be checking on the DART then to see how late they run. Thanks for this information.

When we were overnight in several ports people, including us, stayed out way past 10:00. IN many European Cities, people do not even start dinner until around 9:00. The party doesn't start until around 11:00 or 12:00. As we all have said the tenders are there and run all night. Enjoy. Dublin is a greta City at night.