Just returned from Mediterranean Isles on Sojourn

PhillyGirl2

If anyone is interested in the ship or itinerary on this cruise, I would be glad to help. I can tell you what cabin to avoid and something to consider if you are disembarking and using the transport of a private car, through Seabourn, to the airport.

Seabourn always has free shuttles from ports to the nearby town unless prevented by the port itself. Typically this is every 20-30 minutes.

Remember that Seabourn is 5 star and is not HAL or Princess or Costa a mass market product with nickel and diming its passengers.

Happy sailing!

Markham, I will be interested in the OP's comments on her trip, including shuttles. Some of the previous offerings from Seabourn do not seem to be offered currently or as advertised [MDR]. Luxury, 5 star and other appellations always need to be earned. I totally agree that SB does not nickel dime its passengers.

PaulaJK,

We just left the Quest after a week in the Baltic. The service was superb, as usual.

I don't know about breakfasts and lunches in the MDR as we were at the Colonnade those times. We always ate dinner at the MDR. With 3 full days (2 overnights) of sightseeing in St Petersburg we ate those lunches with our guide.

About shuttles, we were always as near the city center as anyone else. I shudder to think about access to the sights from those distant "cruise ports" used by the ships we saw from HAL, Costa and Royal Caribbean on their (only) 2 days in St Petersburg. That would have added up to an hour to the ride each way.

These details make Seabourn the smart choice.

Happy sailing!

Phillygirl - I think everyone who reads this board would be interested to hear as much as possible about your cruise - I appreciate you may be short of time - but details of staff, service, food standards, entertainment, ports of particular interest and those of no interest, shuttle buses, Seabourn transfers and what suites to avoid which you mention would be interesting and helpful.

Markham,

I certainly agree that the luxury [or devil] is in the details. Currently someone is posting re: their Regent cruise to St P's and the dockage seems to be adding an hour or more [each direction] to their travel/tour time. Paula