New entry visa fees for Bali

The entry fee for a visa to enter Bali is now up from USD25 to USD35

This applies to cruises to Bali whether you stay on the ship or not

The exit fee out of the airport has recently increased from IDR 150000 tp IDR200000

Happy Bali holiday!!!

John

Probably has something to do with Bali being "over visited" and they are trying to slow down tourism in this way.

Very strange but several news items have shown the mess the tourists are leaving behind, this maybe behind it.

Cheers

Glenn

The program currently showing on Channel 7 WHAT REALLY HAPPENS IN BALI , makes me feel ashamed to be an Australian. The show highlights the ratbag,bogan behaviour of young Australians in Bali. No wonder the Balinese are putting up the cost of their entry and exit fees. Surely there are more sane, respectable and better behaved Australian tourists going to Bali than the bloody ratbags shown in this show

John

The exit fee out of the airport has recently increased from IDR 150000 tp IDR200000

Happy Bali holiday!!!

John

These fees are NOTHING compared to what some South American countries charge, i.e. in Feb/March, we entered Chile, Brazil and Argentina, each country wanted $100 to$150 - visa/entry/reciprocity fee. Makes it almost $1000 extra for a couple to visit these countries, pre cruise, cruise or post cruise.

Such is life in South America.

As for what happens in Bali, who cares? Dump of a place., once was enough for this little black duck.

Edited by NSWP

These fees are NOTHING compared to what some South American countries charge, i.e. in Feb/March, we entered Chile, Brazil and Argentina, each country wanted $100 to$150 - visa/entry/reciprocity fee. Makes it almost $1000 extra for a couple to visit these countries, pre cruise, cruise or post cruise.

Such is life in South America.

As for what happens in Bali, who cares? Dump of a place., once was enough for this little black duck.

I know what you mean about South America. :rolleyes:

Haven't been to Bali and don't really care if I never get there.

I would imagine so but it may depend on your nationality.:D

G'day Mic, now how much is the visa fee to enter the ACT? I am a New South Welshman, do I get to visit Canberra for free? lol.

Edited by NSWP

G'day Mic, now how much is the visa fee to enter the ACT? I am a New South Welshman, do I get to visit Canberra for free? lol.

No, you need to make a deposit at Pooh Corner on your way up the clyde. Once here you will receive your allocation of free raspberries.:p

ok going to be in Bali for the day in October will be on the radiance of the seas. Will they do the visas for us or is it something that we have to organise our selves. thanks for any help :confused:

Happy Bali holiday!!!

John

ok going to be in Bali for the day in October will be on the radiance of the seas. Will they do the visas for us or is it something that we have to organise our selves. thanks for any help :confused:

The OP only stated it has gone up, I would assume you are required to sort out your own Visa's. This has been my experience with travel on other cruises around the world. Check your travel documents from the cruise line or the TA. :D

Edited by MicCanberra

On Arcadia (P&O UK), Sydey to Southampton 2 years ago we called in at Benoa (Bali.)

The ship charged all pax $25 to their on board account as a visa fee which was done by Balinese Immigration Officers boarding ship. No face to face. I understand this is still the case with visiting cruise ships to Port of Benoa. Irrespective of whether you go ashore or not, everyone pays, them's the rules.

As Uncle Les always says to cruisers...ABOVE ALL, ENJOY !!!

Edited by NSWP

Every time we have been to Indonesian ports on a cruise, the cruise line has obtained the visa and charged the fee to your onboard account. The last time was in March this year.

In fact, the only two countries where we have had to obtain our own visas were Brazil and India. In all other instances the local immigration authorities have come aboard and processed passports on board.

We have been to Bali several times on a cruiseship, the last time was a few months ago. Every time the cruiseline arranged the visas and charged to the passengers' on-board accounts. The only countries where we have had to arrange our own visas were India and China. In Brazil we had to pay a Reciprocity fee.

• 3 weeks later...

We just returned from a cruise that went to Bali. Visa was $35 AU and organised by princess and charged to our shipboard account.

Great Quote NSWP : As for what happens in Bali, who cares? Dump of a place.

I agree whole heartedly. Been there 3 times and disliked it again and again.