Refundable OBC

pacheco18

I have a very large OBC for my upcoming cruise, the bulk of which is refundable (From TA). I do not see how I could spend it (we are not drinkers and I don't care for the Oceania spa) unless, of course, there is a on board jewelry designer > >:D

What is the procedure for getting the balance refunded at the end of the cruise?

Do they credit it to the credit card you used when you boarded (to your on board account)? To the credit card you used to book the cruise?

Do they send you a check in the mail?

I have a very large OBC for my upcoming cruise, the bulk of which is refundable (From TA). I do not see how I could spend it (we are not drinkers and I don't care for the Oceania spa) unless, of course, there is a on board jewelry designer > >:D

What is the procedure for getting the balance refunded at the end of the cruise?

Do they credit it to the credit card you used when you boarded (to your on board account)? To the credit card you used to book the cruise?

I can't say for myself because my TA is a greedy one and prefers not to give much OBC to keep her profits high. Which is why I won't use her any longer, she is really a booking agent and did very little for us. However some friends got a nice OBC from another agent they use and at the end of the cruise they got a call from the front desk to see if they wanted cash or a credit to their credit card. It wasn't a fuss at all. Rick

Laraine,

Are you sure the OBC from your TA is refundable? Many times OBC from TAs is at least partially from the cruise line. If that is the case it is non-refundable in my experience.

Dave

Edited by DaveFr

Laraine,

Are you sure the OBC from your TA is refundable? Many times OBC from TAs is at least partially from the cruise line. If that is the case it is non-refundable in my experience.

Dave

yes

But I will reconfirm once on board and spend anything that I cannot get refunded

If it is refundable, you will get CASH when you leave. When we had to leave the ship because of Allan's shoulder, we had some refundable OBC and we were given the cash before we left the ship. That's how it should work!

If it is refundable, you will get CASH when you leave. When we had to leave the ship because of Allan's shoulder, we had some refundable OBC and we were given the cash before we left the ship. That's how it should work!

Thanks

Cash is king

I wasn't talking about what the cruise line gives you, I was only talking about what comes from your TA because you do business with them. That is refundable. Be sure you have the right TA, mind even tried to change the amount that she quoted when we booked, then after final payment she wanted to give only halve the amount she originality promised. And we only book owners suites (7), this time we booked the Oceania suite. Plus we've given her many many bookings of friends-which will never happen again. We've found a new TA that stands behind what they say. We just booked 3 suites for an upcoming cruise, but a another line-(but will be back on "O" because we do enjoy are time on those ships.) Her lost....

Rick

DO check when you get on and make sure it is refundable.

I did not use my OBC's this time and the day before there was a note on my door that I had a refund coming, and to go down to the desk and get it.

Just so you are not disappointed, make sure it is refundable. Also, if it isn't...buy Christmas presents with it.

Thanks, Laraine. I do think it is OUR fault for not noticing!

But we'll be on guard for our next cruise, not scheduled until next April ...

Although that could change ...

Mura

I believe my TA deserves to KEEP her whole commission, it is hard enough to make a living these days without giving away her income

That is just my opinion & no one has to agree with me

Edited by LHT28

I always know in advance

My TA spells it out

On this upcoming cruise most of it is refundable.

I doubt I can spend a fraction of it -- we don't drink much. My biggest expense on board is unlimited internet.

I plan to take cash home. LOL Nice.

My TA spelled it out also, and I agreed to a lower amount (which I was OK with), then she told me she was only going to give me 1/2 of what she first told me less than 30 days before the cruise. I told her no enough is enough and will never use her again.

Rick

I'm waiting for the day that we get refundable OBC ... so far just the useable kind!

So my DH insists we use it .... :D

Mura

Mura, if this is the case you need a new TA, period---do it now before you give more of your money away.

Rick

My TA spelled it out also, and I agreed to a lower amount (which I was OK with), then she told me she was only going to give me 1/2 of what she first told me less than 30 days before the cruise. I told her no enough is enough and will never use her again.

Rick

Then you did the right thing by leaving her!!

Jancruz1

Seems to me it's a no brainer that anyone in business should stand by what has been said, even if she quoted the original amount in error. You don't retain customers by doing what she did. It's no wonder that you have stopped using her.

One wonders when she will get the message.

Mura

Seems to me it's a no brainer that anyone in business should stand by what has been said, even if she quoted the original amount in error. You don't retain customers by doing what she did. It's no wonder that you have stopped using her.

One wonders when she will get the message.

Mura

Mura, I agree, but until "I" said no she was going to cut it in half. And yes Jancruz1 I did do the right thing, and I hope to help others on this board.

Rick

We are supposed to get a check for a substantial :) refundable OBC two weeks prior to sailing. I have it in writing and have every reason to believe it will happen.

Don't worry, I'm sure you will get it-most likely your TA has ethics and cares about the people they service. I just had a bad one and didn't realize it until it cost me....not just dollars but follow through.

Rick