New P&O ship names

P&O used to do a 28 night cruise to Tahiti, but a few years ago they re-positioned themselves in the market by not doing long cruises. We were told they are aiming at 'first-time' cruisers by having short itineraries.

I will be trying them out again after an abscence of 14 years. I have low expectations going in so I hope to be wonderfully surprised. If not it is only a four night stint that was a real bargain as far as getting away for a long weekend goes.:D

I will be trying them out again after an abscence of 14 years. I have low expectations going in so I hope to be wonderfully surprised. If not it is only a four night stint that was a real bargain as far as getting away for a long weekend goes.:D

I would have low expectations also as who they are aing at determines cruise type

Princess is the carnival option for better cruises

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I think you might just be pleasantly surprised, I've always found the P&O service excellent with probably the friendliest and most warm crew across the board of all the lines. Obviously you will come up short if you compare them to lines that you pay a lot more for and their ships/cabins are a lot more quaint than other lines but on the whole they offer a pretty similar product to other lines and they definitely cater well to the "Australian" market so to say which is I think the exact reason why some don't like them is that they target for everyday Australians and don't pretend to be anything they aren't.:rolleyes:

As for this topic.... I think the names are really bad and won't grow on me at all:p

• 2 weeks later...

I've belatedly realised why I really dislike the new names of Eden and Aria so much.

I was researching overseas cruises, as one does, and came across "Breakaway" and "Getaway" NCL ships.

Telling someone you are cruising on Breakaway or Getaway gives a good feeling about "living the dream" and getting away from routine on a cruise. The names are a marketer's dream!