Uk cruisers new itv programme

tartanexile81

Finally got into ITV. I had to use the Sudan Embassy postcode. From Mexico it is a lot

more difficult to get foreign tv on the internet.

I was on the maiden transatlantic when the film crew was aboard. The ship showed well,

but it was a terrible cruise. The ship is a disaster from a cruising point of view.

Small balconys, no promenade deck, no center staircase. The dancing venues were

horrible. The adtrium was so large that only one musical event could be on at any one

time. No Wheelhouse dancing. Just a short list of the disasters that wait on this ship.

However, I know there are many who were impressed with the size and beauty of the ship.

In my opinion, build two more Sapphire Princess ships for the cost of this one and

everyone would be happy.

I speak with my pocket book. I will hopefully never cruise on the Royal or the Regal.

Give me the Grand Class anytime.

Greg

We like Princess very much, have a cruise coming up and know we will enjoy it.

BUT

They way we are hearing, at first hand, non-cruising people discussing the programme, the cruise line and the 'terrible' people who go cruising, has resulted in us making a conscious decision not to tell anyone which line we will be cruising on.

Why?

Well simply because we do not wish to run the risk of anyone wondering why we would want to cruise with such a terrible group of people and whether or not people who don't know us that well might wonder if that is how we might be inclined to behave.

In short... We like cruising with Princess, but are now too embarrassed to admit it to people whose only knowledge of cruising is what they see on tv and who don't understand that the programme does not give a true reflection of what life is really like onboard a Princess cruise ship.

First time in my life I have been embarrassed to admit where I am going for my holiday.

What is the last question they always ask on questionaires?

Would you recommend us to other people?

Ans: NO - I don't want to admit that I am one of the people who think Princess is a good product

Edited by Corfe Mixture

I had read that Facebook was full of remarks about the show, but I looked and couldn't find much. Did they remove things? I didn't see the show mentioned at all on their timeline.

It's not on their timeline, you have to go to posts on page (I think it's called that now) on the left hand side

It's not on their timeline, you have to go to posts on page (I think it's called that now) on the left hand side

Thanks. I found it. There wasn't one completely positive remark, but I like how the Princess moderator kept thanking everyone for their interest. LOL.

I'm surprised the TV company didn't go all out and call the episode "Fur Coat No Knickers" - that would have fitted the tone they tried to create.

The Ocean going equivalent of Car Crash TV

Edited by DYKWIA

Typical dumbed down British TV for those with short attention spans and a lack of two brain cells to rub together.

Opportunity missed to show a professional company in a professional manner. Just looked like a reality show. The attention seeking passenger, the tyrant in the Spa, the efficient hotel manager and the entertainer who has to be loved. Pass me a sick bag!

Comedy gold though was Mrs Mushroom – losing her knickers in cyberspace. Can you send your smalls to the laundry via the internet connection? Now that is a first at sea!

After this the company sales line should not be “come back new” it should just be “come back”.

Slight exaggeration, it won’t alter my use of Princess as I know what it’s like in real life.

Well they have managed to lose at least one piece of business.

We are booked on Ocean Princess on 19th December and have arranged to fly in early with the intention of taking a five day cruise on Caribbean on 13th.

After the appalling publicity of this week decided against Caribbean Princess, though still comfortable with Ocean and have now decided to take a similar 5 day on Celebrity Constellation departing 12th. Even managed to sort of save money as Celebrity suites are cheaper, though I will have to pay for the laundry and don't get a mini bar set up means there is not much in it.

We are booked on Ocean Princess on 19th December and have arranged to fly in early with the intention of taking a five day cruise on Caribbean on 13th.

After the appalling publicity of this week decided against Caribbean Princess, though still comfortable with Ocean and have now decided to take a similar 5 day on Celebrity Constellation departing 12th. Even managed to sort of save money as Celebrity suites are cheaper, though I will have to pay for the laundry and don't get a mini bar set up means there is not much in it.

Are you for real????? Just because of a tv show you are dropping one Princess ship (yet keeping another)? I think there is more to your reasoning than you are letting on.

Treat the programme for what it is. Light entertainment that people with very little common sense will use as stick to beat the company.

Whilst i agree, somewhat, that the bits they aired weren't exactly favourable in showing Princess in a true light, i have been on enough Princess (and other companies) cruises to decide for myself.....................I am still booking with Princess as my main choice of carrier.

Pete

Are you for real????? Just because of a tv show you are dropping one Princess ship (yet keeping another)? I think there is more to your reasoning than you are letting on.

Treat the programme for what it is. Light entertainment that people with very little common sense will use as stick to beat the company.

Whilst i agree, somewhat, that the bits they aired weren't exactly favourable in showing Princess in a true light, i have been on enough Princess (and other companies) cruises to decide for myself.....................I am still booking with Princess as my main choice of carrier.

Pete

Yes I am for real and whilst all decisions are complex, something triggered me to look around.

To some extent you are correct. I have certainly not walked away from Princess, I still like the smaller ships and Island/Coral, (I also like the 'larger' Seabourn ships - Sojourn and Odyssey - and P&O's Oceana - not tried Aurora or Oriana).

Ok, I do not particularly like the large Princess ships having experienced the, well documented, noise problems of the suites on Riviera deck and I don't like the lack of shade on the mini-suites. However, as loyal client of Princess, with a Christmas cruise booked on Ocean Princess, I had not looked anywhere else and booked my flights some time ago, with the intention of either touring for a few days in Florida, or taking the Caribbean Princess cruise as a 'gap filling cruise' with the intention of avoiding my dislike of the suites and mini-suites on that class of ship by booking a C deck premium balcony cabin with the large half covered balcony.

Whatever, something this morning triggered me to look around and when I did, I came across Celebrity Constellation offering suites, in my timescale, for nearly €200 less than those on Caribbean Princess and very quickly decided that I was prepared to try the quality of service in the suites on Celebrity.

So, to some extent you are right, it was not simply the programme. However, something between yesterday and today caused me to look around and it was during the process of looking around that I came across the Celebrity Constellation sailing which fitted in with my timing needs and cabin category preferences.

Ok, it is not a single factor, but something has to tip the balance and become to triggering event. In my case it was the appalling images projected in the programme and without that triggering event, I would have been content to book a Premium Balcony cabin on Caribbean Princess. So to that extent my decision was a direct result of the programme and to repeat I am real.

Edited by Corfe Mixture

Any way to see the series online with an foreign IP?

Tried the itv.com website with a working username and password from BugMeNot.com, used the Queen's postal code when I got asked for a region check but it didn't played "in my region".

Edited by FreestyleNovice

Any way to see the series online with an foreign IP?

Tried the itv.com website with a working username and password from BugMeNot.com, used the Queen's postal code when I got asked for a region check but it didn't played "in my region".

Have you installed and switched on the Hola or Zenmate app ? These apps disguise where you are from - in your case set it to UK then log on to ITV. I live in Wales which did not have the broadcast live, but using the app I was able to. When you have finished watching it, remember to turn the app back off. Try another postcode - the queens' maybe unique. I used CV21 2BG as the post code.

Wouldn't you get the free drink package on Celebrity to make up for the mini bar set up? I thought the promo ran through the end of the month and was applicable to the UK? Maybe it's only for 7 day bookings

After the appalling publicity of this week decided against Caribbean Princess, though still comfortable with Ocean and have now decided to take a similar 5 day on Celebrity Constellation departing 12th.

To see what you will be missing on the CB, see http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2070143

Thanks. I found it. There wasn't one completely positive remark, but I like how the Princess moderator kept thanking everyone for their interest. LOL.

I belong to a Facebook Cruising site that is mostly brits...OMG :eek: the comments on there are just brutal, 100s of them.

http://www.travelweekly.co.uk/Articles/2014/07/14/48644/princess-cruises-tv-show-attracts-3.1m-viewers.html

A fly-on-the-wall TV show about the staff and crew on board a Princess Cruises ship attracted an audience of 3.1 million when it aired last week.

Is 3.1 million viewers good or bad for Princess ?

Edited by Pennbank

http://www.travelweekly.co.uk/Articles/2014/07/14/48644/princess-cruises-tv-show-attracts-3.1m-viewers.html

A fly-on-the-wall TV show about the staff and crew on board a Princess Cruises ship attracted an audience of 3.1 million when it aired last week.

Is 3.1 million viewers good or bad for Princess ?

That's probably fairly good for a documentary in the UK, especially about cruising. Cruising which is growing in popularity in the UK, is no way near as popular as it is in the US going off the % of the population that travels abroad and cruises.

Edited by newport dave