Uk cruisers new itv programme

tartanexile81

We haven't cruised with Princess for 4 years but have one booked for February 2015. When I saw the programme I wondered what on earth had happened to Princess since 2010 and the thought of spending a fortnight on a ship like that made we wonder what we were doing. Thank goodness everying else seems to think that the programme isn't a true representation of a Princess cruise - I can now sit back and look forward to it again!

We have a friend who has a friend who is a purser for Princess, we have met her on a number of occasions (not on our cruises but when on leave) I asked my friend what the friends response to the programme was, her one comment was SH..

hear·say

ˈhi(ə)rˌsā/Submit

noun

information received from other people that one cannot adequately substantiate; rumor.

"according to hearsay, Bob had managed to break his arm"

synonyms: rumor, gossip, tittle-tattle, idle talk; More

LAW

the report of another person's words by a witness, usually disallowed as evidence in a court of law.

"everything they had told him would have been ruled out as hearsay"

We have a friend who has a friend who is a purser for Princess, we have met her on a number of occasions (not on our cruises but when on leave) I asked my friend what the friends response to the programme was, her one comment was SH..

As in be quiet?

Wow...I've watched both episodes now and the program is just very light entertainment. I think y'all were expecting something much different. Does it denigrate Princess? I think not. It's obviously a bit scripted and fairly predictable. Reality TV demands conflict and drama even when none exists. I've seen nothing on the show that I haven't seen on a Princess ship.

It certainly wouldn't put me off booking a cruise on Princess. From what I understand (from a friend at Princess), after the show aired, visits to the Princess website increased and bookings are up... doesn't sound like a failure to me. :rolleyes:

Hi There

Bookings may well go up but will the ships be full of the let's call them Princess traditional cruisers or new let's call them Mandy type cruisers

Yours Shogun

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Forums mobile app

Hi There

Bookings may well go up but will the ships be full of the let's call them Princess traditional cruisers or new let's call them Mandy type cruisers

Yours Shogun

There's a difference?

Hi There

Yes, one needs mushrooms to have a good cruise

Yours Shogun

I think Princess is up to the task. The latest newsletter mentioned "Delicious development on the horizon."

Obviously, this is not a 'documentary' but a reality soap! What is really disappointing is that it is absolute rubbish! Clearly aimed at viewers with a very low IQ.

However, like many, we will continue as there is so very little programming about a holiday choice so loved by so many, including us, of course. We will try to ignore the infantile plot lines and caricatured individuals featured and focus on what really interests, the ship, features, facilities, etc.

Don't flame Princess but blame the programme makers for making such tosh.

Why are they making out that Geogeous :) George IS the entertainment every night when in reality it appears he just sings in the Atrium?

Have never seen 'Gorgeous George' on any of our Princess cruises and cannot say I want to see him on any future Princess cruises 😱

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I finally gave in and installed hola so I could check this out. After technical difficulties I finally gave up and switched to IE (uggh...) and it worked ok after that.

I have to say that this show, while a bit odd, isn't nearly as horrible as I was led to believe by reading this (and the other!) thread. It's definitely "entertainment TV" as opposed to a documentary but it could actually be far worse.

(I may do the "bad" thing and cross post this to "the other" thread as well. I'm not sure why the two threads weren't combined by an admin.)

Why are they making out that Geogeous :) George IS the entertainment every night when in reality it appears he just sings in the Atrium?
Strange, because there is no mention of George in Maiden Caribbean Patters.. He did make the last two nights of the Transatlantic Patters. Actually, there was quite a variety of Piazza entertainment on the two cruises. Edited by billco

I'm wondering if they are going to do more than the 2 second mention of the shows or if they are just going to give the impression that George is the acme of entertainment.

Yes that was my point earlier as well. Any non cruisers watching would think that was it someone singing walking down the stairs.

It also never seems to mention children although we did see a few running around in the background on the beach. Again giving non cruisers the impression that it is all older travellers that cruise when in reality nowadays lots of young families and couples cruise.

Hi. Not sailed with princess yet.but they are one of the next on our list.

Surely they are better than the programme has come across.

Who would you say princess are compared too?

We have sailed with p&o,celebrity,thomson,rccl,and ncl.