TRANSATLANTIC IN OCTOBER---clothing question

dobes3kh

We are taking our first transatlantic this October (latter half) and I was wondering what we should pack? We depart from Rome, stopping in Madeira and then in the Caribbean.

What is the temperature like onboard? Saw some postings on CC stating that a more southerly cruise will obviously be warmer but I'm not sure if that means shorts and tees in the second half of October?

For those of you who have cruised at this time, did you find the ship cool? We're going on the Reflection.

Thanks

The islands will be hot. i would were shorts n ship during the day. hopefully near the end of cruise you can sit at pool.

Thanks ellbon.

Did you find it warm enough to sit out on the balcony? Did you need a jacket/sweater? We are port side.

thanks

Thanks ellbon.

Did you find it warm enough to sit out on the balcony? Did you need a jacket/sweater? We are port side.

thanks

Weather is weather and who knows for sure this far out. You are still in hurricane season. I've taken the Southern Route many times in late October and early November and always (fingers crossed) have had good weather. You could encounter rain. Only needed a light jacket. You are on the warm side of the ship and should have ample time to enjoy your balcony. You can be almost certain that you will be much warmer than if you stayed in Canada. Enjoy your cruise.

We did the TA in November 2010 from Barcelona & it was between 18-20c at the beginning & only got warmer as we crossed very smooth great weather, enjoy.

Edited by If only

We did the TA last November December from Barcelona to Fort Lauderdale.

Needed a jacket in Barcelona but after we left did not use it at any of the 5 stops. Was out by the pool everyday on the crossing. It got warmer as we headed west. On the crossing worn shorts everyday.

The inside of the ship is relatively constant temperature, although there are always warm and cool spots. During the day, the general travel advice applies....bring layers. even if it's hot, there are seats in the shade...and if it's cool, a deck chair in the sun out of the wind is nice with just a long sleeve shirt or light sweater. Obviously, anything can happen, but one would think it will be cooler leaving Europe and warmer when you approach Florida.

Edited by ghstudio

My Mediterranean TA was cooler and rainer than I predicted. It was never short/capri weather until we were closer to the Caribbean. I went on a northern route TA this year and it was shorts/capri weather for the majority of the way with the pool and sunning areas well occupied. Like everyone says, the weather is unpredictable.