Qsine on Summit - reviews? discounts?

cbny

We absolutely loved Qsine when we ate in the one on Silhouette two and a half years ago, and we are hoping the one on Summit will be equally good when we sail later this month.

If you have eaten in Qsine on Summit, what was your experience? Did you think it was worth the money? Also, were you offered any discounts once you were on board? That is what happened to us when we were on Silhouette, and it would be good to know if that happens on Summit, too.

Thanks for any help you an offer.

Happy cruising.

Carrie

We absolutely loved Qsine when we ate in the one on Silhouette two and a half years ago, and we are hoping the one on Summit will be equally good when we sail later this month.

If you have eaten in Qsine on Summit, what was your experience? Did you think it was worth the money? Also, were you offered any discounts once you were on board? That is what happened to us when we were on Silhouette, and it would be good to know if that happens on Summit, too.

Happy cruising.

Carrie

We did not think it was worth it on the Summit, but I don't think it was because it was the Summit. If you liked it on Silhouette, I'm sure you will enjoy it on the Summit. I think view from the Qsine is very good.

Burt

We enjoyed it on the Summit, perhaps not $45 pp worth, but it was good! But we were Aqua class, and we got a 50% discount for going the first night. There was a coupon in our room.

There is also a 20% discount for booking to eat there the first night, if you book online before the cruise, I think. You pay the full price ahead then get the 20% back on your ship board account. Not entirely sure how it works, but I think I read that somewhere.

Darn autocorrect! Off summit yesterday and loved Quisine so much we ate there 2x. We told them we couldn't eat there the first night so they extended 30 percent off to the next night. The service and staff were excellent! We were in Aqua so not sure if 30 percent was due to that or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We were on Summit last October and ate there twice; we loved it. The first night was 2 for 1 (we were aqua). We got a free dinner there for booking a cruise on board, too, which made us very happy, since we already had the reservation and had intended to pay.

Ohiodoglover

Most specialty restaurants have first night discounts. How many, and how much the discounts are for later nights truly depend on supply and demand. If they are booked up well, discounts are few. If not, then they want to get people in there and will ante up. It has been my experience for any restaurant that quality really varies by cruise rather than by ship. I presume this is due to the current chef and his/her crew, and the quality of the food purchased that cruise. If you sailed a ship back to back to back for a few sailings, then I expect it would be consistent, but overall - in my experience in 25+ Celebrity cruises it really varies. I have had excellent and not quite up to par food in the same venue on the same ship on different sailings.

We have eaten at Qsine on 3 different ships including the Summit and always have gotten 2 for 1 which is 50 percent off. We have enjoyed it each time.

Nice, how did you get 2 for 1? We were looking at the menu one day and they offered us 20% off which we took.. I liked it, the experience was fun but don't think it was worth the money…..

We were on the Summit the week before Christmas and every day they were giving discounts at Qsine. They set up a display during the day as you come out of Oceanview cafe, near the pool. Ask for a discount anytime. When I asked, I was asked "what would you be willing to pay?" so I said I could see $30 a person being reasonable and they agreed. We went that night and there were maybe 10 other diners from the start of our dinner til we left (6:30-8:30). We were coming back from an excursion the next day and were asked as we entered the boat by the same person (who coincidentally was our waiter in Qsine) if we wanted to go again because he knew we enjoyed ourselves. I said "I should have asked for 50% last night" and he said "that would be no problem tonight". We passed on it but there are deals to be had at least during that time of year.

Thank you all for the great replies. We don't really want to eat at Qsine the first night since we are doing traditional dining (late seating) and would like to meet our tablemates then, but we are happy to go any night after that. Obviously, the larger the discount, the better. We will be in a Concierge Class cabin and have just become Captain Club Elite members. Does anyone know if there are likely to be any discounts for either of those?

Happy cruising.

Carrie

We loved Qsine on all of the Celebrity Ships. Sometimes, not always, if they aren't booked up, you can get a discount on board. But I would prebook at home and if a discount becomes available that meets your needs, re-book and cancel your original dinner reservation. You will get a ship credit if you do 24 hours in advance. The restaurant has so many choices, that we like to go twice per cruise if we can. We always over order and typically cancel a couple of items! It is also fun as the restaurant staff is great.

Enjoy your cruises

We have eaten at Qsine with a group on every cruise. We just wait til they have set up a table in front of the buffet trying for bookings. We ask if any discounts are available and they say 20%. I say, oh, I was looking for 50%. Every single time they have said okay and I have gotten it for groups up to 20. Just don't accept their first offer!!

You may find the waiters trolling in the martini bar some nights too, that's a great time. We have been able to choose our night and time, too. Hope this helps.

How did you get the 50% off? Or maybe I should say where ?

It's usually offered the first night on the ship. There are people walking around as you board who can help.

As for Qsine on Summit, I enjoyed it a little more than on Silhouette. It's a bit smaller and bit more intimate. Both had great food though!

I had hoped to try it but not at full price on our Summit cruise. Didn't try on night one but asked on morning 2 and then again a couple of times. Always told 'no discount, sorry' .

I had read of so many people getting discounts that there was no way I'd book at full price just on principle.

Maybe I'll catch one on our next trip.

We dined in Qsine on Summit and enjoyed it very much. We recently dined in Qsine on Infinity, and to be honest, it was not a good experience. It is in the back of the ship and sunset was very late so the room was quite hot with the sun beating in. The food was not great this time, some came out cold and had to be returned. The sommelier was awful and never came around to refill glasses or let us order another bottle of wine. Our dinner was free as we were in a RS, but the 3 friends that we traveled with had to pay for theirs and I was very disappointed for them. I promised them a fun and great dining experience, which did not happen so we picked up their bills.

Again, on the Summit, it was excellent.

Darn autocorrect! Off summit yesterday and loved Quisine so much we ate there 2x. We told them we couldn't eat there the first night so they extended 30 percent off to the next night. The service and staff were excellent! We were in Aqua so not sure if 30 percent was due to that or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Ditto - sailed on July 6th. My parents actually got a 30% off coupon when they got their door cards (I did not get one...). It was valid for the first 2 nights.

Dinner was AMAZING! Great presentations, yummy food - well worth the 62$ (we gave an extra tip because service was that good). A meal like this at home would be 100$+ / person

Thanks again to everyone for the great feedback. I think we will go to Qsine early on and ask for a discount - 50% off would be fabulous! - but it seems availability has a lot to do with supply and demand. Either way, we will go there at least once since we loved both the food and the experience so much on Silhouette. We, too, over-ordered and were too stuffed to try everything, although we would have loved to with so many amazing items on the menu. Very happy that we will have the chance to eat there on Summit this time. :D

My family and I had the pleasure of dining at Qsine on our first Celebrity cruise ever which was on the Summit a few months ago. We thought it was worth the $$ for such a unique experience, and the food was terrific. I only hope that Herbie is still working there and that you have the opportunity to meet him. He is one in a million and made our experience much more fun and special!

We enjoyed Q'sine for the unique experience and were not bothered by the $45 surcharge. With that being said, I think the novelty wore off after the first experience and I am not sure how it would be the second time. The food is good but the novelty is the main attraction. We were on an 11 day cruise and they had a few nights with a 2 for 1 offer. At 50% off, I would definitely return but would have to think about it at full price.