Explore4 is Returning

LAFFNVEGAS

Thanks for the listing Lisa:D I am booked on the 2/27/15 Noordam sailing, so I will definitely keeping an eye on the pricing with E4 vs. without. We got a good deal on it on the last time the promo was offered.

Question: for my upcoming 2/27/15 sailing, my parents are coming along also - our bookings are linked - if we both get the E4 promo, what are the chances we'll be booked at a table for 4 for our free Pinnacle dinner? Last time the Pinnacle bookings were a disaster, and we never got our free dinner.

We have had the beverage packages on our last two Celebrity sailings and one recent HAL sailing. We VERY much enjoyed them and will not sail without them. For us, it makes our cruise all-inclusive. I am under no illusion that the cruise fare isn't increased, but for us, it is worth it. :)

What I like about this recent press release is that they have FINALLY explained the signature beverage package more clearly! :eek: :p

Thanks for the listing Lisa:D I am booked on the 2/27/15 Noordam sailing, so I will definitely keeping an eye on the pricing with E4 vs. without. We got a good deal on it on the last time the promo was offered.

Question: for my upcoming 2/27/15 sailing, my parents are coming along also - our bookings are linked - if we both get the E4 promo, what are the chances we'll be booked at a table for 4 for our free Pinnacle dinner? Last time the Pinnacle bookings were a disaster, and we never got our free dinner.

Even though your bookings are linked, that is not a guarantee that your free Pinnacle dinners will be linked.

Even though your bookings are linked, that is not a guarantee that your free Pinnacle dinners will be linked.

Yes, indeed! Stop by the Pinnacle first thing upon boarding. We thought we had linked reservations with our relatives. The ship did not share our view.

You got that right!!

It must be stated there has been extremely little negative reaction to this promotion and I honestly don't recall one non-Explore4 cruiser post they have had issues reserving Pinnacle.

We originally booked our upcoming Alaskan cruise on the Statendam with the Explore Four package. Repriced at final payment due date relinquishing the package and saved over $1400. Can purchase the signature beverage package upon boarding and still save over $750!:)

Thanks for posting that long list, Lisa. All it will do is make it difficult to get a reservation in the Pinnacle Grill with all these freebies.

I will agree that on our last cruise (where many had the Explore4 Package) the Pinnacle was more crowded for dinner on the 4 nights we were there than we'd ever seen it before.

I will agree that on our last cruise (where many had the Explore4 Package) the Pinnacle was more crowded for dinner on the 4 nights we were there than we'd ever seen it before.

Let's hope they have the Pinnacle issue fixed. It was a mess on our Noordam cruise in March. We canceled our free Amex Platinum Pinnacle reservation after a dismal experience with our Explore 4 one, which was scheduled first. We wound up changing the Amex Pinnacle from dinner to lunch. Lunch was great. I think that the promo overloaded the restaurant.

I didn't find it too bad on that cruise but we only dined there one evening (and one lunch) and it was early in the evening.

If I want to take one of the listed cruises "on sale" next week, should I book this week and check to see prices next week....or should I wait until it's available?

(I'm new to HA, so I don't know their cancellation policies or if they limit this type of sale to "new bookings").

Thanks for the heads up. I'm booked on one of these cruises and will wait and see if we can get it without a significant price increase.

Good Luck with that! I am sure prices will increase quite a bit to pay for at least part of the promotion.

DaveOKC

Thanks for the heads up. I'm booked on one of these cruises and will wait and see if we can get it without a significant price increase.

Good luck! We got the Explore 4 without a price increase last year. It was the lame $50 beverage card and not the awesome non-stop happy hour version, but... "Yay! Free stuff!"

Wishing you free stuff too. :)

If I want to take one of the listed cruises "on sale" next week, should I book this week and check to see prices next week....or should I wait until it's available?

(I'm new to HA, so I don't know their cancellation policies or if they limit this type of sale to "new bookings").

It will depend on the value of the Explore4 promo to YOU (and the cancellation policy where you reside or booked).

What happened last time is that some people who booked prior to the promo being announced got the promo at no additional cost. However, some were told that they had to pay the difference in the fare, as many fares increased just prior to the promo being announced.

I was one who was told to pay the difference which was a significant amount and not worth it. What I did do was cancel my original C$ booking and rebooked at a slightly reduced fare but in US$. Because it was a new booking to the US TA, I received the Explore4.

Was it worth it? In hindsight, probably not for us. We're not big drinkers and normally wouldn't have more than one or two purchased drinks in a day. The rest of the day, I'm fine with water. That's what I drink at home.

I can't tell where you're located. In some locations outside of North America, the cancellation policy is such that one can lose a significant amount of the deposit if one cancels.

So, before you book this week, check to see what the policy is if you were to cancel and rebook next week. There are no guarantees that you will be able to get your cruise refared to include the promo. Last year, it really seemed to depend on your TA and the HAL person who processed the request.

The other thing you should know is that if there is a price drop, you may have to give up the promo to get the price drop. Again, that depends on the value of the promo to you, and the amount of the price drop. Price drops can be significant, and are honoured by HAL up until final payment date. You would just have to get your booking refared.

Good Luck to you, whichever way you choose to go.

Good luck! We got the Explore 4 without a price increase last year. It was the lame $50 beverage card and not the awesome non-stop happy hour version, but... "Yay! Free stuff!"

I got it last year too after having my TA make the call. She is going to call again after the launch date. Not going to take an upsell to a Suite but will take the beverage card. Can't remember if I also got a free Pinnacle. Not sure on that but I think I did.

bob

Out TA also was able to get the promo on both the Caribbean and Alaska cruises. The Alaskan cruise did go up in price, but she was able to get the promo at the original price we had booked for that cruise. She was also able to get the Explore4 promo for our friends who also joined us on both those cruises as well as free hotel rooms at the Pan Pacific in Vancouver, long after we had booked that cruise. To top it off, we received a 14% "bare bones" discount for those cruises. She is a gem!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Forums mobile app

Edited by kjw869

Hi, Lisa. Thanks for posting this info.

Do Signature Suites receive the $300 OBC as well as Neptune and Pinnacle Suites? I would expect they do.

YES :) Thanks for reminding me. That means the Volendam Signature Suite I booked today for next May could possibly get the $300 rather than $200.00 i got today if the price does not go up much. So it might be worth getting it added ;)

Thanks! Yes, we all love free stuff, don't we? On the other hand, if we would have to pay more we would be fine telling them "no thank you". From the experiences of others on this forum I gather that there are many variables influencing price and amenities offered. My mileage may vary. I'm good with that :) .