BOGOHO sale ends, large increase in prices?

It really depends - Royal tend to have random sales at random dates. Although, Royal may offer deals throughout holidays such as Labor Day Sale, for the following year, Christmas Sale for last minute cruises, etc. You never know with Royal and their sales :rolleyes:

I've been looking at a cruise on the Oasis next March, and before the sale ended the prices seemed reasonable. But when I checked today, the price jumped about $700 total. Do you think this price will drop in the coming days/weeks?

Yes, I think the prices will eventually drop to pre-BOGOHO levels.

Because already inflated 1st/2nd pax rates went up, I'm wondering if they are about to offer new promo for 3rd/4th pax free; kids sail free, whatever, b/c right now they are not competitive to someone comparing prices to other lines.

Because already inflated 1st/2nd pax rates went up, I'm wondering if they are about to offer new promo for 3rd/4th pax free; kids sail free, whatever, b/c right now they are not competitive to someone comparing prices to other lines.

They do seem to be going from one promo to another lately.

3rd pax comes up at half price when I look now for our Allure 2015 Cruise.

Ive been seeing the prices change a bunch also. I'm planning on going on the Adventure of the Seas next June and about every week the prices change. I'm probably just going to wait till my cruise in Nov and just book it on board. Reduced deposit, on board credit, can't go wrong.

They better start a promotion soon b/c pax starting to think summer ending, and about the next spring break (not everyone plans way ahead like CC), will find RCCL uncompetitive, or at least as uncompetitive as DCL. If they can sell at those prices, though, good news for RCCL.

Mid March 2014 Sailing:

Allure B1-2029pp

NCL Getaway-1059pp (lowest type balcony)

DCL Fantasy-1995pp (lowest type balcony)

Princess Regal-1099pp (lowest type balcony)

All three same weekend, 7 nights, eastern sailing out of SoFL port (PC,FLL,Miami).

3rd pax comes up at half price when I look now for our Allure 2015 Cruise.

Yep, something designed to encourage families to bunk together I guess. Showing $2029 for first two pax and $542 for 3rd and 4th. It's around 75% off for 3rd and 4th.

It's a terrible rate for the majority of cruiser who like to cruise two to a cabin so if they are comparing this week, Allure won't be worth it. At current prices, I'd try Princess.

Yes, I think the prices will eventually drop to pre-BOGOHO levels.

Hope you're right. Had a totally weird booking this morning. Had to transfer a 2015 cruise from Vision to Freedom due to schedule conflicts, so we lost the BOGO deal we had on Vision. The FOS price was within $100 of what we originally booked on Vision, so no harm, no foul. Went in this afternoon to check on pricing for a friend, and the FOS price had jumped $150pp from what we paid this morning. Glad I got to C&A before revenue got into the office :)

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Edited by orville99

Our JS on Liberty went up $1,378.65 for 3 adults when the BOGO ended! :eek:

We have been looking at many different cruises for 2015, and a balcony on Liberty next June jumped about $1100 for three people! Crazy.

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

We booked the Jul 14, 2015 Alaska cruise with the sale and the price for an E-2 balcony was 3811.68. Today when I look at the same cruise for an E-2 cabin the price is 4951.68. That is a BIG price increase.

^ that's what I was thinking...

A~

Our Freedom cruise on 3-15-15 has increased from $614 per person to $1437 per person for an interior room!! Glad we booked early during the BOGOHO sale!!

Wow, that's a much bigger jump than I've seen. I've been watching about 8 different 2014/15 cruises, and they all jumped 33% when the BOGOHO was removed. No changes since then.

Our E1 on Navigator for 2/8/15 went from a BOGOHO base price per person of $512, to a mind-blowing $1495pp as of right now. :eek: It has gone up I think twice just since the promotion ended. Crazy!! I'm very glad we got in on the sale at the beginning!

That sounds like a ridiculous price. I'm starting to think they have some issues with their pricing software.

Ours for Jan 2015 jumped up tremendously also. We have friends thinking about joining us. They are going to be sorry they didn't book already. With these new prices, I dont' think they will book at all :eek:

Ours for Jan 2015 jumped up tremendously also. We have friends thinking about joining us. They are going to be sorry they didn't book already. With these new prices, I dont' think they will book at all :eek:

Unless it's Quantum, Anthem, or Christmas, I wouldn't worry about prices not coming down. Just keep looking.

That sounds like a ridiculous price. I'm starting to think they have some issues with their pricing software.

Not quiet as extreme but a Freedom cruise I was looking at during BOGOHO for April 26 2015 was 494.00 pp for Promenade and came to a little over 1K total with taxes and charges. I thought it was a wonderful deal and should have booked it.

That same cruise for the same cabin is now 1029.00 pp before taxes and charges :eek:

Edited by ryano

Noticed this too, we are planning on going on our first RCI cruise on the oasis next summer but haven't booked yet. Encouraging to see that there will probably be a good chance of it coming back down eventually.