Regal Princess, Grand Mediterranean itinerary - the Good, the Bad and the Ugly

dmc511

We also are on the Sept. 23rd Med. Cruise porting out of Venice, we are also staying in Venice 2days prior!! Very excited, however we are wondering which way would be best of transport from the airport? Does anyone have a suggestion?

Welcome to Cruise Critic!

Come and join the roll call for the cruise....

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1911517

Water taxi would be a good choice, drops off right at/near the pier.

We are on the Sept. 23rd Med. Cruise porting out of Venice, we are also staying in Venice 2days prior!! Very excited, however we are wondering which way would be best of transport from the airport? Does anyone have a suggestion?

Suntransfers

http://www.suntransfers.com we have used them before with no problems and very reasonable compared with Princess, we have paid €45 for 6

Cruise porting out of Venice, we are also staying in Venice 2days prior!! Very excited, however we are wondering which way would be best of transport from the airport? Does anyone have a suggestion?

Welcome to Cruise Critic!

Water taxi would be a good choice, drops off right at/near the pier.

o Depends on definition of best. Most scenic? Quickest? Lowest cost?

o Since poster is arriving two days before the cruise, does not need transportation from airport to the pier.

o Answer may also depend on where the poster is staying those two nights. On the mainland? Near Piazzale Roma? A hotel near the Grand Canal?

Some responses to the questions asked.

On the Horizon Court terrace, there were two wicker settees and 4-6 wicker seats if I remember correctly.

In Venice airport to Pizzale Rome was 6 euros per person on the aerobus or 40 euros for a cab to the Pizzale Roma. Water taxi was far more expensive, in the region of 100 euros I believe. It depends if you are booked in a hotel prior to the cruise. We stayed in a hotel post cruise and took the people mover from the port/dock to Pizzale Roma and then our hotel was only one bridge away - chosen specifically because of this. if you want to go directly from the airport to the port,then you can use a taxi, I presume costing 40 euros.

We had a fabulous time on the Regal with an outstanding itinerery. It was only when we came back and told people of where we had been, that we realized just how amazing the list of ports we had visited had been. The ship itself was great too. We would certainly cruise on the Regal again.

Exactly, that is why HC staff should get these non eaters out. HC is for eating not for card playing or reading, plenty of other places for that.

Come on Princess, establish the HC Police !!!

Totally agree.

Exactly, that is why HC staff should get these non eaters out. HC is for eating not for card playing or reading, plenty of other places for that.

Come on Princess, establish the HC Police !!!

Don't want to fuss but have a question. Where, other than the Horizon Court, would you suggest a group of 4 or more sit at a table to play cards/games? I agree there are other places to read - more peaceful certainly than the HC. As for talking, I have no problem with folks enjoying a visit over a cup of coffee after their meal - UNLESS - there are lots of folks looking for a place to sit to eat.

I'm getting on Regal next week and wondered if anyone can help?

We are on an overnight in Venice, we want to get off the first night however we have 2 teens 15 & 16 who want to attend the teen club so need to wait till they're in before we get off.

Does anyone know what time this starts or have a Teem/Remix Patter from the first day you could check or post for me please x or even the Royal from last year.

I see from the Patter that the cost of the vaporetto is $15 and says you can use as many times as you like, if your on an overnight does this apply to both days or is it $15 per day.

Can you buy the alcohol/soda packages on the second day (we had the choice last year on Carnival to purchase day 1 or 2 )

Also a list of movies/concerts shown, Thanks

We did a Med cruise last year on the Ruby Princess, and we arrived in Venice a few days before the cruise departed, so time was not an issue when looking for transport from the airport to our B&B which was located near St Marks Square, so we chose a public water taxi, it did the long route but it was excellent way to see the sights and feel a part of Venice arriving on the water.

You exit the airport, and follow the signs to the Public Water Taxis and buy your ticket there, make sure you have some Euros on you though. It is a few minutes walk,all covered walkway, and you just follow the crowds!

To work out which station to get off, just look on the internet for the water taxi routes and work out which stop best to get off at.

It was a fun way to arrive, took about 1 hour, but we were on Italian time by then!

Enjoy your cruise.

Pat

• 2 weeks later...
Don't want to fuss but have a question. Where, other than the Horizon Court, would you suggest a group of 4 or more sit at a table to play cards/games? I agree there are other places to read - more peaceful certainly than the HC. As for talking, I have no problem with folks enjoying a visit over a cup of coffee after their meal - UNLESS - there are lots of folks looking for a place to sit to eat.

OMG, there are places all over the ship

I just got off last week. I often saw people playing cards in the library or on the tables across from Princess Live.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Tables across from Princess Live - Thank You! Probably would not play in the library, we are not quiet when we play and those reading (if they are like me) would not be happy with our silliness.:D

Don't want to fuss but have a question. Where, other than the Horizon Court, would you suggest a group of 4 or more sit at a table to play cards/games? ...........

We haven't been on the Regal yet (that has to wait until December), but, on our Ruby cruise in March they had the Crown Grill open from 9am to 3pm on several days for playing games. They had a pile of board games and cards available or you could bring your own. The days available were in the Patter. Or you could always ask at the passenger service desk. I also noticed several people playing Mahjong near the hamburger grill area, but, not during peak dining time.

You would not want to play cards in the Library on Royal/Regal--there's only one big table and the room is much to small. As I recall from the Royal, they had the AFT Dining Room open and designated as a place to play games/cards. I also seem to recall that people played in the Crown Grill but I'm less sure about that--may be getting it mixed up with the Star. I do remember seeing people reading and playing cards/games in the seating areas outside Princess Live.

Susan