What ship will eventually replace Majesty?

Honestly not thrilled with Oasis coming to PC. Not a fan of the really huge ships. I know, haven't tried them but they just don't interest me.

Rhapsody instead of Enchantment is an even swap I guess. I really wish they continued to have a third doing 4/5s or 5/6s like Explorer.

Honestly not thrilled with Oasis coming to PC. Not a fan of the really huge ships. I know, haven't tried them but they just don't interest me.

Rhapsody instead of Enchantment is an even swap I guess. I really wish they continued to have a third doing 4/5s or 5/6s like Explorer.

Not really an even swap. EN had the extra pool and bar, plus Boleros I believe

That's true, because of the stretch they would have the room for that. And yes there is Boleros on EN. So a very slight downgrade. I love Rhapsody, we sailed her in Alaska two summers back so perfectly OK with that trade.

Oasis is replacing Freedom... it's not that big of a difference, it's not like Jewel or something.

Seems like Rhapsody is a micro-step down, although, again it's quite a small difference. The pool deck will be missed.

We're not Oasis-class cruisers, either, BUT we have tried it. We loved the ship.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2140386

There were things I definitely didn't like. I didn't like that you had to reserve ALL the small shows. I didn't like parking in the worst spots in the ports because she's so huge. It was a bit too crowded sometimes. However, I'd 100% recommend anyone give it a go. If she's in PC, I'm even more likely to repeat, despite the misgivings.

I've said many times that the Voyager-class ships are our Goldilocks ships. They are perfect for us. Not too big, not too small, but just right. I can certainly understand your distaste for huge ships, but I'd also still say to try it out.

Edited by poncho1973

That's what they have now.

That will make Paulette happy. :) Rhapsody will cause some excitement on the other deployment thread, as it was expected in Europe for summer 2016. As of right now the TA on Rhapsody from Brazil can still be booked. :confused: DW wants to travel to Sicily in 2016, so we are waiting to see what Vision may do.

Happiness is relative. I was never of the opinion that Royal would abandon Port of Miami, as some others thought. With Navigator being designated to sail from Miami, they are placing more attention on Miami as a great port to sail from.

We cruised on Enchantment once, and since she will be taking over the 3/4 night cruises, probably do again. Having Nav in Miami on 5/9 itineraries, gives people a little bit longer cruise options.

Enchantment being replaced with a smaller ship (Rhapsody) was never even a thought to me, but it would l make sense, if as some say, Enchantment has had some difficulty sailing full. Now with Rhapsody they have a few less cabins to fill, and giving cruisers a different experience.

Funny thing....thats the one thing I'll miss on MJ. The Boleros on MJ is the best in the fleet. Otherwise, EN is a definite upgrade for those of us in South Florida. :)

Funny thing....thats the one thing I'll miss on MJ. The Boleros on MJ is the best in the fleet. Otherwise, EN is a definite upgrade for those of us in South Florida. :)

We know what our next couple of cruises will be.....we'll see what the actual itineraries are and dates....then we'll decide.

Edited by Paulette3028

That's true, because of the stretch they would have the room for that. And yes there is Boleros on EN. So a very slight downgrade. I love Rhapsody, we sailed her in Alaska two summers back so perfectly OK with that trade.

Actually I liked Rhapsody better than EoS, I don't feel it's a downgrade for you. Giovanni's plus Chops, great Izumi's. The DL at the aft of the ship is spectacular with the full aft view. Other tyhan no Boleros nor the explanded pool deck, she's a great ship. Loved her up in the Northwest on the Alaska runs.

Actually I liked Rhapsody better than EoS, I don't feel it's a downgrade for you. Giovanni's plus Chops, great Izumi's. The DL at the aft of the ship is spectacular with the full aft view. Other tyhan no Boleros nor the explanded pool deck, she's a great ship. Loved her up in the Northwest on the Alaska runs.

EVERY ship has it plusses and minuses....no doubt.

When looking at Miami as a departure point, what they are saying with the addition of Navigator, is that they believe they can capitalize on more marketshare with a smaller ship doing the 3/4 runs and NofS having a 5/9 run option. So now they cover 3/4/5/7 and 9 day runs for northerners who want to escape the snow to relatively easy locations to fly into -- either FLL or Miami. Sounds like a good business move. Am I disappointed a Voyager ship isn't doing the 3/4 runs.....maybe just a little bit.

If it turns more profits, as a stockholder, its great.

I agree. Loved her in Alaska, like I said a slight, maybe even technical, downgrade. Will love sailing Rhapsody out of PC :D

And this confirms that Oasis is coming to PC!!! NICE!

Miami

Enchantment of the Seas 3N/4N Bahamas.

Navigator of the Seas 5N Bahamas/Mexico & 9N ABC in the winter.

PC

Rhapsody of the Seas 3N/4N Bahamas

And there's a couple of curveballs we've been waiting for. Love Love Love the Navigator idea!!! So easy to do a 14 day b2b Bahamas then ABC's, what a superb itinerary for many I would think. And Rhapsody came out of left field... wow!

• So Vision gone for good from Tampa.
  • Adventure stays in SJ.
  • Grandeur stays in Baltimore
  • EoS goes to Miami (Per Clarea right from the get go... Key West)
  • Navigator in Miami!!! Exactly what I had hoped (not Adventure)

Now decisions decisions... do I visit Majesty one last time or wait for the Navigator itineraries? :D

I agree, there will be some advantages of Rhapsody over Enchantment. You mentioned the additional specialty restaurants. Also, because of the lack of additional staterooms due to the Enchantment stretch, the theater and Windjammer should be less crowded.

Edited by clarea

So now they cover 3/4/5/7 and 9 day runs for northerners who want to escape the snow to relatively easy locations to fly into -- either FLL or Miami.

Don't forget Freedom. That means there will be 3/4/5/6/7/8 and 9 night cruises.

And there's a couple of curveballs we've been waiting for. Love Love Love the Navigator idea!!! So easy to do a 14 day b2b Bahamas then ABC's, what a superb itinerary for many I would think. And Rhapsody came out of left field... wow!

• So Vision gone for good from Tampa.
  • Adventure stays in SJ.
  • Grandeur stays in Baltimore
  • EoS goes to Miami (Per Clarea right from the get go... Key West)
  • Navigator in Miami!!! Exactly what I had hoped (not Adventure)

Now decisions decisions... do I visit Majesty one last time or wait for the Navigator itineraries? :D

OUCH!!! I have whiplash!!!

I will say this about ports of embarkation:

From my/a flyer's point of view, different from a Floridian's: Port Everglades and Fort Lauderdale and FLL are a much friendlier, easier, less expensive departure than Miami/MIA.

OUCH!!! I have whiplash!!!

I will say this about ports of embarkation:

From my/a flyer's point of view, different from a Floridian's: Port Everglades and Fort Lauderdale and FLL are a much friendlier, easier, less expensive departure than Miami/MIA.

I agree. I'd also rather do Port Canaveral than Miami.

I agree. I'd also rather do Port Canaveral than Miami.

Really? My only time flying into Orlando was a very long limo ride to get on Freedom, equivalent to Galveston from Houston... about an hour. Not a cheap transfer at all. Miami was way better imho... pretty quick taxi, maybe 20-25 minutes?

Really? My only time flying into Orlando was a very long limo ride to get on Freedom, equivalent to Galveston from Houston... about an hour. Not a cheap transfer at all. Miami was way better imho... pretty quick taxi, maybe 20-25 minutes?

I didn't have a problem in Miami. Done that for the Adventure Ta last April. Stayed in South Beach and got a cab. Little queue at boarding but not a disaster.

It all depends on personal priorities. I like the more uncrowded, less hectic, area of Port Canaveral/Cocoa Beach to Miami. We rent a car and are at the port in 45 minutes. Car is usually around $70. Stay the night before in a reasonably priced hotel in the Cocoa Beach area, eat at one of the decent restaurants on the channel, turn the car in the next day and get a free shuttle ride to the port.

The only common part between Port Canaveral and Galveston is the 45 minute drive to the port. Shuttles, rental cars (if you can find one to do a one-way rental with an office open on Sunday in Galveston), hotels (two day stay requirements are common on Galveston) all favor Port Canaveral.

It all depends on personal priorities. I like the more uncrowded, less hectic, area of Port Canaveral/Cocoa Beach to Miami. We rent a car and are at the port in 45 minutes. Car is usually around $70. Stay the night before in a reasonably priced hotel in the Cocoa Beach area, eat at one of the decent restaurants on the channel, turn the car in the next day and get a free shuttle ride to the port.

The only common part between Port Canaveral and Galveston is the 45 minute drive to the port. Shuttles, rental cars (if you can find one to do a one-way rental with an office open on Sunday in Galveston), hotels (two day stay requirements are common on Galveston) all favor Port Canaveral.

Ah! Gotcha, makes sense. For me the above isn't important. Fly all day... sleep at an airport hotel. Take the shuttle or quick taxi to the pier. For me Miami was way better :)... plus the time I did a b2b Liberty-Majesty, I stayed a night right on South beach and that was excellent... yes, much more crowded, very busy, very interesting