My plush Princess robe. Love it, but.....

Dreamer333

I've purchased a few of the plush Princess robes over the years (approx $90 each).

I love these robes, but after a few washes, they begin to tear!

I've continued to purchase them because wearing my robe reminds me of being on a cruise, but the one I purchased in January began tearing after ONE wash, so I'm not sure I will ever buy again, and I'm assuming I can't return or exchange!

Has anyone else experienced this?

I've purchased a few of the plush Princess robes over the years (approx $90 each).

I love these robes, but after a few washes, they begin to tear!

I've continued to purchase them because wearing my robe reminds me of being on a cruise, but the one I purchased in January began tearing after ONE wash, so I'm not sure I will ever buy again, and I'm assuming I can't return or exchange!

Not a robe, but I usually buy once piece of jewelry on each cruise...or so I used to. With every single ring I have bought onboard instead of in port, the stone has come loose. I have lost a couple of them only after a month or so. When I took it back on my next cruise, they stated I had to send it back into headquarters with my receipt and complaint. Never will I ever buy any jewelry onboard again...never ever.

BTW -- I have bought a couple of clothing items on Princess, though. They are still some of my favorite items and held up famously. Sorry about the robe situation.

Have not had any problems with ours, and they are getting a bit old, we got them ...was it an anniversary package thing or ultimate ship's tour.....cannot even remember clearly now. They are holding up just fine, wash after wash.

Sorry you are having problems with yours. Perhaps contacting customer service about the most recent purchase falling apart upon the first washing will get a replacement sent out to you.

We received the plush robes several years ago from the Ultimate Ship Tour and ours are also holding up fine after multiple washings. I agree with OP, great memory of being on a cruise!

My robe has got to be going on 5+ years old and its holding up fine. Yes I wash it frequently :D

Ditto. I got my robe on the UST 2 or 3 years ago and it's as lovely and comfy as the first time I wore it. Nothing like cuddling up on a cold day, with the collar snuggling my chin, drinking a cup of hot tea and dreaming of cruises past and future.

I would address this with customer service in the home office, not onboard. It's not normal for them to tear, and to have so many rip is really a puzzle.

Maureen

I'm going to try to book us on the Ultimate Ship's Tour next month. We've never done one. I always thought the price was too much until reading a recent post that described the benefits more completely than I had seen before. This will be our one-year anniversary cruise, so I was looking to add something special.

I'm going to try to book us on the Ultimate Ship's Tour next month. We've never done one. I always thought the price was too much until reading a recent post that described the benefits more completely than I had seen before. This will be our one-year anniversary cruise, so I was looking to add something special.

It is amazing. I think you and Sam will enjoy it - you get lot of stuff so leave room in your luggage for the two fluffly robes and other stuff.:)

Just bring it back on your next cruise & they'll exchange it- no questions asked. We do it with any of their clothing or watches if something goes wrong with it.

I would suggest this too. I bought a bracelet for my daughter on a cruise, the one by the inch, and it was too small. She has very tiny wrists, but I didn't get the right size. I brought it on the next cruise and they replaced it without any hesitation.

We loved the robes in our cabin on our last Princess cruise - but when we went to the gift shop to purchase some, the gift shop had inferior quality robes. The clerk said they had discontinued selling the robes that were similar to the ones in our cabin. We ended up not buying robes.

We got ours on the Ultimate Tour on a T/A, but have not experienced washing them as we never have worn them. They are just too heavy to wear here in Hawaii.:mad: They will probably out last us, wrapped in their original plastic bags up in the closet.:o They are too heavy to pack for flying to each cruise. Maybe we should send them to friends on the mainland for their B-day, just kidding.;)

Not a robe, but I usually buy once piece of jewelry on each cruise...or so I used to. With every single ring I have bought onboard instead of in port, the stone has come loose. I have lost a couple of them only after a month or so. When I took it back on my next cruise, they stated I had to send it back into headquarters with my receipt and complaint. Never will I ever buy any jewelry onboard again...never ever.

Once bought a ring onboard and then happened to find the same ring while in port for half the price:(. Back on board, tried to return the ring but was told the same as you....send it to headquarters.....they cannot take any returns even if bought on the cruise you are on:rolleyes:. Did as instructed, but will never purchase any jewelry onboard again.

Edited by Happy2cruise

Once bought a ring onboard and then happened to find the same ring while in port for half the price:(. Back on board, tried to return the ring but was told the same as you....send it to headquarters.....they cannot take any returns even if bought on the cruise you are on:rolleyes:. Did as instructed, but will never purchase any jewelry onboard again.

We have never had any problem returning an undamaged purchase on the same cruise it was purchased on, even from the jewelry boutique.

I'm not sure I will ever buy again, and I'm assuming I can't return or exchange!

I would contact customer service at HQ. When we had a piece of Princess luggage that failed with first use they replaced it without any problem.

I purchased the light weight waffle one for about $40 dollars in 2009. It held up great. I would never purchase jewelry or watches on board or on the Islands. They are not the bargains they claim to be. I saw a watch I liked and when I priced it, they told me that it was 50% off which came to $150. I didn't think it was worth it. I never heard of the brand. Sure enough when I got home I searched for watches on Over Stock dot com and they had the same watch on sale for $68 dollars marked down from $85 so I bought it.

I have thought about doing the ship's tour as it looks interesting. I've had a tour of the bridge with a group of about 15 people before. One of the officers my niece and I met sent us an invitation. It was really great. But, I would like to see some of the other behind the scenes areas. I'm curious, what benefits besides the tour does one get?

We have never had any problem returning an undamaged purchase on the same cruise it was purchased on, even from the jewelry boutique.

You were fortunate! I have been able to exchange an item of clothing for a different size but the ring was an absolute "must send in to head quarters, we cannot take a return on the ship" The ring was not damaged, in fact not even worn, because it needed to be sized. Wish I had your experience;)