Scratch DJ

patty1955

Scratch DJ

Scratch DJ Academy, founded by Jam Master Jay of Run DMC, is the world’s leading DJ and music-production school. Currently in 50 states and 35 countries, Scratch has now created a customized program specifically for Celebrity Cruises. As the hosts of the first DJ academy at sea, enjoy an unforgettable experience learning how to blend, mix, and scratch like a pro.

This is listed as a new feature on the Summit. Does anybody have any experience with it yet?

• Thanks 1

Hi all,

A little more information about our Scratch DJ program:

For our budding “music mixologists” we have exactly what any aspiring DJ could want—a complimentary program we call Celebrity’s DJU. With Scratch DJ Academy® classes taught by seasoned DJ personalities, our teens will learn how to DJ on cutting edge equipment through a series of hands-on sessions. All this excitement leads up to a rocking graduation celebration where our newly taught DJs impress the celebrity DJ by creating their own mixes. They’ll also receive cool giveaways—including a certificate of graduation, DJ dog tags, and a scratch DJ Academy T-shirt.

• Thanks 1

Not interested in this at all. With all the surveys that Celebrity does I cannot believe that this was ever a topic of discussion. Seriously!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not trying to offend anyone but why would anyone come on a cruise and want to do this? Sounds perfectly dreadful to us.

To each his own. I find the trivia contests dreadfully boring but I know many people like it. I appreciate that Celebrity is diversifying it's offerings.

While I also appreciate that Celebrity is trying to diversify their onboard activities, I just have a feeling that neither Mrs. nor Mr. Aurora will be participating.

But a quick question -- is this activity included in the basic cruise fare or is it offered for an additional fee?

While I also appreciate that Celebrity is trying to diversify their onboard activities, I just have a feeling that neither Mrs. nor Mr. Aurora will be participating.

But a quick question -- is this activity included in the basic cruise fare or is it offered for an additional fee?

Post 5 explains that the activity is intended for teens and is complimentary.

OMG...a new low for a previously classy cruise line.

A scratch DJ....modern elegance...not exactly...!

teens we know do not idolize emulate or wanna be rap and scratch DJs....hope they keep their sounds away from pubkic areas...bad enough we have the Miami DJs....

OMG...a new low for a previously classy cruise line.

A scratch DJ....modern elegance...not exactly...!

teens we know do not idolize emulate or wanna be rap and scratch DJs....hope they keep their sounds away from pubkic areas...bad enough we have the Miami DJs....

I agree whole heartedly with your sentiment because learning how to be a DJ equals gangsta rap. While we are at it, we should recommend that no Elvis songs should be played (gyrating hips) and all Beatles songs should be banned (they are more popular than god). Only Perry Como, Bing Crosby (scratch that he beat his kids) and Tony Bennett should be played or taught to our kids.

• Thanks 1

I agree whole heartedly with your sentiment because learning how to be a DJ equals gangsta rap. While we are at it, we should recommend that no Elvis songs should be played (gyrating hips) and all Beatles songs should be banned (they are more popular than god). Only Perry Como, Bing Crosby (scratch that he beat his kids) and Tony Bennett should be played or taught to our kids.

:):):)

Wow - so this is offered for free to teens but we adults now have to pay for a Zumba class. :mad: My children are well past the teen stage but a DJ is not someone I'd care for my children to emulate. Big sigh. Let's just hope we don't have to hear it.